Drm5
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 sakhir orange

Why?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Why are all of us waiting for tuner to break the code...instead of having them spend more time on improving
Heat soak? Does anybody knows of improvement on oil cooler or intercooler... .
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Fast M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

I'd love to know the answer and agree with you that f10 m5s heat up real fast, as soon as it reaches 130 degrees or more the light comes on or the spot+ mode deactivates on its own. This is an issue since the car is bone stock and it takes about 10 mins to cool down each time after a few hot laps, what about a modified f10 m5?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
South Bay M5
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast M View Post
I'd love to know the answer and agree with you that f10 m5s heat up real fast, as soon as it reaches 130 degrees or more the light comes on or the spot+ mode deactivates on its own. This is an issue since the car is bone stock and it takes about 10 mins to cool down each time after a few hot laps, what about a modified f10 m5?
Newbie here, sorry if this is a lame question. Just wondering, why would the car deactivate sport+ mode? How would that benefit the car during hi temp? I thought that all that mode did was make the throttle respond quicker.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
Fast M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Hi, I am a newbie and I am no expert.

The car shuts down sport+ settings when the engine temperature is 130 degrees or more. I believe this is a safety programmed by BMW. I had the privilege to attend a full day m performance driving school on mission raceway and got to track some m5s, m3s and m6s. After a few hot laps in the m5 &m6s, the engine warning came on and shut down performance programs i.e. m1, m2.

Love these engines but with great power comes great temperature. Lol at the in this context.

Have a downpipes on its way and I wanted to second the concern for the temperature.
Appreciate 0