Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: comp m5

Help this might be it!

guys help is urgent
yes its over priced i got it down to 39,5
but its loaded and rare..... dealer won't budge for more please help and take a look at this link .....https://autohousesales.com/inventory...FL/2014-BMW-M5
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #24
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m5 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatem3 View Post
guys help is urgent
but its loaded and rare..... dealer won't budge for more please help and take a look at this link .....https://autohousesales.com/inventory...FL/2014-BMW-M5
too overpriced, mine had the same options, 47k miles and was a 15 and was less than that.
Appreciate 1
SCD-1983575.50
      10-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #25
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
guys help is urgent
IMHO, it's really not that special or loaded!
It's missing ceramic brakes, night vision, full leather, rear entertainment and ceramic controls!
The mileage is on the higher side, CP is not that rare to be honest, pretty basic color combo!
In a nutshell, it has executive, competition, lighting and driving assistant package, many other M5s offer the same. Please keep looking 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:22 PM   #26
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
It's missing ceramic brakes, night vision, full leather, rear entertainment and ceramic controls!
The mileage is on the higher side, CP is not that rare to be honest, pretty basic color combo!
In a nutshell, it has executive, competition, lighting and driving assistant package, many other M5s offer the same. Please keep looking 👍🏻
mmm second opinion with the same agreement....i got him to lower it to 39,500 its over priced by around 3k guys... keep that in mind im not asking for a steal.. but something clean with some options...
main things i wanted was B>O system with executive COMP was a plus.. full leather might be needed i don't need the rear entertainment... im not even sure what's Ceramic controls .... and the ceramic brakes in not trying to replace that
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:26 PM   #27
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
mmm second opinion with the same agreement....i got him to lower it to 39,500 its over priced by around 3k guys... keep that in mind im not asking for a steal.. but something clean with some options...
main things i wanted was B>O system with executive COMP was a plus.. full leather might be needed i don't need the rear entertainment... im not even sure what's Ceramic controls .... and the ceramic brakes in not trying to replace that
Full leather, ceramic brakes and rear entertainment are truly not needed, agreed. The other options should however be a must, the car seems to be clean. I wasn't looking for a steal either, rather a clean and rare spec. Being patient and checking for offers every day, plus being lucky, helped me find my special M5. If this one suits you, then go for it. I have to admit that I'm overly biased, being on my third M5!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:27 PM   #28
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Yams View Post
too overpriced, mine had the same options, 47k miles and was a 15 and was less than that.
i blame the lack of out put
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #29
santamonica00
Lover of the 3rd pedal
Rep
Drives: '16 M5 6spd; '13 Audi S4 6 spd

This should be $35-36k max with that mileage. For that price it needs to be 40-50k miles and/or year newer. I'd hold off...it'll come
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:33 PM   #30
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

i kinda did hold off for a while but this is over priced by not much.. i posted another previously take a look at the last link
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:36 PM   #31
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

this is another one https://www.century-cars.com/newandu...gurus_listings
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #32
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Full leather, ceramic brakes and rear entertainment are truly not needed, agreed. The other options should however be a must, the car seems to be clean. I wasn't looking for a steal either, rather a clean and rare spec. Being patient and checking for offers every day, plus being lucky, helped me find my special M5. If this one suits you, then go for it. I have to admit that I'm overly biased, being on my third M5!
i value your say very much ....
im very patient and haven't seen one that suited me like this in a while... even with it being ( IWOULD SAY 3,500) over priced. which im fine with in a time like this with no out put of cars....

but what are you overly biased on? what would have made you jump on this deal?
also have you checked the others i posted>? i wouldn't want to go over 35,000 for a m5 but this i would definitely make a pass for being over.. but if i need a smack of reality than please EVERYONE TELL ME

honestly have you seen what's out there rite now... it isn't much and i probably been searching for a year and been in the market for over 2
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #33
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Price range acceptable for the mileage, but lack of options. The previous one is a better deal, despite the mileage. The wait for the perfect unicorn might actually kill you, therefore test drive the one you like and get it. Life is too short for compromises!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #34
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Price range acceptable for the mileage, but lack of options. The previous one is a better deal, despite the mileage. The wait for the perfect unicorn might actually kill you, therefore test drive the one you like and get it. Life is too short for compromises!
agree.
if i have to ask my self if the 8 grand extra bug me.. im going to say no
and also
https://www.seldenmotors.com/vehicle...pa-id-38166094
im not sure if i posted this but i was highly ready to close on this but why when i can get a comp pack for slightly extra
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #35
vinsanem5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus ISF/ '16 M5

buying a higher mileage , multiple owner with no warranty is asking for trouble. Especially from the shady independent dealers. You are gonna end up spending the money you are trying to save in repairs eventually. Just pay the premium for a well maintained +14 hopeflly with warranty imo.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #36
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanem5 View Post
buying a higher mileage , multiple owner with no warranty is asking for trouble. Especially from the shady independent dealers. You are gonna end up spending the money you are trying to save in repairs eventually. Just pay the premium for a well maintained +14 hopeflly with warranty imo.
i posted a few....
the one i want to gun for is a 14... take a look it should be the first post on page 2... auto house LLC
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #37
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
agree.
if i have to ask my self if the 8 grand extra bug me.. im going to say no
and also
https://www.seldenmotors.com/vehicle...pa-id-38166094
im not sure if i posted this but i was highly ready to close on this but why when i can get a comp pack for slightly extra
hey man sorry for the short post, I was on break and didn't have much time. When it comes down to it, it's your car, no one else's. In the used car market we all take sacrafices and hits, my personal one was it was a 4 owner..... it had excellent maintenance record, but still. I was also shopping at the start of covid when used car prices tanked so I got 8k under kbb value, where now your are fighting against a used car shortage. personally I chose specific options i had to have.
1) Comp pack, I wanted this for the handling and sound improvements.
2) b&o sound because I love music.
3) '14 or newer(like the looks and hate old steering wheel)

