M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

02-27-2022, 02:22 AM   #45
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

My car has done 118000km
Had shudder on rev and 1st gear
Stage 2 tune for 30k
Oil change and reset at bmw only cost $800aud
Car drives really well
Shudder gone
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2022, 06:41 PM   #46
RonMexico
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Won't continue to warranty? That is brutal and definitely a signal to me not to buy. I guess it is stock clutches for me and a tune for the transmission.
Where can I find more info about the trans tune?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 06:56 PM   #47
707M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
Quote:
Won't continue to warranty? That is brutal and definitely a signal to me not to buy. I guess it is stock clutches for me and a tune for the transmission.
Where can I find more info about the trans tune?
xHP transmission tune.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2022, 08:17 PM   #48
OgGinja
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

I just put 1100 miles on my 2nd set (warrantied) SSP clutches...First set were super sluggish and toasted on a full throttle downshift into 3rd. On throttle downshifts still suck, slow sluggish on throttle downshifts. Feels like the clutches will toast again if I full throttle and the car downshifts manual or auto. Would say they did get a little better but I still do not have enough faith in them to use as intended .
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 02:48 PM   #49
FrozenSolid
Frozen_Solid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Frozen Bronze Metallic M5

I'm seeing a few of these issue post when searching, I'm running xHP stage 3 right now without issues for the power im making but would like to push it a little more. For sure going to look into DEKA if I make the jump
      05-11-2022, 10:43 PM   #50
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenSolid View Post
I'm seeing a few of these issue post when searching, I'm running xHP stage 3 right now without issues for the power im making but would like to push it a little more. For sure going to look into DEKA if I make the jump
If you are going to be making power above 700 or so please consider chatting with Raza or Mike at Sales@RKautowerks

You'll end up melting a piston, bending a rod or seizing the rod bearings. There are issues with the injectors and intake manifold as well but if you get ahead of them before the motor eats itself you'll have many years of fun.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 11:58 PM   #51
707M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5

Quote:
Quote:
If you are going to be making power above 700 or so please consider chatting with Raza or Mike at Sales@RKautowerks

You'll end up melting a piston, bending a rod or seizing the rod bearings. There are issues with the injectors and intake manifold as well but if you get ahead of them before the motor eats itself you'll have many years of fun.
I've made well over 700 close to 800 for a long while and beat on my car with lots of roll racing and had no issues with the motor. Now that I had to go back to stock clutch I'm at about 700 whp and 700 wtq with the xHP trans tune. According to xHP stock clutch with their tune can hold up 730 wtq reliably.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2022, 09:02 PM   #52
FrozenSolid
Frozen_Solid
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I would figure im around 660ish whp, trying to set up a dyno time soon
      05-12-2022, 09:39 PM   #53
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I would figure im around 660ish whp, trying to set up a dyno time soon
That's a very respectable number for sure. Send your oil out to black stone or someone else for analysis and keep an eye on oil level and for metal in the filter.

Mishimoto has a large oil cooler in ore-sale ordering status right now. It has larger cooling surface and will hold about .8 quart more of oil. These are great cars but the heat eats em up.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 03:43 PM   #54
FrozenSolid
Frozen_Solid
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's a very respectable number for sure. Send your oil out to black stone or someone else for analysis and keep an eye on oil level and for metal in the filter.

Mishimoto has a large oil cooler in ore-sale ordering status right now. It has larger cooling surface and will hold about .8 quart more of oil. These are great cars but the heat eats em up.

Getting it changed next friday, I only have 21k on the clock but going to send it out "just is case" I also have been looking into that cooler especially with my being in Florida. The heat is extra bad here so thinking on meth injection as well
      05-13-2022, 09:01 PM   #55
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Getting it changed next friday, I only have 21k on the clock but going to send it out "just is case" I also have been looking into that cooler especially with my being in Florida. The heat is extra bad here so thinking on meth injection as well
Yup, I am in 813 and although I love every square inch of my area code it gets hotter than hinges of the gate of hell here.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2023, 11:41 AM   #56
Jepic2607
Registered
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will78801 View Post
Been running Deka stage 3 clutches for 5 months now it was worth it.
Hey will, whats the update on those Deka clutches you've been running?

Would you say its an easy choice over SSP?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 08:32 PM   #57
Will78801
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepic2607 View Post
Hey will, whats the update on those Deka clutches you've been running?

Would you say its an easy choice over SSP?
The clutches are still going strong. I can't say I have friends running SSP and it's doing the job.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 08:46 PM   #58
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will78801 View Post
The clutches are still going strong. I can't say I have friends running SSP and it's doing the job.
Thank you for the follow up. I am looking at replacing my clutches with SSP or Deka. Turner Motorsports is selling Deka clutches on their website with a lifetime warranty. The warranty is structured in a way that requires buying new clutches and getting a credit back to your TMS account. We own multiple bimmers so I am pretty sure we will use the credit if the clutches ever need to be replaced. So I am leaning a bit more on the Deka setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2023, 08:31 PM   #59
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
After watching the Evolve Automotive M4 Deka clutch install video again; I have decided to go with the Deka stage 2 clutch set. I was going to go with the Stage 3 but the comment about the hard kick going into reverse persuaded me otherwise as my wife does drive the car for me when I am deployed.

Appreciate 1
      08-16-2023, 09:42 AM   #60
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 - '21 F90 M5

great to see. we need some good tested options.
2021 M5 Motegi Red- Stock
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 07:16 AM   #61
Mano N54
Rep
Drives: E92 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgGinja View Post
I just put 1100 miles on my 2nd set (warrantied) SSP clutches...First set were super sluggish and toasted on a full throttle downshift into 3rd. On throttle downshifts still suck, slow sluggish on throttle downshifts. Feels like the clutches will toast again if I full throttle and the car downshifts manual or auto. Would say they did get a little better but I still do not have enough faith in them to use as intended .
did you solve this issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 08:19 PM   #62
OgGinja
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano N54 View Post
did you solve this issue?
Honestly been to scared to let it auto downshift and go WOT fully. I have just been using the paddles and waiting for full engagement before going WOT. It is def better than what it was but still an issue. I have tried to learn the valves 100+ times to see if it would fix but half of the time I would get failures and when I did get completed learnings didn't seem like they did much.
Appreciate 0