M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

07-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #23
Retina
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
I am very appreciative that M allocations were made available to the ED department. For many many (>30) years that wasn't the case. Considering BMW sells M cars cheaper to the USA than anywhere else in the world I for one am grateful.
You are grateful to give BMW 100k? LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retina View Post
I am surprised there isn't more outrage on this forum regarding this topic. This is exactly the evil corporate behavior which makes me so angry. What does this mean for the rest of us who were planning on an ED in future?
I wouldn't be so quick to blame BMW. As I said in a previous post, a few dealers who were "abusing" the ED privilege probably ruined it for future prospective buyers. They were out there offering cars at an attractive price to draw volume for a program that was meant for dealers to offer their local clientele. BMW had to stop the abuse, and the only way was to shut down the ED pool and force dealers to work out of their allocations. I would expect them to hold this policy until M5 demand normalizes to a regular supply/demand balance.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retina View Post
You are grateful to give BMW 100k? LOL
Whatever. Without speaking for him/her, what I believe ucla95 meant was he/she was happy to have the opportunity to do ED on an M car because it had not been offered when the M division first started producing cars. The ED program is a unique opportunity to enjoy your new BMW in a whole new environment than your local area. Also, I think you'll find that most ED customers were able to get their car for well below 100k. I know mine, with EP, 20" wheels and B&O, was just over 90k.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #26
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
As I said in a previous post, a few dealers who were "abusing" the ED privilege probably ruined it for future prospective buyers. They were out there offering cars at an attractive price to draw volume for a program that was meant for dealers to offer their local clientele. BMW had to stop the abuse
Abuse????? WHat are you talking about?!
Check the web or go to bimmerfest forum, ask people what is a fair price for ED, they will tell you invoice +$500-$1500. I have done 3 EDs so far, all 750li, I paid invoice plus $1000 for all three. If you like to pay MSRP or even MSRP plus for your ED, that's fine, but don't call it abuse when a few good dealers offer a good/ fair ED price When most greedy dealers can't.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #27
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
Check the web or go to bimmerfest forum, ask people what is a fair price for ED, they will tell you invoice +$500-$1500. I have done 3 EDs so far, all 750li, I paid invoice plus $1000 for all three. If you like to pay MSRP or even MSRP plus for your ED, that's fine, but don't call it abuse when a few good dealers offer a good/ fair ED price When most greedy dealers can't.
      07-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #28
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

I just don't understand why I can do an ED and get ED invoice + $500-$1000 for most BMWs and all the sudden you can't on the M5. I hope BMW is just trying to Keep the initial batch "exclusive" and in the next 6-12 months they resume standard ED policy and do not take the M5s out of dealer allocations.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #29
Retina
Private
Rep

The sudden reversal of policy has really soured my opinion of BMW. Regardless of our "abusing" the "privilege" of an ED, BMW should honor their commitments to their loyal base. We are exactly the owners that BMW needs, repeat clients with expensive taste. I realize BMW has the right to refuse but I thought we would be treated better than this. Maybe 8-10 grand doesn't mean a lot to some people on this forum but it sure does to me. The mass confusion surrounding this launch is surprising. I doubt most sales guys at the dealerships across the nation have any clue on what to tell their clients, especially discerning ones that frequent this forum. I'll have to wait until BMW decides that we have served our punishment for "abusing" them. Or I guess I can just drop a 100k elsewhere...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #30
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
ED invoice + $500-$1000 for most BMWs
An M5, or any M car isn't most BMW's.

I've done 10 ED's (with #11 scheduled) including 4 M cars, none of which were on the std ED program; i.e., they all came out of the dealer's allocation. it was only since the economy tanked that BMW included M cars on ED program, and they obviously underestimated the demand for the F10 M5 at a reduced ED price.
BMWNA wants to protect it's dealers, and will have no problem selling every single M5 on the US Delivery pricing. When the dealer's cry foul, BMWNA listens. If 10 large prevents you from buying an M5, so be it: they won't be hanging around the dealer's lots very long. If you are even a partially skilled negotiator you should still get a great deal from many dealers.
      07-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #31
AGS
Major
Rep

My comment about abuse was not referring to the price. I fully agree that a certin profit over dealer cost is reasonable. In fact I got my ED order at a small profit over invoice from my local dealer. I also agree that there are greedy dealers (those that charge MSRP + a premium for hot sellers) who sour the perception of those good dealers that seek to do right by their customers.

