M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Closed Thread

02-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Just picked up my 2014 M5 from JMK BMW in NJ $13k off MSRP!

Hi everyone,
I'll post my impressions of the car later but I am very impressed. Can't wait till after break in.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with Lucas S of JMK BMW. Lucas is by far not your typical over the top with pressure car salesman. I have a great amount of respect for him that he came to me with the best number he could do on the car and my trade in. Two other dealerships tried to play around with me by either giving me more off MSRP and far less on my trade, or vice versa. This was after a lot of headache with them and also the "you have to take it now" mentality.

Picked up a 2014 M5 with an MSRP of $115,425 and paid $13k less.

No BS, no drama, etc. Lucas has been a pleasure to work with on other deals and if you are in the area looking for an M5 or M6 they have a nice selection they want to move. ~$13k off M5s and ~$14k off M6s.

Even on my mother and sister's car he gave leases FAR better than other dealerships...and we didn't have to negotiate. No pressure at all. He's been so cool to me dealing with me going back and forth between different cars. Never one getting frustrated or thinking I'm BSing.

I also recently did some damage to my credit by opening some interest free loans and I just missed the cutoff for Tier 1 credit. Lucas gave BMW a call and got me bumped up.

I normally don't write out reviews especially lengthy ones but when you have had such a good experience and hear of people getting preyed on (even witnessing it yourself!), it would be doing the community an injustice not to share my experience.

Any one in the tri-state or wherever, give him a shout and tell him Nik sent you. He's an M certified enthusiast up to date on everything. I was originally planning on ordering an M4 and he was going above and beyond to find out frozen color availability, etc.

Anyway, time to start finding some mods for the new beast.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Sounds great. Thanks for the tips/info/advice.

Now post some pictures of your car dude.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'll post my impressions of the car later but I am very impressed. Can't wait till after break in.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with Lucas S of JMK BMW. Lucas is by far not your typical over the top with pressure car salesman. I have a great amount of respect for him that he came to me with the best number he could do on the car and my trade in. Two other dealerships tried to play around with me by either giving me more off MSRP and far less on my trade, or vice versa. This was after a lot of headache with them and also the "you have to take it now" mentality.

Picked up a 2014 M5 with an MSRP of $115,425 and paid $13k less.

No BS, no drama, etc. Lucas has been a pleasure to work with on other deals and if you are in the area looking for an M5 or M6 they have a nice selection they want to move. ~$13k off M5s and ~$14k off M6s.

Even on my mother and sister's car he gave leases FAR better than other dealerships...and we didn't have to negotiate. No pressure at all. He's been so cool to me dealing with me going back and forth between different cars. Never one getting frustrated or thinking I'm BSing.

I also recently did some damage to my credit by opening some interest free loans and I just missed the cutoff for Tier 1 credit. Lucas gave BMW a call and got me bumped up.

I normally don't write out reviews especially lengthy ones but when you have had such a good experience and hear of people getting preyed on (even witnessing it yourself!), it would be doing the community an injustice not to share my experience.

Any one in the tri-state or wherever, give him a shout and tell him Nik sent you. He's an M certified enthusiast up to date on everything. I was originally planning on ordering an M4 and he was going above and beyond to find out frozen color availability, etc.

Anyway, time to start finding some mods for the new beast.
What is the invoice price on the car and what cash incentives were you given?

The whole X off MSRP is a typical salesman game, you should always talk invoice numbers, plus or minus invoice. I believe most people around here are getting invoice pricing in addition to the 1-2k cash incentive BMW is giving which puts them well below the invoice number.

Anyways, I'm curious to know how much the invoice was on the car and the details of the deal. Also was it a demo a car and how many miles were on it or did you order it?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
yojimbo1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Like RealStig, I am interested in getting more details on this deal. On the surface, it would seem that the OP paid approx. $5K below invoice.

Rough numbers: Based on a 115K MSRP, invoice is approx. 107K. OP apparently paid approx. 102K.

Knowing some of the other variables, e.g., what BMW incentives are included in the deal, would help us understand the deal better.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
mitch65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7

Op had a trade in. Without knowing the details of the trade in, the discount on the new car means nothing. Dealer probably made up for the large discount with the trade in.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
yojimbo1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Of course Mitch is correct.

