stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportDC
I front-parked totally relying on my PDC/camera thinking I was in the clear and scraped the whole underside of my front bumper really bad on the curb. So peeved at myself right now

Has anyone else done this? I'm so considering replacing the whole front bumper - the car was flawless before. sigh
In these situations I use the side view cameras where the yellow line tells me the front of the car. Keep the yellow line behind the curb of adjacent parking spaces.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #24
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
I ripped the crap out of the front of my new 535i on the third day I had it back in 2010. Pulled too far over a curb and it tore the bumper from the car when I backed out. I was quoted $1500 to fix it all. I said forget it and just super glued everything back in place. Still had the big rip on the bottom of the grill and it would stick and break the superglue from time to time. If I had it fixed, I probably would have done it again, that car was just too low. I have been more careful with this one but it's altogether too easy to get over those stops even with all the cameras involved.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #25
SF_E60
Negotiator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 (LCI), i3 BEV

Garage List
2015 BMW i3 BEV  [0.00]
2009 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I ripped the crap out of the front of my new 535i on the third day I had it back in 2010. Pulled too far over a curb and it tore the bumper from the car when I backed out. I was quoted $1500 to fix it all. I said forget it and just super glued everything back in place. Still had the big rip on the bottom of the grill and it would stick and break the superglue from time to time. If I had it fixed, I probably would have done it again, that car was just too low. I have been more careful with this one but it's altogether too easy to get over those stops even with all the cameras involved.
I would never had thought superglue would work that well
Appreciate 0