M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

09-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #1
w5pwr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Innotech Exhaust fitted to F10 M5

For some reason I love to tinker with the Exhaust system on my cars and most cars I have owned, apart from the Maserati GT S and family cars, I have changed the system at least once...

I originally replaced the OEM exhaust with a full Eisenmann Race system, but after about six months although I loved the sound I found the volume at cold start and the drone around 1500-1900 rpm not liveable with for a daily drive and had the system removed.

I played around with the OEM system but in the end thought I would try another system. So after some research came across the IPE system which seemed to fit my requirements as it offered three levels of sound; valves closed (Similar to OEM), Open (Similar to Eisenmann Race) and Auto (where you can set the RPM's the valve's open). The final tick in the box for the IPE system was when someone on another forum had a similar system fitted to his R8 and he was very positive about the build quality and sound. Also thanks to member M-bitious for his input.

So I ordered a system which took about 3 weeks to arrive and have had it fitted this week. I was very impressed by the build quality of the system, certainly better than the OEM and I think the Eisenmann system. IPE claim 15-20 BHP improvement, which given the power the F10 has is not significant but similar increase to what the CP option delivers. I took a small clip which does not do the system real justice but gives an idea, I will take some more when I get the chance....

Last edited by w5pwr; 09-27-2014 at 06:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Is that with the valve open or closed? One more thing did you get downpipes with that as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Ha great, I love that system. Glad I could help.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Pretty cool dude!

Appreciate 0