M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

10-04-2016, 11:58 PM   #23
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

If everyone thought like this, there would be no aftermarket lol.

It's true though....
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 12:18 AM   #24
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual View Post
My pump aka slow tune 23psi . Race gas with a flick of a button jumps 26psi Race Gas

Precision Tune M5 I have
Rob, that isn't pump gas only though, that is meth as well isn't it? Have any dynos of 93 only?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 12:19 AM   #25
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

lol

Last edited by NightM; 10-06-2016 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 03:10 AM   #26
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Sounds like snake oil and marketing fluff to me. Thanks for the info.
Not marketing fluff Mike. I'm running his tune and am glad I decided to do so. I'll never claim it's the best out there but will say I'm totally happy now. I was one of the first w BR tune. It clearly came with a price that clearly wasn't working and no customer service. I Never gave a bad review to the open forum and still won't even though at that time it would be justified. I then ran a "simple file" loaded from another company that had belonged to br that worked to get me over the hump. Jump forward to the present and I'm glad my wait is over for what I'm using now. With all the "tuners" and "buyers of files" out there I'm glad I have someone who I can call anytime for questions, tweet my file to what I want done on the fly and provide excellent customer service. Between all of the tuners there is competition so all of you guys have followers. I've never seen none of you guys expose your work on the forum. I won't rag on any of them even though I know things that a few did to people that was clearly wrong. If any of your clients are ever in the Houston area let me know and I'll be more than happy to give them a run in Mexico. For me its all fun as I'm not in competition w anyone win or lose its always respect to the other drivers. There is a tuner around the corner for everyone that will fit everyone's needs. Criteria is using a file that works the first time out. One that doesn't require resending it back because it causes you dtm, cel or out of pocket money. No headache from not answering phone or emails. Times have changed from when I first got my first tune to now. There is Zero comparison between what I had to what I have. So for me to switch change or whatever was a no brainer.

Best regards.

Last edited by boots; 10-05-2016 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 2
BPMSport3386.50
FSociety3811.50
      10-05-2016, 03:43 AM   #27
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
Quote:
Sounds like snake oil and marketing fluff to me. Thanks for the info.
Not marketing fluff Mike. I'm running his tune and am glad I decided to do so. I'll never claim it's the best out there but will say I'm totally happy now. I was one of the first w BR tune. It clearly came with a price that clearly wasn't working and no customer service. I Never gave a bad review to the open forum and still won't even though at that time it would be justified. I then ran a "simple file" loaded from another company that had belonged to br that worked to get me over the hump. Jump forward to the present and I'm glad my wait is over for what I'm using now. With all the "tuners" and "buyers of files" out there I'm glad I have someone who I can call anytime for questions, tweet my file to what I want done on the fly and provide excellent customer service. Between all of the tuners there is competition so all of you guys have followers. I've never seen none of you guys expose your work on the forum. I won't rag on any of them even though I know things that a few did to people that was clearly wrong. If any of your clients are ever in the Houston area let me know and I'll be more than happy to give them a run in Mexico. For me its all fun as I'm not in competition w anyone win or lose its always respect to the other drivers. There is a tuner around the corner for everyone that will fit everyone's needs. Criteria is using a file that works the first time out. One that doesn't require resending it back because it causes you dtm, cel or out of pocket money. No headache from not answering phone or emails. Times have changed from when I first got my first tune to now. There is Zero comparison between what I had to what I have. So for me to switch change or whatever was a no brainer.

Best regards.
I think we're referring to different things as marketing fluff.

I can appreciate your post, and there is a large difference from those that resell files and those that actually tune them. Not having any issues right off the bat is important - and also retaining full CEL functionality is also very important. I have seen many tunes that mask CEL functionality and it's surprising that some tuners think providing this kind of software to customers is ok.

Customer service is equally important as the product itself.

I'm glad you ended up with one you are happy with!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 03:46 AM   #28
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_F10M5 View Post
Marketing fluff is when none of us has tried his tune and he goes around saying his tune is the best. Just ask boots about it.
What are you saying?

There are lots of good tunes out there nowadays. Ive always posted my results on my car since Jan 2013. People have always called or sent pm from around the world to me to question my opinion and from there bought equipment that they are happy with. I don't mind being the test guinny pig on equipment because others are to scared to be the first to purchase. My car is no garage queen and is driven as intended. 84k miles in less than 4 years is the tattle tale. The hcp tune I'm running is the real deal and is badazz. . Those who would like a test drive with me are always welcome. Those who would like to run in Mexico to compare are welcome too as its always fun.if
If I misread my apologies Gary.

