M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #23
jyeoh
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMX

in Malaysia, they just stick a flat head screwdriver between the door and the glass, then twist and voila, whatever security tint is useless, the whole glass comes out, and you even have to replace the door frame. over here some tints are 10 mil thickness, still useless.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #24
Tupapison
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
sorry to see this...hope the basterds die of aids soon.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep
Drives: MCB F10 M5

Sorry to hear about that, hopefully you are ready for their next visit with something cold and made of metal that includes a firing pin.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #26
MakeEmDrool
MD, PhD, and OPP
Rep
Drives: M3 E92, F10 M5 on zee wei

Try and be fair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeoh View Post
in Malaysia, they just stick a flat head screwdriver between the door and the glass, then twist and voila, whatever security tint is useless, the whole glass comes out, and you even have to replace the door frame. over here some tints are 10 mil thickness, still useless.

They can hoist your car on a flatbed truck and drive off with it in less than a minute, never to be seen from again either. The fact is, security measures are meant to deter petty thief/thugs. So saying something like "useless" is shortsighted and unfair.

This is precisely why I have two armed guards and a german shepherd stand by my car wherever I park it. Can never be too careful after all. That being said, I'm sure if it's parked in Malaysia where you'll next tell us bazooka rocket carrying gangs roam the streets stealing cars, it would still have no chance, making that "useless" too...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #27
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyeoh View Post
What exactly is that "voila" part? Glass is supposed to shatter? Because that's exactly what they tried and failed with my car, they only ended damaging the door frame and glass, but it didn't shatter exactly because of tape. These were experienced burglars and many cars were easily broken into after mine, in the same neighborhood. Don't undermine the rest of the world and any one should get security measures they see fit.

I also find it difficult to believe that people in Malaysia use a 1 cm (10 millimeter) tape, not only would it look bad and be impractical, but also degrade visibility. I'd rather not leave anything valuable than drive with |----| thick tapes.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #28
MWM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Not to be a jerk or anything but man you got off easy!

Reading the thread title and seeing the red scowl icon I figured someone drilled a door lock and then messed with your steering column or something.

No paint damage? That's a huge win. I'll take that all day long. Look at the bright side -- as a great mentor once said "fail early, often, and cheaply."
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #29
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeEmDrool View Post
They can hoist your car on a flatbed truck and drive off with it in less than a minute, never to be seen from again either. The fact is, security measures are meant to deter petty thief/thugs. So saying something like "useless" is shortsighted and unfair.

This is precisely why I have two armed guards and a german shepherd stand by my car wherever I park it. Can never be too careful after all. That being said, I'm sure if it's parked in Malaysia where you'll next tell us bazooka rocket carrying gangs roam the streets stealing cars, it would still have no chance, making that "useless" too...
In TEXAS we guard our own cars. Christensen CA10 with holographic EcoTech sights, SICK.
BEWARE OF OWNER
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #30
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzmmm View Post
In TEXAS we guard our own cars. Christensen CA10 with holographic EcoTech sights, SICK.
BEWARE OF OWNER
Do the scrubs somehow indicate a conflict of interest?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #31
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
Do the scrubs somehow indicate a conflict of interest?

No, you can toss scrubs out after but try getting stains out of an Italian suit...

Thinking ahead
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #32
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWM View Post
Not to be a jerk or anything but man you got off easy!

Reading the thread title and seeing the red scowl icon I figured someone drilled a door lock and then messed with your steering column or something.

No paint damage? That's a huge win. I'll take that all day long. Look at the bright side -- as a great mentor once said "fail early, often, and cheaply."
Agree it could have been worse. Here's what some lowlife did to my first E60 M5. Worst part was the car was less than 2 weeks old - it still had the temp tags on it!
Attached Images

Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #33
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKEOM5 View Post
No, you can toss scrubs out after but try getting stains out of an Italian suit...

Thinking ahead
You make a compelling point.

However, MD's with guns; is that what is going to have to be done under Obamacare to make ends meet?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #34
LAKEOM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:

However, MD's with guns; is that what is going to have to be done under Obamacare to make ends meet?
Worst Prez since Harding. Easy.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #35
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep

Quote:

Ha it helps with collections!
Obama on the way out and if not, good luck seeing a doctor. Oh you NEED surgery, sure, come see me in 4 months.
Appreciate 0