My comment was referring to the practice of offering ED orders to anyone who called. According to the sales manager at my dealer, the ED program was intended to be a delivery option for dealers to offer their local clients. The intent was not to have dealers out there selling at a thin margin over invoice to all takers across the country. That's why ED orders must be delivered to the selling dealer or the PDC. You cannot do a courtesy deliver to another dealer like you can with a regular US order. I understand it was this practice that caused BMW to revert to past practice of having ED M5 orders come out of dealer allocations.

Last edited by AGS; 07-08-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #32
sali
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 911, 16 Range Rover

Quote:
My comment about abuse was not referring to the price. I fully agree that a certin profit over dealer cost is reasonable. In fact I got my ED order at a small profit over invoice from my local dealer. I also agree that there are greedy dealers (those that charge MSRP + a premium for hot sellers) who sour the perception of those good dealers that seek to do right by their customers.

My comment was referring to the practice of offering ED orders to anyone who called. According to the sales manager at my dealer, the ED program was intended to be a delivery option for dealers to offer their local clients. The intent was not to have dealers out there selling at a thin margin over invoice to all takers across the country. That's why ED orders must be delivered to the selling dealer or the PDC. You cannot do a courtesy deliver to another dealer like you can with a regular US order. I understand it was this practice that caused BMW to revert to past practice of having ED M5 orders come out of dealer allocations.
I don't think you can do courtesy deliver easily (without prior approval and paying to a local dealer).
Also, do you work for a dealer or something?
I was thinking of doing ED for M5 next year but not sure I would do that after this. In the past, I dealt with my local dealers for M3 quotes and they were a joke (the BMW NA official showroom at Wall Street was quoting me the US Port of Entry Price as ED price even though I asked him to confirm). Another clown dealer in CT made a wonderful offer of splitting 50/50 ED delivery discount.
At least when you walk in to MB NYC flagship showroom (MB USA spent $220 million on this showroom), they offer you 7% right away for ED without any haggling (for CLS).
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sali View Post
I don't think you can do courtesy deliver easily (without prior approval and paying to a local dealer).
Also, do you work for a dealer or something?
I was thinking of doing ED for M5 next year but not sure I would do that after this. In the past, I dealt with my local dealers for M3 quotes and they were a joke (the BMW NA official showroom at Wall Street was quoting me the US Port of Entry Price as ED price even though I asked him to confirm). Another clown dealer in CT made a wonderful offer of splitting 50/50 ED delivery discount.
At least when you walk in to MB NYC flagship showroom (MB USA spent $220 million on this showroom), they offer you 7% right away for ED without any haggling (for CLS).
No, I don't work for a dealer. I just talk to my CA and sales manager alot (at least weekly) to get information.

The courtesy delivery option is not too painful. I met with my CA last Thursday to sign some paperwork, and coincidentally he told me one of their 2 US delivery M5 allocations is being courtesy delivered to Colorado. The customer had his M5 deposit down for a while, but recently relocated. With the courtesy delivery option, the car will go directly to the local dealer in Colorado (skipping a trip to the selling dealer in NJ). There's a $500 fee that gets paid the the receiving dealer in Colorado to cover their cost to prep and delivery the car to the customer.

Sounds like you've had unfortunate luck with some of the local dealers. It's too bad that these greedy dealers spoil the public's perception of car dealers in general. I can say that I have been very pleased with the service I've received. When I decided to do ED for my M5, I called my dealer and the sales manager and I agreed on a specific dollar mark-up for them to earn over cost. So they worked up the order at ED invoice for the base car, plus invoice on all the options, then added their pre-agreed mark-up. It was a simple and painless process.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #34
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
No, I don't work for a dealer. I just talk to my CA and sales manager alot (at least weekly) to get information.