then there are things that I wanted but didn't need.
like executive pack and blind spot(which im forgetting if its part of that pack or not)

then the no goes
1) carbon ceramic brakes( mainly because I don't like the idea of $4500 per rotor)
2) night vision (hate seeing it in the grilles)

all the other options to me didn't matter, full leather is cool but I heard it doesn't always hold up well. Rear seat entertainment? Who cares about the people in the back seats. I didn't even know the ceramic controls were an option until this thread.

If you find one that fits the bill and shoot for it, we will be here to give our opinion, but its your choice that matters most.

oh yeah I should probably comment on what I quoted, I liked the higher milage one more, but those rims.....
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2020, 05:33 PM   #38
M5Yams
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
and that one is base model no packages so hard pass.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 06:23 PM   #39
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

ok guys so that m5 that's over priced when i got it down to 39...
i was able to get it down to 385.
it also has Down pipes and a tune...
not sure if i should be worried
actually they only knew that because it won't pass NY inspection (maybe it will because the tune)
but the original owner had called them he swapped it for a newer car

so my question is did that just make the deal more attractive?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #40
Competition C
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hey man sorry for the short post, I was on break and didn't have much time. When it comes down to it, it's your car, no one else's. In the used car market we all take sacrafices and hits, my personal one was it was a 4 owner..... it had excellent maintenance record, but still. I was also shopping at the start of covid when used car prices tanked so I got 8k under kbb value, where now your are fighting against a used car shortage. personally I chose specific options i had to have.
1) Comp pack, I wanted this for the handling and sound improvements.
2) b&o sound because I love music.
3) '14 or newer(like the looks and hate old steering wheel)

then there are things that I wanted but didn't need.
like executive pack and blind spot(which im forgetting if its part of that pack or not)

then the no goes
1) carbon ceramic brakes( mainly because I don't like the idea of $4500 per rotor)
2) night vision (hate seeing it in the grilles)

all the other options to me didn't matter, full leather is cool but I heard it doesn't always hold up well. Rear seat entertainment? Who cares about the people in the back seats. I didn't even know the ceramic controls were an option until this thread.

If you find one that fits the bill and shoot for it, we will be here to give our opinion, but its your choice that matters most.

oh yeah I should probably comment on what I quoted, I liked the higher milage one more, but those rims.....
hey thanks for that i definitely makes me feel more confident in the m5 from florida with the comp pack....
i wrote in my last post that they got it with DP and TUNE....
i was going to do that regardless ... also got them to drop the car another 500 so a total of 2000 they dropped it that's basically the shipping cost or the tax to new york... what ever way you want to see it... im find with over paying .
what a extra 2500? for a car that meets all my needs
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 01:10 AM   #41
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I agree with others, I'd only look for 2014 or above. 95% of 2013s might be problem free, but I wouldn't risk it on my dime.

In regards to shipping, I wouldn't trust them. I've heard horror stories and don't want anyone touching my car. Buy a cheap plane ticket, take a few days off, and make it an amazing trip. I drove 500 miles each way to get mine and I wish it was 1000 miles back.

Out of all listed, I would get the 2014 for $38.5 in Daly City, CA. I know it doesn't have the packages, but it has 20k miles less than the $38 in Florida. Those are miles that you could be putting on yourself, not some other guy. Packages or not, at the end of the day it's still a top of the line BMW. Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 07:22 AM   #42
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Rear seat entertainment? Who cares about the people in the back seats.
My kids (who travel in the back and I can assure you I care a great deal about) love the RSE in my M5. I've got a similar setup in the wife's car and they're almost a 'must have' for me now in cars.

FWIW I also love the extended leather. It gives the car a 'high end' feel when the full dash, centre console, door trims etc are all in leather. I've had no issues with the full leather in mine, but I could imagine if the car lived outside this could be an issue.
Appreciate 2
M5Yams91.00
SCD-1983575.50
      10-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #43
vinsanem5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus ISF/ '16 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
I agree with others, I'd only look for 2014 or above. 95% of 2013s might be problem free, but I wouldn't risk it on my dime.

In regards to shipping, I wouldn't trust them. I've heard horror stories and don't want anyone touching my car. Buy a cheap plane ticket, take a few days off, and make it an amazing trip. I drove 500 miles each way to get mine and I wish it was 1000 miles back.

Out of all listed, I would get the 2014 for $38.5 in Daly City, CA. I know it doesn't have the packages, but it has 20k miles less than the $38 in Florida. Those are miles that you could be putting on yourself, not some other guy. Packages or not, at the end of the day it's still a top of the line BMW. Just my opinion
for me personally i would never buy a car with a bad carfax, and multiple owners... especially an f10 m5. Too many possibilities of it being driven hard and not properly maintained. Plus if you ever try to resell, you arent going to find many people who want a wrecked car.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #44
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanem5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post

for me personally i would never buy a car with a bad carfax, and multiple owners... especially an f10 m5. Too many possibilities of it being driven hard and not properly maintained. Plus if you ever try to resell, you arent going to find many people who want a wrecked car.
I did not look at the carfax. I assumed all the cars sent would be clean with 1 or 2 owners max. I was only looking at miles and year.
Appreciate 0