M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Problems with the flash

Ok it seems like everyone with tune has issues, but nobody posts about it but everyone knows about it. Please share your story
      05-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Ok it seems like everyone with tune has issues, but nobody posts about it but everyone knows about it. Please share your story

i dont even know where to start, its long and miserable, but now my car is tuned by another tuner! runs like a CHAMP! cold start removed, delimited to at least 205 (tested to that speed ), no d t mals/cel/power losses, vibrations and weird noises at stop light... etc

only problem i have with my tune, car is that fast that my roof molding took off around 190mph.. waiting for new one to arrive from germany tomorrow and get it painted afterwards
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post

i dont even know where to start, its long and miserable, but now my car is tuned by another tuner! runs like a CHAMP! cold start removed, delimited to at least 205 (tested to that speed ), no d t mals/cel/power losses, vibrations and weird noises at stop light... etc

only problem i have with my tune, car is that fast that my roof molding took off around 190mph.. waiting for new one to arrive from germany tomorrow and get it painted afterwards
Who was the initial tuner and who is the tuner now if not a secret ?
      05-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
DATM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR / F06 M6

Garage List
I currently have a custom flash tune by Solo Motorsports in Atlanta, Ga and they did it in-house on their Mustang Dyno. It has been about 2 weeks and I wanted to give it some seat time before I gave a review about it. I will provide a more extensive review with videos and photos as soon I gather some more data such as 1/4 mi, 1/2 mi, pre-post dyno, 60-130, etc. But so far I have not had any problems with it. It feels very smooth, no lag feeling that you get like with the JB4. I have not got any codes or limp mode like others have experienced here on the forums. I'll also be attending the GA 1/2 mile this Sunday so I will be able to get some 1/2 mile times and videos. I'll keep everyone updated once I gather some more data.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Who was the initial tuner and who is the tuner now if not a secret ?
My ex tuner is Regal Autosport (owner of the company told me he bought tune from Bruno (Br))

My new tuner is Manic Motorsport, customer service is Top Notch, knowledge level of both guys running the shop is on different level, experience as well. Tune been customised to my specific request and i have been updated through out the process on how well or not well car is performing during tests.

My friend taking his r8 to them soon as they are back from business trip.

I am leaving next week as well and we will add some power on dyno, once i am back in july
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #6
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
I've been running my STAGE I tune since the beginning of January.

No dtmal, no limp mode, no fuel pump, no issues AT ALL.

I am not running an aggressive remap like most of the guys with issues though and besides my tune I have everything stock CP.

The problems have been directly associated with the more aggressive remaps being run and not the remap I have which has taken me to around 700hp stock. ESS Stage I tune is similar to mine and there are no issues with their remap either.

There IS definitely an issue with the more aggressive tunes though and I have spent many hours talking to forum members about what the issue could be. In all instances it's been the Stage II more aggressive remaps that have created the problems. :

To add I have over 4000 miles on this remap.
      05-26-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

My car runs good on straight 100 octane but on 93 my timing feels flat.
      05-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #8
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Dinan stage two, car drives great and I drive it really hard...... until you go full throttle ( around 120-140mph) then she misfires, car shakes and throws a DTM and I have to pull over. It's getting very old. They have been working on a fix for a year now................. About ready to pull it out.

I have confirmed 6 others with same time and same issue.
      05-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #9
Marmota
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6

Spinny, I thought Dinan did piggyback and not flash tunes. Can you elaborate please?

I've had one DTM after 500 miles of installing back the ECUs. Don't want to throw tuner under the bus as they have gotten back to me. I was told to drive normal and if it shows up again to let them know.

To me, the main issues is that the flash tune may not work well with catless downpipes? I thought a tune would take care of this problem. Apparently not.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with Enzo in NY. I thought they do their own tune with their own Dyno. Anyone having same issues?

I just want to use the catless downpipes without CEL lights. Don't really care about the extra power... Just be able to keep the catless downpipies at this point...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02
Dinan stage two, car drives great and I drive it really hard...... until you go full throttle ( around 120-140mph) then she misfires, car shakes and throws a DTM and I have to pull over. It's getting very old. They have been working on a fix for a year now................. About ready to pull it out.

