Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #23
SchillerM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 550i, '00 M5, '11 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by califlove View Post
just connected with Dinan. I did find out warranty xfers with new owner which is nice. Also found out ECU is Stage 1. With all that known, I'm thinking this car shouldn't go for more than $50k...we'll see how it goes.

Also found out the Agency intake is not CARB legal which means Smogging the car in '18 is going to be a bitch since I wouldn't have original - gotta take that into consideration as well...
I doubt most shops would care about that intake. Never had a problem with my Dinan intake on my E39 (I was in San Diego). Yes it is CARB approved, but I had no sticker saying that and the smog shop monkeys sure wouldn't have a clue.
Ask around, you can find a test only shop that is friendly. Hell you can find a shop that is dishonest and for ~$300 might just get you a passed smog cert in the system if needed . Not that I would know anything about anything like that...

FWIW, I am picking up a Dinan modded 550i (don't ban me please) on Sunday, ~$15k in mods is costing me $1-2k over others. Between the mods and color (Space Grey) I am good with that premium. My E39 M5 was modified when I got it 10 years ago, 177k on the clock now, needs a few things but never a major issue.. Its a game of chance stock or modded IMO.

Best of luck!
Wish I $could$ stay in the M5 family, maybe next time around..
Matt
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 05:07 AM   #24
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2K13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by califlove View Post
AW but warpped matte, Full Black Leather,B&O, Exec, Driver +, 20" Wheels, though it has aftermarket 21's, 51kish miles...your previous car? :-)
That's pretty much all the options u can get besides night vision & rear entertainment system. CCB weren't available until 2014 as they came with the CP. I'd say its a fair deal considering the amount of miles and the dealer is willing to swap to the OEM rims which I'd opt for. I agree with u on removing the wrap especially if it doesn't match all around and like u mentioned u can see the quality of the paint.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #25
califlove
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 Explorer Sport | F80 AW

Going to pass on that car - M6 owner decided he liked the stock wheels on that car better so they swapped them back and the 21's are on the 5...I don't want to deal with what I think is a bent rim. I gotta say though, I loved the Remus exhaust!
Appreciate 0