M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #67
NavidEsq1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8; 2015 x5M

"Throttle management." Sounds like I am driving a race car. Wait, ok yes it is an awesome car that has race car characteristics. But it's my daily car too and I should be able to floor it from a stop or take off from a light without worrying about how little or how hard I am pressing the gas pedal. We are talking about a $100,000 car, from BMW. Really?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #68
mimustang
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5, 2023 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimustang View Post
Problem solved!

Picked up the car from the dealer tonight and the problem has been corrected. Car now operates as I think it should. Dealer went through and reset all of the adaptations. Text from the service tech is as follows:

"No faults stored. Completed trans adaptations reset for clutch, shifting and valves. Noted M1 and M2 drive logic buttons were set to start at 2nd gear. Removed setting. "

Not sure where/how/when the 2nd gear start setting were established, but pretty sure the adaptation reset corrected a bad behavior that the car learned. It now starts off from a start like the 535xi loaner that I had today while they worked on my car.
Well, problem "unsolved"...

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but just passing along that over the past 7-10 days the car has slipped back into its old behaviors. It has also even started some of the second gear start events.

Yesterday, I put it away for the winter and will take it back in once the cold weather moves out of SW Michigan. Seems like there is something else going on here outside of just the adaptations. Drove another M5 (just like mine, non comp pack) and an M6 vert this past week and they did not exhibit any of the characteristics of mine.

Will be back at it in the spring to try and resolve, but for now, the Beast is hibernating for the winter. Will report back soon...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #69
finlandm5f10
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10&Audi RS6 C7 2016

Quote:

Sorry to dig up an older thread, but just passing along that over the past 7-10 days the car has slipped back into its old behaviors. It has also even started some of the second gear start events.

Yesterday, I put it away for the winter and will take it back in once the cold weather moves out of SW Michigan. Seems like there is something else going on here outside of just the adaptations. Drove another M5 (just like mine, non comp pack) and an M6 vert this past week and they did not exhibit any of the characteristics of mine.

Will be back at it in the spring to try and resolve, but for now, the Beast is hibernating for the winter. Will report back soon...

When you stop. And it is 2gear. Tap very gently in acceleration pedal. Car change 1.st gear and press brake. then always start 1.st gear.
Appreciate 1
Mcc420473.50
      03-21-2018, 11:58 PM   #70
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by finlandm5f10 View Post
Quote:

When you stop. And it is 2gear. Tap very gently in acceleration pedal. Car change 1.st gear and press brake. then always start 1.st gear.
Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0