Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-03-2021, 05:43 PM   #1
lox
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Pre-LCI Adaptive Xenon to LCI Adaptive LED - Conversion/Retrofit

Hi all,

I've recently come to purchase a butchered pre-LCI F10 that's had its stock adaptive xenon headlights swapped out for the LCI style adaptive LED headlights.

All seems to be working fine with the units as well as all of the adaptive goodies (DRL, dipped beam, high beam, indicators, cornering lights, high-beam assistant, and all the other automatic/adaptive features). However, whenever you use the indicators you get a front left/right (respectively) turn signal malfunction come up on the dash.

I've checked on E-Sys and all warm/cold checks for the FRA_VL and FRA_VR (turn signal front and left) are not active. What am I missing here?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Additional information: The original vehicle shipped with options 0522 (xenon lights), 0524 (adaptive headlights), and 05AC (high-beam assistant). It is an early 2013 M5 from Europe. It looks as if the people who fit them have run 2 additional wires from the footwell to the front of the car, I haven't traced these out yet to see where they go to/from, or checked any of the wiring to the FRM and headlights themselves to see if I can see what changes have been made.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 10:34 PM   #2
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Hi Lox!

My last M5 was a German pre-LCI 2013 M5 with these exact features, I was debating the conversion to full adaptive LED headlights at one point and then got a great offer, selling the car!
After adding this additional info, I remembered a thread about a DIY guide to retrofit full adaptive LED headlights:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=23128888

Kudos to this person, he did a miracle job!
And he's explaining how and why wires need to be run from the trunk to the front.
Maybe it makes sense to contact him, he has a huge knowledge about this conversion and might be able to point you in the right direction.
Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
lox
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCD-1983 View Post
Hi Lox!

My last M5 was a German pre-LCI 2013 M5 with these exact features, I was debating the conversion to full adaptive LED headlights at one point and then got a great offer, selling the car!
After adding this additional info, I remembered a thread about a DIY guide to retrofit full adaptive LED headlights:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=23128888

Kudos to this person, he did a miracle job!
And he's explaining how and why wires need to be run from the trunk to the front.
Maybe it makes sense to contact him, he has a huge knowledge about this conversion and might be able to point you in the right direction.
Hope this helps
Thank you very much sir! Appreciate the reply - I'll have a read and maybe drop the guy a message for some more info

I wish someone would take mine off my hands as easily as they did yours
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #4
Rcasd77
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Hi

Did you get it done in the end as I’m wanting to update my pre-LCI 2013 M5
Appreciate 0