I have confirmed 6 others with same time and same issue.
Weird my stage 2 on my M6 CP runs great after they replaced my box , but I have a Gruppe M intake not Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 09:34 PM   #11
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

It seems that from the people I'm in contact with from day 1 had the same issues. Too aggressive tune coupled with dtm, cel, unplanned monies spent and lack of support. I started off with a br tune. Ran great on the low side. High side had too many unsolvable issues. My ecu was sent back x3 and it still wasn't fixed properly and no explaination given. I've since switched to my local tuner eurocharged. From day 1 it's ran like a raped ape champ and I'm totally satisfied. We still have a tune session left because we didn't finish, but a few runs up to 180 w the part of land used isn't bad at all. It pulls very well low , mid and high and won't stop pulling. Again no problems what so ever and I'm happy with the customer service provided and the tune that is on my car. Two thumbs up for Jerry at Eurocharged. I couldn't wait anymore to post so there you have it.
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 04:35 AM   #12
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan View Post
I've been running my STAGE I tune since the beginning of January.

No dtmal, no limp mode, no fuel pump, no issues AT ALL.

I am not running an aggressive remap like most of the guys with issues though and besides my tune I have everything stock CP.

The problems have been directly associated with the more aggressive remaps being run and not the remap I have which has taken me to around 700hp stock. ESS Stage I tune is similar to mine and there are no issues with their remap either.

There IS definitely an issue with the more aggressive tunes though and I have spent many hours talking to forum members about what the issue could be. In all instances it's been the Stage II more aggressive remaps that have created the problems. :

To add I have over 4000 miles on this remap.
problem is directly associated with dickfaces who tested stage 1 tune and thought it would work with stage 2! once customers with stage 2 started to complain, some tuners did not have balls to put in their hands, man up and work with their customers in order to fix the problem due to: lack of knowledge or they are just lazy c*nts so they decided to blame fuel pumps and what not! fix is easy if you know what your are doing!
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #13
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Yep. What Greg said!

Aston777 I heard you also had issues. What were they
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #14
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Yep. What Greg said!

Aston777 I heard you also had issues. What were they
My car runs good on high octane only, not less than straight 100 octane, once I use 93, missfire, flat timing, car is breaking up top end. My tuner will be fixing it next week, hope it works out well, I would really need jb4 in order to log everything, unfortunately it's not out yet.
      05-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #15
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
problem is directly associated with dickfaces who tested stage 1 tune and thought it would work with stage 2! once customers with stage 2 started to complain, some tuners did not have balls to put in their hands, man up and work with their customers in order to fix the problem due to: lack of knowledge or they are just lazy c*nts so they decided to blame fuel pumps and what not! fix is easy if you know what your are doing!
Sounds like to me all the more aggressive tunes had problems initially and it's only now through time and effort that the remaps have been fixed.
I'm glad your car is running well now Greg... I agree that the more aggressive remap should only have been launched after more extensive testing.

Last edited by MCarsFan; 05-27-2015 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2015, 09:38 AM   #16
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Aston did you inform them of the type fuel your using? For me I use 93 but now that I'm using eurocharged tune everything is working right.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #17
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Aston did you inform them of the type fuel your using? For me I use 93 but now that I'm using eurocharged tune everything is working right.
They know I use 93
      05-27-2015, 12:01 PM   #18
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan View Post
Sounds like to me all the more aggressive tunes had problems initially and it's only now through time and effort that the remaps have been fixed.
I'm glad your car is running well now Greg... I agree that the more aggressive remap should only have been launched after more extensive testing.
thanks man

i am very glad the way car operates, like i mentioned before i will get a bit extra power by calibrating it on dyno in the beginning of july

and i think i am the one and only m5 f10 owner with no cold start
my tuner is magician!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #19
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Cold start removed sounds great, it's just too loud
      05-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #20
M5TXGuy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 BlackSapphireMetallic

Quote:

and i think i am the one and only m5 f10 owner with no cold start
my tuner is magician!
I think you are correct about that. I have asked about that in other threads and I have been told its not an option, removing the cold start.
      05-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #21
Givol
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///VlTrain View Post
I currently have a custom flash tune by Solo Motorsports in Atlanta, Ga and they did it in-house on their Mustang Dyno. It has been about 2 weeks and I wanted to give it some seat time before I gave a review about it. I will provide a more extensive review with videos and photos as soon I gather some more data such as 1/4 mi, 1/2 mi, pre-post dyno, 60-130, etc. But so far I have not had any problems with it. It feels very smooth, no lag feeling that you get like with the JB4. I have not got any codes or limp mode like others have experienced here on the forums. I'll also be attending the GA 1/2 mile this Sunday so I will be able to get some 1/2 mile times and videos. I'll keep everyone updated once I gather some more data.
Find me at wannagofast. I have white m5 so you can see the difference of your tune. I only have bms. I will be there sun. SC Plates.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 06:46 AM   #22
DATM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR / F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Givol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///VlTrain View Post
Find me at wannagofast. I have white m5 so you can see the difference of your tune. I only have bms. I will be there sun. SC Plates.
Will do. It will be good to see a comparison.
Appreciate 0