The courtesy delivery option is not too painful. I met with my CA last Thursday to sign some paperwork, and coincidentally he told me one of their 2 US delivery M5 allocations is being courtesy delivered to Colorado. The customer had his M5 deposit down for a while, but recently relocated. With the courtesy delivery option, the car will go directly to the local dealer in Colorado (skipping a trip to the selling dealer in NJ). There's a $500 fee that gets paid the the receiving dealer in Colorado to cover their cost to prep and delivery the car to the customer.

Sounds like you've had unfortunate luck with some of the local dealers. It's too bad that these greedy dealers spoil the public's perception of car dealers in general. I can say that I have been very pleased with the service I've received. When I decided to do ED for my M5, I called my dealer and the sales manager and I agreed on a specific dollar mark-up for them to earn over cost. So they worked up the order at ED invoice for the base car, plus invoice on all the options, then added their pre-agreed mark-up. It was a simple and painless process.
Glad to see that I am not the only one that talks to my dealer a lot
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #35
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:

My comment was referring to the practice of offering ED orders to anyone who called. According to the sales manager at my dealer, the ED program was intended to be a delivery option for dealers to offer their local clients. The intent was not to have dealers out there selling at a thin margin over invoice to all takers across the country.
Why should I give a damn about BMWNA or dealer's intention? They only have one intention: to maximize their profit ! As a consumer, I only care about product quality and price. Those greedy dealers tried every possible way to take advantage of us, then why we can't fight back, and find a good dealer offers us a good price? Does BMW ED guideline specify dealer can only offer ED orders to their local clients only??? No, I don't think so. So, don't compliant or call it abuse when some the dealers offered a better price to everyone. There is no doubt those greedy dealer willing to sell their ED orders at MSRP to anyone/anywhere in this country if you are willing to pay their asking price. In that case, would you still call it "abuse"?

We - the consumer, the good dealers, the greedy dealers all play the same game under the same rules. Those dealers lost business because they are too greedy, not because a few good dealers "abused" ED program.

If you work for a dealer, then I understand why you call it "abuse". But if you are not, then I don't see why you called it abuse.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #36
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Why should I give a damn about BMWNA or dealer's intention? They only have one intention: to maximize their profit ! As a consumer, I only care about product quality and price. Those greedy dealers tried every possible way to take advantage of us, then why we can't fight back, and find a good dealer offers us a good price? Does BMW ED guideline specify dealer can only offer ED orders to their local clients only??? No, I don't think so. So, don't compliant or call it abuse when some the dealers offered a better price to everyone. There is no doubt those greedy dealer willing to sell their ED orders at MSRP to anyone/anywhere in this country if you are willing to pay their asking price. In that case, would you still call it "abuse"?

We - the consumer, the good dealers, the greedy dealers all play the same game under the same rules. Those dealers lost business because they are too greedy, not because a few good dealers "abused" ED program.

If you work for a dealer, then I understand why you call it "abuse". But if you are not, then I don't see why you called it abuse.
dingding – this topic seems to be near-and-dear to you as your replies to my posts seem to be quite impassioned (although it is hard to tell for sure with typed text). My guess is that you have crossed paths with some of the less-than-desirable dealers out there and had some fairly negative experiences. As a side note, I was surprised to see you are from Texas and not California where there seems to be a higher proportion of “stealers”!

I obviously have not been able to articulate my point in a clear way with short replies, so I’ll try a different angle. First, let me state that I agree completely with your statement that I highlighted in red above. I walked from my long-time dealer with my 2013 M5 order because of corporate greed. They replaced the management that I dealt with for my last 2 M5 orders, who I knew well and who took care of me, with new “corporate management” (they have a corporate parent company that owns at least 2 other BMW dealers that I know of). When I asked for something off of MSRP to recognize my long-term relationship with the dealership (4 5-series leases back-to-back over the last 12 years) the response was “we can get MSRP from the market, so we’re going to charge MSRP.” They would not even give a token $500 off. I thought this was very telling on how the new management would handle my relationship going forward, so I told them that was unacceptable and I walked. I have started a new relationship with another dealer who has, so far, treated me very well. We negotiated a fair profit over cost for my 2013 M5 Euro Delivery.

