M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

02-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

Ferrari 812 Superfast

You can bet that it will be SUPER FAST

Appreciate 1
patb2392.00
      02-18-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

The name sure is superfail. What I do expect is that the upcoming Mclaren P14 will hand this car its ass back on a platter...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
The name sure is superfail. What I do expect is that the upcoming Mclaren P14 will hand this car its ass back on a platter...
Mac will be called "Even Faster"
Appreciate 1
clar144.00
      02-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Mac will be called "Even Faster"
That's just tacky. I would call it Superfastest
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
That's just tacky. I would call it Superfastest
Ever
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
You sold the 458 why? That was a keeper and a special car ...........the 488's are not doing so hot.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #7
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
You sold the 458 why? That was a keeper and a special car ...........the 488's are not doing so hot.
Because he is fallen in love with Mac
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 12:51 AM   #8
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
U must have missed my post about the Speciale last year. Was never head over heels in love with that car. For a start, it sounded lack lustre and nothing like the legendary Ferrari V8 one is lead to believe. The really great sounding Ferrari V8s are the 360s and earlier in stock condition. Every other great sounding ones had an aftermarket exhaust. Ferrari took a step back with the sound of the Speciale compared to the Italia. The worst part of the car was the squeak when shifting up in full throttle condition. The 9k rpm redline was supposed to be one of the major highlights of the car, but someone forgot to mention that it's accompanied with a slipping belt that gives a nasty squeaking sound. It's embarrassing to say the least. It made me not want to drive that car in a spirited manner. If one were to not drive that car in that manner, what good is that car??? The crazy brake squeal was the other nail in the coffin. Sad, but it's a wonderful car to drive otherwise. Engineering wise, I feel it's not the best car there is. High speed stability and esp braking, wasn't as remarkable as I had expected. I didn't feel very comfortable with the car during hard braking on the track. It was moving around too much for my comfort. I am holding my breath for the upcoming P14. Now that Mclaren has produced the excellent driving 570S, I fully expect the P14 to combine that with the awesome suspension in the 650S to good effect. There is simply too much cutting edge technology in the P14 for any Ferrari to compete with. Ferrari used to win in the driving/feel/emotion department, but I will be surprise if they could still come up tops this time round. Their aluminium chassis is long in the tooth.

The 488 is an improved version of the Speciale and much faster, not that it needed to be any quicker. It is however, not very special in Ferrari's history of V8s just like the 430 was. I feel it would be relegated to the recycle bin very quickly when its replacement arrives. It is also unfortunate to be born in such competitive times. Previous V8 Ferraris didn't have to contend with Mclaren. They only had to deal with Lamboghini, which were never much of a threat. I love competition!

The 812 Superfail being a bloody fast FR layout, does absolutely nothing for me. I will probably buy it when I'm 70 or something. Mid engined super cars are much more exciting!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:44 AM   #9
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
U must have missed my post about the Speciale last year. Was never head over heels in love with that car. For a start, it sounded lack lustre and nothing like the legendary Ferrari V8 one is lead to believe. The really great sounding Ferrari V8s are the 360s and earlier in stock condition. Every other great sounding ones had an aftermarket exhaust. Ferrari took a step back with the sound of the Speciale compared to the Italia. The worst part of the car was the squeak when shifting up in full throttle condition. The 9k rpm redline was supposed to be one of the major highlights of the car, but someone forgot to mention that it's accompanied with a slipping belt that gives a nasty squeaking sound. It's embarrassing to say the least. It made me not want to drive that car in a spirited manner. If one were to not drive that car in that manner, what good is that car??? The crazy brake squeal was the other nail in the coffin. Sad, but it's a wonderful car to drive otherwise. Engineering wise, I feel it's not the best car there is. High speed stability and esp braking, wasn't as remarkable as I had expected. I didn't feel very comfortable with the car during hard braking on the track. It was moving around too much for my comfort. I am holding my breath for the upcoming P14. Now that Mclaren has produced the excellent driving 570S, I fully expect the P14 to combine that with the awesome suspension in the 650S to good effect. There is simply too much cutting edge technology in the P14 for any Ferrari to compete with. Ferrari used to win in the driving/feel/emotion department, but I will be surprise if they could still come up tops this time round. Their aluminium chassis is long in the tooth.

The 488 is an improved version of the Speciale and much faster, not that it needed to be any quicker. It is however, not very special in Ferrari's history of V8s just like the 430 was. I feel it would be relegated to the recycle bin very quickly when its replacement arrives. It is also unfortunate to be born in such competitive times. Previous V8 Ferraris didn't have to contend with Mclaren. They only had to deal with Lamboghini, which were never much of a threat. I love competition!

The 812 Superfail being a bloody fast FR layout, does absolutely nothing for me. I will probably buy it when I'm 70 or something. Mid engined super cars are much more exciting!
Got it sorry I may have missed it, and agree if you can't smile why driving it sell it. Agree MAC is taking some Porsche business because Porsche makes it to hard to buy a damn GT car. If I get a MAC one day it would be used because of depreciation in the US is terrible. They just produce too many cars and it kills the previous models. Will see what the P14 does I hear it's a killer car for some that saw it in NY last week a VIP event.

So far I'm still loving the RS makes me smile each time I started it up ....well not my neighbors(:
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

The rear end looks sad and has a red diffuser like a Mustang. <~~~~~
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #11
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Yeah I'm sure the design has a lot to do with aero but man, it's just not a good looking car.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #12
SF_DCT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Yeah I'm sure the design has a lot to do with aero but man, it's just not a good looking car.
I think they need to get Pinninfarina back into the mix.
Retired: 2008 Cayman S, Black/Black, 6MT
Retired: 2007 E92 328i, JB/Black, 6MT
Appreciate 0