Last edited by boots; 10-05-2016 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-05-2016, 03:52 AM   #29
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
I think we're referring to different things as marketing fluff.

I can appreciate your post, and there is a large difference from those that resell files and those that actually tune them. Not having any issues right off the bat is important - and also retaining full CEL functionality is also very important. I have seen many tunes that mask CEL functionality and it's surprising that some tuners think providing this kind of software to customers is ok.

Customer service is equally important as the product itself.

I'm glad you ended up with one you are happy with!
Thank you mike. It took awhile to get what I wanted but my headache is gone. And believe me I had one. Like you I'd rather have my cel come in if a problem arrives. I don't want a bandaide because it's not the proper way to fix anything. If it's not right I don't want it. I'm glad these tunes have involved. Best wishes to you and your work. Looks like you have done well
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-05-2016, 05:06 AM   #30
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM5NYC View Post
The BEST Tune is Learning how to drive your car properly to its limit. Improve "The Man" before you improve the machine.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 07:16 AM   #31
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
Yes, safety in mind is a key priority for a long lasting fun car. As it was just posted above, disabling safety protocols is something no tuner should do to obtain power, and CEL functionality should Never be deleted on customers' cars. Maybe an acceptable practice for a test vehicle, but not for a customer vehicle.

For those who do not remember, we joined these boards abruptly and caused a bit of chaos/conflict with few old timer tuners. One of them being LfeLunden, a member that runs a file service company somewhere in Europe. After much of fighting, LfeLunden got banned from these boards, changed the name to lunden to join back in, and things went on well...well until now. Right now we are on our trip to Bahrain once again and ran a competition retuning session with Cazimi/lfelunden. At first the car car was re-tuned by that company to get respectful 725/760 wheel.

And then the same car was reflashed and tuned by us for a grand result of 767/787 wheel:

The vehicle is a monster now and all it needs is stage 2 turbos to go above 800mark.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2016, 07:33 AM   #32
gary_F10M5
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 LCI MCB M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
Quote:
Marketing fluff is when none of us has tried his tune and he goes around saying his tune is the best. Just ask boots about it.
What are you saying?

There are lots of good tunes out there nowadays. Ive always posted my results on my car since Jan 2013. People have always called or sent pm from around the world to me to question my opinion and from there bought equipment that they are happy with. I don't mind being the test guinny pig on equipment because others are to scared to be the first to purchase. My car is no garage queen and is driven as intended. 84k miles in less than 4 years is the tattle tale. The hcp tune I'm running is the real deal and is badazz. . Those who would like a test drive with me are always welcome. Those who would like to run in Mexico to compare are welcome too as its always fun.if
If I misread my apologies Gary.
Hey boots, you know, I'm just glad that a handful of us runs it now and more can agree on the capability of it. I had it since June, was impressed and ever since, waiting for more pple to be on the same bandwidth. It's all through personal experience and word of mouth til date and I reckon is the best form of advise for others. At the end of the day, lets just enjoy the things we are happy about! Cheers.
      10-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #33
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Nah, I'm not saying he is more capable or knows more than other tuners. Just felt that his tune runs really strong with the additional features he has incorporated in the tune. But I'm really sorry on my part that I can't reveal them(at least not from me). Then again, these 'features' might also exist in other tunes, just not that I know of.

All in all, I recommend him just for that one basis, cause I'm running it personally and I'm bloody impressed. End of story.
I totally agree with Gary😊
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #34
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Hey boots, you know, I'm just glad that a handful of us runs it now and more can agree on the capability of it. I had it since June, was impressed and ever since, waiting for more pple to be on the same bandwidth. It's all through personal experience and word of mouth til date and I reckon is the best form of advise for others. At the end of the day, lets just enjoy the things we are happy about! Cheers.
Yes sir. I agree. I hope I didn't come off an ass as that's not what I was trying to do. I guess I misread. You are right. From day one I was totally impressed w my first file from Halim. Now my 2nd file. Oh boy is all I can say. It has been word of mouth as we are the ones who are advertising this. Like you it was worth the wait and every penny. People quit asking me to see if Halim can provide discounts. Please ask him for pricing. You get what you pay for with him. We wanted to go fast and have a reliable tune and HC Performance did it for us
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #35
Lennon997
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

went with enzo tuning on LI, mostly because they're local to me and i like the man himself. I like to know the person tuning my car and even have his/her cell phone number. Had a good experience with softronic on my 911TTS and EPL with my 1k hp 996tt.

but thats just me.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      10-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #36
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #37
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunden View Post
Dude, cmon.. Fileservice ?