With a trade-in as part of the deal, it's impossible to know whether the OP got a good deal, great deal or lousy deal on his M5.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #7
NikB316
Captain
Rep

The deal I got is being offered regardless of my trade in. In fact JMK advertises it in their emails they send out. I got a very fair trade in and it had nothing to do with the deal. Is posting a JMK ad against rules here? Feel free to call up Lucas. Guys, these deals are going around, Lucas just makes the process smoother.

BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 12:09 AM   #8
NikB316
Captain
Rep

The car was sitting at the dealer, hence why I mentioned they have a few available they are blowing out. It's brand new, not a demo.

I'm not new to the leasing game...have leased two other BMWs around invoice.

The $13k off msrp includes all available BMW incentives and offers. You don't necessarily have to know the invoice price to determine if it's a good deal.

Invoice is $106,170 based on Edmunds. So I got about $3700 off that after the incentives BMW are giving out.

EDIT: Deal pic posted. As I am not a dealer I don't beleive it violates any rules but my apologies if it does.

Pics to follow soon! Just ordered a ton of stuff from IND.
Attached Images

Last edited by NikB316; 02-28-2014 at 12:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
yojimbo1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks OP.......appreciate you sharing the specifics of your deal. I think you got a very good deal.

Last edited by yojimbo1; 02-28-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

I visited JMK to have a look at these deals. They were good, but they wanted a lot of out of pocket money (a big no no as we know), and they had a bunch of nonsense fees on the contract, etc. Still a great deal, even if not the best out there right now. And, it could be the perfect deal if they had the color and equip you wanted.

Every dealer in the northeast seems to have a bunch of M5/6 inventory. I think its a combination of 3-4 years into production, and a hellish winter. They are all discounting these cars hard right now.

PS. My Car completed production today and will be on its way to "beemerhaven" this weekend. Approx how long to get it to port of Bayonne Nj (aka NYC)? I am getting pretty freakin anxious.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
NikB316
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone
I visited JMK to have a look at these deals. They were good, but they wanted a lot of out of pocket money (a big no no as we know), and they had a bunch of nonsense fees on the contract, etc. Still a great deal, even if not the best out there right now. And, it could be the perfect deal if they had the color and equip you wanted.

Every dealer in the northeast seems to have a bunch of M5/6 inventory. I think its a combination of 3-4 years into production, and a hellish winter. They are all discounting these cars hard right now.

PS. My Car completed production today and will be on its way to "beemerhaven" this weekend. Approx how long to get it to port of Bayonne Nj (aka NYC)? I am getting pretty freakin anxious.
I didn't put a penny down. Literally just paid my first month payment. They were fine with rolling the ~$5k and other fees into the lease. I haven't encountered a dealership that was ever opposed to rolling in the "suggested" down payment? It shouldn't matter to them. Doesn't change anything on their end. Maybe the sales rep was lousy? Sucks that two people can go in there and leave with different results. The fees I paid were standard, exact same as other dealerships.

Seems like all the big dealers can play ball with these deals. I just personally had a great experience with Lucas S.

The car had everything I wanted although I would have ordered Frozen Black if I could. I was more on an M4 budget so this was enough of a jump for me. Didn't really want to pay anymore and I also had to trade in my M3 before my 50k warranty ran out.

You must be pumped for the car! I'm amazed with how it moves for such a pig

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #12
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
I didn't put a penny down. Literally just paid my first month payment. They were fine with rolling the ~$5k and other fees into the lease. I haven't encountered a dealership that was ever opposed to rolling in the "suggested" down payment? It shouldn't matter to them. Doesn't change anything on their end. Maybe the sales rep was lousy? Sucks that two people can go in there and leave with different results. The fees I paid were standard, exact same as other dealerships.

Seems like all the big dealers can play ball with these deals. I just personally had a great experience with Lucas S.

The car had everything I wanted although I would have ordered Frozen Black if I could. I was more on an M4 budget so this was enough of a jump for me. Didn't really want to pay anymore and I also had to trade in my M3 before my 50k warranty ran out.