Second, I think part of the communication problem is a misunderstanding about the perspective from which I made my comments. They are from the perspective of a loyal, long-time M owner who prefers to work with a local dealer. I have been very fortunate to have the option to work with reputable local dealers, a luxury that is not uniform across all markets. My last three leases (9 years) have been driving various M5s, and I’ve met many owners who feel the same way as I do. They like to buy locally (to keep money and jobs in their community) and enjoy a personal, reciprocal relationship with their CA/sales manager (meaning they don’t hammer them for the absolute lowest purchase price, and in exchange their CA takes care of them with the little stuff that pops up from time to time). As an example of the strong relationship I used to have with dealer #1, the old sales manager (who was replaced as part of the corporate management overhaul) waived $600 of replacement tires when I turned in my 2006 M5 lease and picked up my 2009 M5.

Third, I will concede that this is not a clear case of abuse. As I sat writing this reply, I thought more about it and this situation falls into a grey area between abuse of the ED program and BMWs intent for the ED program. Since I do not work for a dealer, I have no idea what the ED guidelines actually specify. But it is my understanding that the intent was as an alternative delivery option for dealers to offer their “customers”. And this is where things get hazy, how do you define “customers”. When I made my original reply I was defining, and I believe BMW defines, customers as someone with whom the dealer has an existing relationship. Therefore, in my opinion, abuse of the program would be posting on a chat board the message: “Euro Delivery at ED invoice + $1,500, good while allocations last”.

So, finally, on to my attempt to better explain my original point (if you’re still reading that is!). A member of this board was frustrated with his dealer and their lack of knowledge about how the ED program worked. So he invested the time to call around to find a new dealer that better understood the program. He found 2 dealers that were willing to place ED offers at an attractive mark-up over invoice, so he placed his order with one of them. Then, he shared the 2 dealers' contact information with any board member who requested it. What followed was a flood of orders from these 2 dealers that either: (1) used up all of the build slots allocated to the ED program, and thus the only build slots left were those allocated to specific dealers; or (2) caught the attention of BMW, who viewed their practice as abuse of the program and changed the rules. I have no idea which of these outcomes occurred, but if it was the first then it is what is it is – the factory can only produce a finite number of cars, so until the next batch of M5s are allocated the ED pool is empty. If it was the second outcome, which seemed to be the theme of this thread, then the misuse of the ED program by the 2 dealers deprived M5 enthusiasts who have a long-standing relationship with their local dealer the opportunity to participate in the ED program (at least for now). This is what I was thinking about when I originally posted earlier in this thread. I fully understand and appreciate your point, that you as the customer who is spending your hard-earned money has the right to shop around for the best deal. It is these contradicting views that are the grey area in this debate - while the 2 dealers did not place the “Euro Delivery at ED invoice + $1,500, good while allocations last” advertisement, is taking an order from everyone who calls based on the deal they saw on M5Post.com tantamount to such? You already know which way I lean, and I’m reasonably sure you lean the other way.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but it was necessary to clarify my previous comments and hopefully prevent this discussion from devolving into a full-fledged, mud-flinging argument. You may not agree with some (or all) of my opinions, but that is what makes this board great – the ability to engage in dialogue with other M5 enthusiasts. Since we’re both doing ED on September 1st, I look forward to discussing further over a beer. Or we can forget this thread altogether and just enjoy a beer!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #37
sali
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 911, 16 Range Rover

Quote:
dingding – this topic seems to be near-and-dear to you as your replies to my posts seem to be quite impassioned (although it is hard to tell for sure with typed text). My guess is that you have crossed paths with some of the less-than-desirable dealers out there and had some fairly negative experiences. As a side note, I was surprised to see you are from Texas and not California where there seems to be a higher proportion of “stealers”!

I obviously have not been able to articulate my point in a clear way with short replies, so I’ll try a different angle. First, let me state that I agree completely with your statement that I highlighted in red above. I walked from my long-time dealer with my 2013 M5 order because of corporate greed. They replaced the management that I dealt with for my last 2 M5 orders, who I knew well and who took care of me, with new “corporate management” (they have a corporate parent company that owns at least 2 other BMW dealers that I know of). When I asked for something off of MSRP to recognize my long-term relationship with the dealership (4 5-series leases back-to-back over the last 12 years) the response was “we can get MSRP from the market, so we’re going to charge MSRP.” They would not even give a token $500 off. I thought this was very telling on how the new management would handle my relationship going forward, so I told them that was unacceptable and I walked. I have started a new relationship with another dealer who has, so far, treated me very well. We negotiated a fair profit over cost for my 2013 M5 Euro Delivery.

Second, I think part of the communication problem is a misunderstanding about the perspective from which I made my comments. They are from the perspective of a loyal, long-time M owner who prefers to work with a local dealer. I have been very fortunate to have the option to work with reputable local dealers, a luxury that is not uniform across all markets. My last three leases (9 years) have been driving various M5s, and I’ve met many owners who feel the same way as I do. They like to buy locally (to keep money and jobs in their community) and enjoy a personal, reciprocal relationship with their CA/sales manager (meaning they don’t hammer them for the absolute lowest purchase price, and in exchange their CA takes care of them with the little stuff that pops up from time to time). As an example of the strong relationship I used to have with dealer #1, the old sales manager (who was replaced as part of the corporate management overhaul) waived $600 of replacement tires when I turned in my 2006 M5 lease and picked up my 2009 M5.

Third, I will concede that this is not a clear case of abuse. As I sat writing this reply, I thought more about it and this situation falls into a grey area between abuse of the ED program and BMWs intent for the ED program. Since I do not work for a dealer, I have no idea what the ED guidelines actually specify. But it is my understanding that the intent was as an alternative delivery option for dealers to offer their “customers”. And this is where things get hazy, how do you define “customers”. When I made my original reply I was defining, and I believe BMW defines, customers as someone with whom the dealer has an existing relationship. Therefore, in my opinion, abuse of the program would be posting on a chat board the message: “Euro Delivery at ED invoice + $1,500, good while allocations last”.

So, finally, on to my attempt to better explain my original point (if you’re still reading that is!). A member of this board was frustrated with his dealer and their lack of knowledge about how the ED program worked. So he invested the time to call around to find a new dealer that better understood the program. He found 2 dealers that were willing to place ED offers at an attractive mark-up over invoice, so he placed his order with one of them. Then, he shared the 2 dealers' contact information with any board member who requested it. What followed was a flood of orders from these 2 dealers that either: (1) used up all of the build slots allocated to the ED program, and thus the only build slots left were those allocated to specific dealers; or (2) caught the attention of BMW, who viewed their practice as abuse of the program and changed the rules. I have no idea which of these outcomes occurred, but if it was the first then it is what is it is – the factory can only produce a finite number of cars, so until the next batch of M5s are allocated the ED pool is empty. If it was the second outcome, which seemed to be the theme of this thread, then the misuse of the ED program by the 2 dealers deprived M5 enthusiasts who have a long-standing relationship with their local dealer the opportunity to participate in the ED program (at least for now). This is what I was thinking about when I originally posted earlier in this thread. I fully understand and appreciate your point, that you as the customer who is spending your hard-earned money has the right to shop around for the best deal. It is these contradicting views that are the grey area in this debate - while the 2 dealers did not place the “Euro Delivery at ED invoice + $1,500, good while allocations last” advertisement, is taking an order from everyone who calls based on the deal they saw on M5Post.com tantamount to such? You already know which way I lean, and I’m reasonably sure you lean the other way.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but it was necessary to clarify my previous comments and hopefully prevent this discussion from devolving into a full-fledged, mud-flinging argument. You may not agree with some (or all) of my opinions, but that is what makes this board great – the ability to engage in dialogue with other M5 enthusiasts. Since we’re both doing ED on September 1st, I look forward to discussing further over a beer. Or we can forget this thread altogether and just enjoy a beer!
I really doubt that thousands of people would be doing ED (too much time and effort) that the whole M5 line would be hogged by 2 dealer's ED orders. If you like to pay 5k or 10k over ED invoice due to your 20-30 year relationship with the local dealer, please go ahead but don't force on others.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #38
Retina
Private
Rep

The most recent poll shows 24 EDs on 9/1 or 9/3....not exactly flooding the market. I would assume if one is a rabid M fanatic willing to fly to Munich on the first available day for the US market then one would be trolling this forum. Can't imagine BMW needs to change policy over this insignificant number, no matter how "special" M cars are.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #39
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sali View Post
I really doubt that thousands of people would be doing ED (too much time and effort) that the whole M5 line would be hogged by 2 dealer's ED orders. If you like to pay 5k or 10k over ED invoice due to your 20-30 year relationship with the local dealer, please go ahead but don't force on others.
Where to begin. First, your numbers are way off. There are not "thousands" of M5s allocated to ED. Average monthly production of the E60 M5 from late 2005 through the end of 2009 was about 180 cars for all of North America. If the US is 90% of that number that's 160 cars a month across something like 350 US dealers. If on average each dealer got 2 allocations in the first batch, that's 700 cars or almost 4x the average monthly E60 production. It is entirely plausible that the 42 members of this board who have confirmed ED orders for September, plus anyone else in the US who placed a September ED order, have taken all of the build slots allocated to ED for the first production batch.

Second, if you read my post carefully, you would have seen that my gripe is not with the ED program. It was with what I believe is the unfair usage of the ED pool by a small number of dealers. The purpose of the ED pool was not to create a race to see which dealer can sell out the slots fastest. It's to provide a unique delivery experience and enhance the BMW brand. In my opinion, every BMW customer should have the right to enjoy the ED experience by working with their local dealer if they so choose. Nowhere did I insinuate that meant paying more for that privilege. In fact your assumption that I would pay "5k to 10k over ED invoice" is way off - the price I negotiated is substantially below $5,000 over invoice. Did I pay a little more than the $1,500 over invoice the dealer in Atlanta was offering - yes, but only what I thought was reasonable to avoid having to fly to Atlanta to pick up the car and drive it back to NJ.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #40
wmo168
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need one!

Quote:
Check the web, ask people what is a fair price for ED, they will tell you invoice +$500-$1500. I have done 3 EDs so far, all 750li, I paid invoice plus $1000 for all three. If you like to pay MSRP or even MSRP plus for your ED, that's fine, but don't call it abuse when a few good dealers offer a good/ fair ED price When most greedy dealers can't.
+2 Agree to the bone

[ED Photo 12'] [ED Photo 11'] [ED Photo 09'] [PCD Photo 09']
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #41
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Well this sucks, I was off the boards for a month or so and come back and read this.

So other than not being able to buy the M5 at ED Invoice+ what are other effects? I'm assuming ED MSRP isn't a problem.

Realistically, if I'm looking for a later (Spring 2013) delivery on ED, could I expect to pay ED Invoice plus $4-5k? Something like $2-3k off ED Msrp? Or would you expect full msrp still? I was never expecting to get ED Invoice plus $1k anyhow.
      07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #42
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Well this sucks, I was off the boards for a month or so and come back and read this.

So other than not being able to buy the M5 at ED Invoice+ what are other effects? I'm assuming ED MSRP isn't a problem.

Realistically, if I'm looking for a later (Spring 2013) delivery on ED, could I expect to pay ED Invoice plus $4-5k? Something like $2-3k off ED Msrp? Or would you expect full msrp still? I was never expecting to get ED Invoice plus $1k anyhow.
In addition you will have to wait for allocation....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #43
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post

I wouldn't worry. By Spring 2013 (assuming you're targeting an April delivery, ordering in early February), I would expect the intial early-adoptor demand surge to have worked through the system. By then you should be in a more normal supply/demand balance. Assuming that's the case, I would assume you'll be able to negotiate an "invoice+' deal on either US or European delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #44
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I wouldn't worry. By Spring 2013 (assuming you're targeting an April delivery, ordering in early February), I would expect the intial early-adoptor demand surge to have worked through the system. By then you should be in a more normal supply/demand balance. Assuming that's the case, I would assume you'll be able to negotiate an "invoice+' deal on either US or European delivery.
Was actually targeting a May 2nd delivery - first day I qualify for BMWCCA rebate!