Yes I tuned the car that did 725, you needed 60 dynoruns to achieve 700 on that same car.

Then you get my file that runs 23.x psi and put in some more boost wow, much nice, cool business!
Dude, cmon don't you remember last time before you got banned, you kept promoting your file service website?

Yes I know you tuned the 725whp car. The car had an issue next day, and because CEL functionally was disabled COMPLETLY, the owner almost fried his DMEs once again. We flashed the car back to the proper flash with CEL intact AND retuned it to show the new number. We can hit up to 780whp on these cars, that's not an issue, but SAFE spot with stock turbos is 680 to 700 as we explained to the owner during last visit.

60runs for a base 700 tune? Really? Where do you get that info from? Maybe from the owner? Well what you dont know is that we work to surpass anyones expectations and developing something VERY VERY new that no other tuners has right now. Its one of those nice new bells and whistles we will be adding and soon will be posting it here. And dont worry, the customer that you read my file from didnt have the that option. They just had a base temporary file in since we knew he will be trying out your tune

Taking your file and making more power? Really? Then how come our CEL works, haves much smoother graph, and the car making much more power (got his car to 770/800 that night but lowered to the numbers posted above. Right before your edit, you just admitted to taking my file from the customer:

And also we dont see your cars putting down 720+whp with no meth, no intakes and only 91octane pump. If that was "your" file, then how come the car is holding torque to 6K instead of dropping it at 5k like the one WE did for this customer?
(This car was tuned for a local customer of ours that ended up switching from 3 different tunes, including piggy backs. The car was tested INDEPENDENTLY by EAS)

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 10-05-2016 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2016, 10:11 AM   #38
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunden View Post
Look, I'm no sponsor here AND I'm not promoting nothing lol.
And also, you talk about I remove CEL? Really, grow up man, that's just bullshit. CEL functionality totally disabled LOL
Man just go raise the knock maps and make more power, congrats.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's my file in that car How much did you pay to get it hahahaha.. I'm out of the discussions, I never start a discussion, only when someone thinks they know too much.

Yes took you 60 dynoruns to hit 70x, I will get that on tape and post it here so everyone can see how much BS is spread out through the forums.

I see Mike@BPM, he's not talking shit about nobody here, same story goes for other tuners/dealers. You have a personal hate, that's fine, but it's like a dick, keep it in your pants don't take it out LOL

BTW, the graph you show, compare to what I got in Bahrain. Power is dropping bad there - nice peak numbers though. You should go thank Bruno.

I'm out of this discussion, please don't talk BS when you have no clue in what you speak about.

Thanks, appreciated!
Actually look at your first response on this thread. Clear promotion of your business.

So you going to make a statement that the customer's car didnt show any faults using your flash and as soon as we put ours in, we got "charge temperature too high"? The customer pulled over with us in the car just to learn that your "flash installer" forgot to plug in the coolant lines to passenger side DME, causing overheating of inter-coolers and DME. Thanks god for meth, right? If that wasn't there, you would have blown that motor up. Dont worry, I fixed his mistakes for you Oh and by the way, that incident was on video and on a data log. In no way am I saying its your fault for forgetting to connect the lines, its all your installers fault thats for sure. But your customer never had a single CEL present even though intercooler had no fluid at all. And you know that would cause some serious issues, just ask F10M5manual. He had to go through similar issue before but at least his tuner kept the CEL functionality on.

Yes, the knock sensitivity was decreased slightly per CUSTOMERS request against our own advice. Just to play it safe, we dropped the timing down dramatically. We are not fans of running +8 degrees of timing over STOCK at rf180% while the car is running at ~210% with the new power. Now combine more timing, more boost and no intercoolers and you should be thanking god that customer had meth to save you from the issues you must know would have happened.

60 runs to make that power? Again really? Please do get me that video, I would love to see that. And over all we did about 25 or 30 runs, that is true. But that was not to make power, but to make something else work. That once again, will be posted once its finalized.

Yes, the graph was built for stock clutches and instead of going for higher torque numbers, customer wanted to keep the torque going for longer range.

Bruno? Yes I worked with Bruno in the past for regular base files. No secrete here, we PAY for file service for building grounds of a flash. Nothing wrong with that, just saves us many many hours. Then a real flash gets built and perfected. Just ask apexlocator or Bmw doubles.