You must be pumped for the car! I'm amazed with how it moves for such a pig
Your car is much better equipped than mine. Here is my build and deal:

Monte Carlo Blue/SilverstoneII
MSRP of $103825 (exec, lights, 20")
$13259 out of pocket including NJ tax, bank fee, Motor Vehicle, all other nonsense fees, and 7 multiple security deposits totaling $7700. So actual out of pocket is $5559 and includes first payment; there is $0 cap cost reduction in the OOP figure. 36 months, 12K miles per year @ $1056.00 per month.

The incentives are pretty flat right now, but I get to see what March looks like this week, and then maybe even April. Might be a few more bucks for loyalty or something. Who knows.

Congrats and keep an eye out for a bright blue beast when you are on the road!!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
NikB316
Captain
Rep

MCB

I had my mind set on the MCB one at JMK but I really wanted the B&O system. I swore to myself I wouldn't have another Alpine White BMW after my '08 M3 & '07 335xi were both Alpine White. However I don't mind my choice, especially at night...can't beat it.

M5 was in my thought last year but the lease deals were garbage around late summer. I had 0 intention of going for an M5 and already optioned out my M4 but then I found out they were blowing out the M5s again. I drive ALOT (2k+ monthly) so the comfort and weight of the M5 is really nice on these highway trips. I find myself feeling less fatigued after doing the same trip in my e92 m3 and from what I hear the upcoming M3/4 isn't any more comfortable.

The first 100 miles or so I really missed my M3 but now 500 miles in I have definitely adapted. The way you can push this M5 is incredible...I'm following break in procedure but I honestly find myself cornering just as hard as I could in the M3. Amazing.

Can't wait for these 1000 miles to be up and then DP + ECU

Anyways I'll stop rambling on. Where about do you live? I live in Somerset a County but usually am driving up and down 287 or 78.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
Your car is much better equipped than mine. Here is my build and deal:

Monte Carlo Blue/SilverstoneII
MSRP of $103825 (exec, lights, 20")
$13259 out of pocket including NJ tax, bank fee, Motor Vehicle, all other nonsense fees, and 7 multiple security deposits totaling $7700. So actual out of pocket is $5559 and includes first payment; there is $0 cap cost reduction in the OOP figure. 36 months, 12K miles per year @ $1056.00 per month.

The incentives are pretty flat right now, but I get to see what March looks like this week, and then maybe even April. Might be a few more bucks for loyalty or something. Who knows.

Congrats and keep an eye out for a bright blue beast when you are on the road!!

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #14
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Wow, such great deal. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #15
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
MCB

I had my mind set on the MCB one at JMK but I really wanted the B&O system. I swore to myself I wouldn't have another Alpine White BMW after my '08 M3 & '07 335xi were both Alpine White. However I don't mind my choice, especially at night...can't beat it.

M5 was in my thought last year but the lease deals were garbage around late summer. I had 0 intention of going for an M5 and already optioned out my M4 but then I found out they were blowing out the M5s again. I drive ALOT (2k+ monthly) so the comfort and weight of the M5 is really nice on these highway trips. I find myself feeling less fatigued after doing the same trip in my e92 m3 and from what I hear the upcoming M3/4 isn't any more comfortable.

The first 100 miles or so I really missed my M3 but now 500 miles in I have definitely adapted. The way you can push this M5 is incredible...I'm following break in procedure but I honestly find myself cornering just as hard as I could in the M3. Amazing.

Can't wait for these 1000 miles to be up and then DP + ECU

Anyways I'll stop rambling on. Where about do you live? I live in Somerset a County but usually am driving up and down 287 or 78.
I am on the Hudson River in Weehawken. Close!

Funny thing about the Alpine white... I would have done the exact color combo you have, but my current 550 is White and just couldn't do it again. Would be way too similar obviously. I have never had a blue car so I figured why not now? Ultimately I wanted the Orange interior, but that was not going to work on blue unless I became captain America first. HAHA PS. I love the sliverstone interior but I know I will regret it. I have been down the white interior road before. Looks great, but it will require CONSTANT upkeep.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #16
NikB316
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I am on the Hudson River in Weehawken. Close!

