BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
rocky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

2015 F10 M5 after one week - review and impressions

I ordered my M5 on October 21, 2015 and finally arrived last weekend. it's 2015, MCB, non cp, exec package, B & O sound system, 343 20" wheels.

LOOKS--- MCB looks absolutely stunning. I was on the edge between AW, singapour grey and metallic black. Sooo happy with the MCB. Everywhere i go i get compliments on how great it looks. cant wait to get the windows tinted and put on the new LCI front and side grill.

DRIVE --- I turned in my 2012 535i for the M5. The M5 is a marvel to say the least. Night and day compared to the 535i. Cant compare them as the 535i is not in the same class. I have the M1 settings set for comfort primarily...and at these setting the M5 blows away my 535i even at its more aggressive settings. When i push M2 the setting i have are sport, sport plus, sport.... Whoa... its torque and immediate response is unreal.... i was blown away at its sheer power and smoothness of the gear shifting....i only have 260 miles on the car but did take it to 5500 rpms and it was impressive to say the least...cant wait to unleash this beast after 1200 miles. The fun factor is amazing...just amazing. The braking is excellent with very little if any squeaking. The steering wheel fits my hands perfectly and the heated steering wheel is a welcomed feature in the early morning cool temps. the seats adjust perfectly and being 6'4" i am very comfortable and have plenty of room. Havent tried the massage on the butt feature yet....but it sure sounds good. the handling around corners is very good, not excellent,,,perhaps the cp package would make a difference, but having said that i can say there isnt much lean and im able to maintain speed uniformly around a turn where in the 535i i had to slow down considerably. Mind you im not a track guy and probably never will go to the track but the handling is everything one could ask for.

EXHAUST --- this is an area i'm concerned about. the stock exhaust is pretty tame and considered getting the upgrade from BMW. the i didn't feel the cost was worth it....so when i got the car home i crawled under the trunk and took a piece of wire and opened up the two flap valves in the mufflers and what a HUGE difference it makes. On a cold start the TONE is impressive and considerably louder and on the road it is much more aggressive with the sound of agression without the drone which i Hate.!! so now im happy with my simple exhaust mod that took 10 minutes and less than 5 dollars... sweet.

WHEELS --- The 343 wheel are beautiful...they are not fully silver as the pictures would suggest....they have a really cool tint to them with a little shade darker on the inner portion of the spokes...looks great...i dont know if this is a new type of 343 wheels or not but its different than the photos on ads for the 343 and it looks great....with the 20 inch Michelin PSS tires....thank god the Pirelli tires were not on the car.

B & O sound system --- Outstanding! I have the black full leather interior and the silver speaker grill give a classy touch and rich look. the little tweeter on the dash pops up and the edges are lit up at night and looks great as does the crisp sound and rich high and lows of the sound. No rattles from the speakers and very clear without distortion.

Ambient lighting --- I was worried abt this feature as many on this forum have complained that it is hard to see it or that its hard to adjust. Well i can tell you that it looks great and its very noticable and gives a wonderful ambient light around the door, center console and rear seat areas... i use the classic mode and just love it.

Don't like --- so far no complaints...perhaps the CP would make a difference. But honestly i really dont know how much more a difference it would make as even with the non cp this vehicle is just amazing and as i mentioned above...i am not a track guy and historically i drive pretty conservatively so having this car as its currently configured is such a treat and feel very blessed that i can afford to experience this wonder on four wheels.

Like the most --- The Power and acceleration and overall driveability...nothing that i've ever experienced before.

I hope this review helps all who are considering an M5.

Merry Xmas all and god bless this forum.

Last edited by rocky; 12-21-2014 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: wrong date
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:18 AM   #2
znammzM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 SG M6

congrat!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Welcome and enjoy in good health. Thanks for the write up.
      12-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm just a little ahead of you, now with 2 weeks and 650 miles. I have a few different feelings though. The handling was just fine on a run through twisties yesterday with other Ms and I am fine with the std exhaust so far. I have the base HK system and find it plenty good enough for my ears.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Welcome! Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #6
Greer