And how come you only were able to tune the M4 to 658whp while our last visit we got 688whp?
And pure stage 1 M5 only got 680whp while we did 730whp on it. Let me see....you blamed turbo actuators

Oh and for those that wonder what we are working on, Ill just post it now. The feature is almost done and going through last phases of testing at this moment. It will be yet another option that we have made possible.
As most of you guys know, F10 M5 never had sport gauges available until late modes only. You can code them, but as many of you that did that, they just never worked. What we are doing, we are bringing that feature to those who would like it. It will work on ALL F10 M5s and the size of gauges will be scaled accordingly to the power package you choose up to 960nm and 960hp. Calibrating this and making it all work is what took 30+ runs on the dyno and MANY many tries on our person cars back in California. The issue that we are left with that will be solved is passing 690whp mark using this modification in the file....hence it took us 60+ runs to make this work.

So lunden, how come if we "steal" your files, we have been doing things like custom gauges and such for over a year now and there are not a single car running your flash with that option. Also, if we "steal" from you, then how come the M4 we tuned did 688 4 months ago while now the best you could do was 658. Check the graphs, yours was posted 4 months back and yours just done by your installer.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 10-05-2016 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #39
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Its sad to see lunden get banned once again but im sure he will be back and there will be yet another interesting discussion
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #40
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

I'd like to know how these post started off in a good way w no arguments and now this.
Appreciate 2
BPMSport3386.50
Lerxst M4142.00
      10-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #41
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
I'd like to know how these post started off in a good way w no arguments and now this.
Agreed.

It's also mind-boggling to me how there is so much argument about max power on a graph... It shouldn't even be a battle on a turbo car like this.. You can pretty much ALWAYS make more power - limited by fuel and the turbos. Not to mention, comparing dynos as a scientific measure is so futile given such a wide array of variables - from strap down tension, to adaptations.. I guess when you've dynoed hundreds of cars it all starts to make sense.

To me it's more important to build a flash that has stock like driving characteristics, more features, stock like reliability - one that doesn't push the envelope unless this is what the customer is looking for. Anyone that looks for maximum horsepower as a peak number, without looking at area under the curve, power delivery, and the other aspects of a proper flash, is focusing their efforts in the wrong area.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 2
      10-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #42
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Rob, thank you for your post above. I have gone through that post but I still don't think I've seen a dyno showing the power that can be made with Pure Stage 2 without a large amount of Ethanol and no meth at all, just 93 pump.

The closest is Pure's own M6 running 91 + E30 (around 94 octane) which makes 700whp, any comments from Mike Benvo or Mission Performance on what this combo will get with straight 93 pump?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #43
13M5F10
Hide! My wife's coming!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 | MSR Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_F10M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo
Quote:
I would say that that 'no brainer' tune would be HCP aka Halim's. His tune not only takes care of the usual tweaks, this guy has a lot more little tricks under his sleeve that is defo unheard of from other tunes. Not gonna reveal much, but defo no regrets getting his tune!
Would love to hear what he knows that we don't

If you're going to make a statement like this, you should back it up with data/facts.
Yes, but there's also a reason why that famous chef isn't telling you his recipe, and sometimes the food is so good that we only want to enjoy it, how he cooked it isn't that impt anymore. It's his secret anyway.
Gotta have more info to back that up and aside from boots I don't think anyone else has stepped forward other than boots with his tune. I don't doubt lfelunden knows what he is doing. I've been watching the group chat for almost a year so I've seen a lot testing being done by Halim.

Would be nice to see more users come forward with their experiences and data with Halims tune to share with the masses
*** SOLD *** 2013 BMW M5 | Space Grey | MSR Stage 3 Tune | Catless Downpipes | MSR Intake and Charge Pipes | MSR Exhaust (Prototype) | Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser | RW Carbon Front Lip | RW Carbon Trunk Spoiler| Vorsteiner VS-310 Forged Wheels | Escort 9500CI w/Laser Jammers
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #44
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

If I can make it down to Dallas at some point I can run my car w robs. . I not only have my pics but I video taped all my Dyno runs. I don't need and won't post that up because my words good enough w those on here that know me. Now we've come to the conclusion a need for the masses to come forward w their tune. That's not going to happen. I personally know of cats who have tunes who prefer not to participate in the forums just because of the childish cat fights. Guys go get your tune from who ever you want and enjoy it. If you feel the need to post up your findings then do so. But all this shit my d head is bigger than yours give me a break. We've got guys on here who make alot of money and some work hard just to finally afford a tune much less their car. i don't have time to prove shit to any stranger so you "tuners" out there enjoy what you are doing and stop arguing who has the bigger d head.

Last edited by boots; 10-05-2016 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 4