Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #45
ACE_M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
Thanks mate. I wish I had used Sytner... I use Elms. My guy told me there is no such software update and the service is fluids and filter. These are his comments...
"M5 running inspection £360 inc vat. Engine oil & filter and diff oil.
Oil used is Castrol slx fully synthetic 0/30
Car is on full power from factory & has Castrol slx in it from factory.
Disable break-in service alert
Extra power after 1200 is on m3, not M5."

Perhaps when they Disable break-in service alert, that is the trigger for unlocking launch control and 'full' power???

Did you notice a difference after your service?
I did notice a difference but since I was told to expect more power and I was revving to the red line with WOT more often after this service, who knows if my butt dyno is correct or not!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #46
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_M3 View Post
Maybe the "software update" is simply changing the data parameter "running-in service completed" from false to true. We know that at least that one parameter is updated during the running in service and that parameter may well be used by the ECU for other purposes, like limiting max power. I am SURE of what my BMW technician (and he is the most senior technician at this large dealership) told me about power being limited before the running in service. Why would he make up this story if it wasn't true?
My experience with BMW Tech's and their knowledge base has not been stellar. Is your tech an M specific tech? The amazing amount of misinformation that comes out of BMW service departments is, well, amazing!
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #47
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
Cheers all
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it! And keep us posted on your thoughts of the car

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #48
Stiggly
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 2014 LCI

Quote:
I notice my exhaust sticks out a good extra inch more when hot... but I cant put the cyba tips back any further as the inner exhaust tube narrows down too much thereafter. plus the silver screws and nut show too much, so may be taking the tips off soon... any suggestions, other than cutting the bolt ends off?
Hmmmm....thats disappointing - i am just about to buy some of these
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #49
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggly View Post
Hmmmm....thats disappointing - i am just about to buy some of these
fist pic is when they are hot. second when cooled. I wanted them to protrude about an inch, otherwise there's no point having them, as you won't see the carbon fibre. but I don't like it when they stick out +2inches. the 3 bolts are tightened on the last bit of the widest part of inner exhaust tube, if that makes sense. but you could go back a little further and the bolts would then screw in further. but then when the exhaust is cold, you wouldn't see the tops of the tips at all...

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #50
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

ok... so the run-in service was carried out today and i have to say, i can 100% feel a different throttle response, acceleration, and torque after 4000rpm... im sure this is not a placebo effect as im doing the same tests as before.. she defo feels quicker and im very happy!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #51
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

[QUOTE=M5essex;16005610]fist pic is when they are hot. second when cooled. I wanted them to protrude about an inch, otherwise there's no point having them, as you won't see the carbon fibre. but I don't like it when they stick out +2inches. the 3 bolts are tightened on the last bit of the widest part of inner exhaust tube, if that makes sense. but you could go back a little further and the bolts would then screw in further. but then when the exhaust is cold, you wouldn't see the tops of the tips at all...

It can be a PIA to get these on right. You have to use the narrower part onf the pipe, so you really have to bring the bolts all the way out and then advance the inner screw as much as you can. Here are some pics of mine:

Cold:

Name:  Cold 1r.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  535.0 KB
Name:  Cold 2r.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  583.7 KB

Warm:

Name:  warm 1r.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  483.9 KB
Name:  warm 2r.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  552.1 KB
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #52
mr_djurgarden
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 F90

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #53
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

[QUOTE=DrewM5;16030817]
Quote:
fist pic is when they are hot. second when cooled. I wanted them to protrude about an inch, otherwise there's no point having them, as you won't see the carbon fibre. but I don't like it when they stick out +2inches. the 3 bolts are tightened on the last bit of the widest part of inner exhaust tube, if that makes sense. but you could go back a little further and the bolts would then screw in further. but then when the exhaust is cold, you wouldn't see the tops of the tips at all...

It can be a PIA to get these on right. You have to use the narrower part onf the pipe, so you really have to bring the bolts all the way out and then advance the inner screw as much as you can. Here are some pics of mine:

Cold:

Attachment 1034640
Attachment 1034641

Warm:

Attachment 1034642
Attachment 1034643
Perfecto!! I will give it a go this weekend. Best of both worlds as the screw will be hidden more and the tip will be in an inch more... Thx
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #54
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

looks good!!!!
Appreciate 0