Funny thing about the Alpine white... I would have done the exact color combo you have, but my current 550 is White and just couldn't do it again. Would be way too similar obviously. I have never had a blue car so I figured why not now? Ultimately I wanted the Orange interior, but that was not going to work on blue unless I became captain America first. HAHA PS. I love the sliverstone interior but I know I will regret it. I have been down the white interior road before. Looks great, but it will require CONSTANT upkeep.

I have never had blue either...I think you made a smart choice! Are you getting rid of the 550 or adding on? Night and day difference between the two cars. I've had modded 335 & 550 buddies say how close their cars are to Ms with sport packages, etc...then they drive one

Congrats on getting that March residual! 58% was honestly quite strong, 60%+ on an M5 is just insane. Not even like BMW is doing this on 2013s they are dumping or because of a new model release. I have followed BMW leases since 2006 for various models (even when not looking to lease lol) and this is the best M5 deal, period. Actually the best M deal I've seen.

Hopefully I'll see ya around. I used to live in Hoboken and should be moving back out there end of the year.

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #17
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
I have never had blue either...I think you made a smart choice! Are you getting rid of the 550 or adding on? Night and day difference between the two cars. I've had modded 335 & 550 buddies say how close their cars are to Ms with sport packages, etc...then they drive one

Congrats on getting that March residual! 58% was honestly quite strong, 60%+ on an M5 is just insane. Not even like BMW is doing this on 2013s they are dumping or because of a new model release. I have followed BMW leases since 2006 for various models (even when not looking to lease lol) and this is the best M5 deal, period. Actually the best M deal I've seen.

Hopefully I'll see ya around. I used to live in Hoboken and should be moving back out there end of the year.
550 is maturing, giving it back. Taking advantage of 3 month pull ahead program on 2011 5 series. Welcome back to Hudson County!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #18
mitch65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsAllTheWay View Post
These leases have very high cap cost built into them thats why they look attractive.
Huh ?? Higher cap cost would increase Lease Payments
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
I am in hoboken and have one in order as well. Alpine white/sakhir orange, pretty much full. Maybe we should all meet up.

I dont know how the dealer gave you 3.7k under invoice though even with the cash incentives it doesnt add up unless they are losing money or marked up in money factor or fees.
Weehawken here! Let's def get all these Mcars together. We can meet up down on the river somewhere and drink beer; oh wait, we can do that after we go put the cars away.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #20
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
I meant high cap cost reduction. Read their fine print. They want $5,000 down. That's like $140/month.

Definitely, my car will go into production in a few weeks, but I'd be more than happy to meet earlier and see check your car out!
Mine is at the port in Bimmerhaven and they are telling me it is on the boat that leaves March 10th, for arrival in NY (Bayonne) around the 22nd (12 day voyage). But I am away on business that week on the left coast so I am guessing late 1st week of April delivery. Good timing for Spring I hope.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
NikB316
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Weehawken here! Let's def get all these Mcars together. We can meet up down on the river somewhere and drink beer; oh wait, we can do that after we go put the cars away.

MCarsAllTheWay,
Dealers are legit selling these cars under invoice and taking a small hit. The bigger dealers are able to while the others are closer to invoice, few bucks more. No hidden fees.

With March rates go talk to Lucas about a well loaded M5. They have a couple like mine minus the B&O system. The lease deal is going to be ridiculous on those. On $112k sticker car you are going to be looking at around $1170 + taxes with EVERYTHING rolled into the lease. Literally first months payment and you are out. At 3% why bother putting down anything? Roll taxes in and $1250/month. If you want to use MSDs knock it down to $1150.

On a $110k+ car? No brainer.

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #22
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
MCarsAllTheWay,
Dealers are legit selling these cars under invoice and taking a small hit. The bigger dealers are able to while the others are closer to invoice, few bucks more. No hidden fees.

With March rates go talk to Lucas about a well loaded M5. They have a couple like mine minus the B&O system. The lease deal is going to be ridiculous on those. On $112k sticker car you are going to be looking at around $1170 + taxes with EVERYTHING rolled into the lease. Literally first months payment and you are out. At 3% why bother putting down anything? Roll taxes in and $1250/month. If you want to use MSDs knock it down to $1150.

On a $110k+ car? No brainer.
Yo! Where are the pics of that beast??
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread