BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #23
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
I've been slaking on showing off the final finish of the wrap, but I'll give you guys a pretty big preview of what the car looked like from this past Saturday.

Took a Saturday to visit my friends at Automobilia for some detail & care on #illicitM5. Amazing shop and crew out in West Haven, Connecticut. They specialize in automotive detailing, using only the best products on the market. With years of experience, and huge expression of enthusiasms towards the automotive industry, I wouldn’t go to anyone else for my detailing necessities.

My main priority was to protect the freshly painted brakes with Ceramic Pro. I’ve seen the capabilities of Ceramic Pro’s products and I knew I had to have it if I’m going to be showcasing the car this season. They suggested CP 9H, an extra durable sealant. Once Ceramic Pro 9H is applied using a special time sensitive technique, and cures onto the surface, it prevents any elements such as dirt and dust from sticking to the treated surface. In the rain, the brakes will practically wash themselves as the water particles attempt to stick to the surface but end up repelling and taking all the dirt and dust along with it.

In between coats of CP 9H on the brake calipers, they decided to take care of my interior. After 26K miles on the road, this is the first time the interior received a much needed detail and bring the Silverstone II leather back to life. To finish it off, they treated the leather with Ceramic Pro’s leather sealant. As the rest of the CP products, it does the same job protecting the surface from future damage, in this case, my leather will stay protected from any staining or fading. Dope.

I'll be back for another appointment to coat the entire car in Ceramic Pro Light, and probably the inside of the wheel wells in Ceramic Pro 9H. Can't wait !
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #24
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I grabbed some shots on Sunday of the whole car in The Bushwick Collective area (NYC's Street Art district in Brooklyn). I'm still in the middle of processing them, but here's what also went down last night.

So a little bit of background on the headlight project. Ever since BMW dropped the LCI LED headlights for the F10's, I've been drooling all over them. Suddenly pre-lci F10's just looked out dated and dinosaurish. The design within the LCI headlights just looks badass on a whole other level, the beautiful details in the bezels, the wide DTM style rings, and of course the technology. I've been dreaming about doing a retrofit on my car, but the price tag is simply out of my reach at the moment ($4200+ in parts alone, plus labor to hardwire & code).

So the next big thing was to open them up and do the magic we do at ONEighty.

This build features very minor modifications due to the fact that these headlights are a pain in ass to work with. From the cheap and shitty bi-xenon projector, to the plastic bezels that aren't meant to be taken apart, and the horrible seal that is simply impossible to open without destroying the entire seal and possibly the lens.

I'm labeling this as a phase 1 of my headlight journey on this car.

Phase 1 (Completed):
  • Matte Black Housing
  • Matte Black Turn Signal Bezel
  • Gloss Black Projector & Cornering Shrouds
  • Gloss Black "Eye-Lid"
  • Porsche Gray/Black Turn Signal Bezel
  • Porsche Gray/Black Parking Light Bezel
  • Clear Projector Cornering Lens w/ Laser Etched "///M"
  • Dual Red Demon Eyes

Phase 2 (Pending) will consist of:
  • Dual Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit
  • LCI Style Square Rings
  • Carbon Fiber Accents
  • Rose Gold Accents
  • Misc Paint Work

Here are the pics before they were sealed and installed on the car.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #25
X5MC_LI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Igor, awesome so far man!
Did you do anything with the rear calipers? As far as covering them or changing them?
Curious to know as I'm sure the look of them bothers you as it does all of us....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #26
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_M5 View Post
Did you do anything with the rear calipers? As far as covering them or changing them?
Curious to know as I'm sure the look of them bothers you as it does all of us....
Thought about doing the caliper cover but not 100% set on it as of yet, we'll see.

Update with some photos

Took a ride out to the Bushwick Collective in Bushwick, Brooklyn last Sunday to check out some street art for inspiration. Came across a few pieces by one of my favorite, recently discovered street artists; Jerkface. I had the camera with me so I couldn’t resist snapping some photos of the car, which also happened to be the first ones I shot of the M5 since it was wrapped. I’ll let the rest of the photos do the talking.

If anyones interested in seeing more of Jerkface’s work, be sure to follow him on instagram @incarceratedjerkfaces

Appreciate 1
      04-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #27
Dumbo
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C, 19 720S, 19 Panigale

Fantastic looking F10! Well done
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #28
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_M5 View Post
Thought about doing the caliper cover but not 100% set on it as of yet, we'll see.

Update with some photos

Took a ride out to the Bushwick Collective in Bushwick, Brooklyn last Sunday to check out some street art for inspiration. Came across a few pieces by one of my favorite, recently discovered street artists; Jerkface. I had the camera with me so I couldnt resist snapping some photos of the car, which also happened to be the first ones I shot of the M5 since it was wrapped. Ill let the rest of the photos do the talking.

If anyones interested in seeing more of Jerkfaces work, be sure to follow him on instagram @incarceratedjerkfaces

The color is pretty sweet. Don't dig the black mirror or the black side vent. Have you thought of rose gold nickel matte for those? I think it would look pretty bad ass
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 11:55 PM   #29
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

I actually think the black mirrors and vent give it a nice contrast. You thought about doing door handles in black as well?
BTW Igor.....what kind of drop is that? Coils?
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 02:40 AM   #30
ssciencess
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 m3 .. 2015 m5

wow those headlights look something serious... loving the whole car and the choice of color. ya do amazing work at your shop cant wait to bring my m5 in two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #31
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
The color is pretty sweet. Don't dig the black mirror or the black side vent. Have you thought of rose gold nickel matte for those? I think it would look pretty bad ass
The mirror is actually color coded to the car, I hate black mirrors myself lol.

The fender vent is wrapped in gloss black, wanted to match the window trim and mirror bracket. Not sure if you looked over my blog (illicit.nyc), but Im actually doing Rose Gold wheels, as well as the door handle trim, and the emblems. I should have the handles and emblems back next week, but don't plan on putting them on until I get the wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdterror View Post
I actually think the black mirrors and vent give it a nice contrast. You thought about doing door handles in black as well?
BTW Igor.....what kind of drop is that? Coils?
H&R's, worst mod I've done on this car (favorite mod on all my previous cars lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssciencess View Post
wow those headlights look something serious... loving the whole car and the choice of color. ya do amazing work at your shop cant wait to bring my m5 in two weeks.
Thanks Danny, can't wait to see your M5
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #32
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
The mirror is actually color coded to the car, I hate black mirrors myself lol.

The fender vent is wrapped in gloss black, wanted to match the window trim and mirror bracket. Not sure if you looked over my blog (illicit.nyc), but Im actually doing Rose Gold wheels, as well as the door handle trim, and the emblems. I should have the handles and emblems back next week, but don't plan on putting them on until I get the wheels.

H&R's, worst mod I've done on this car (favorite mod on all my previous cars lol).

Thanks Danny, can't wait to see your M5
Got it. Rose gold door handles should look pretty nice on the color. Good luck. Will follow your progress.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #33
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Looks great but it is screaming for those wheels. Can't wait to see it with the wheels!
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 03:17 AM   #34
michael14789
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d Msport

Garage List
OMG, absolutely in love with your car

Where did you get the black housing and indicator cover for headlights from? That mod was in my mind since I have my f11 (and that is 2 years ) last headlight I took apart was e46 which I made all housing in carbon fibre but I'm not sure If my balls are big enough to take apart those headlights

Love what you did with wrap. I'm a wrapper myself and I really liked the black rose when it came out but had the same thoughts as you, it's just gonna be nice gloss. The satin laminate completely changed the appearance and I like it again
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #35
_Mbition
Private First Class
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Jesus Christ Igor.....
Oneighty has done it again. Youve flat out stolen my heart with this project.
I have my eyes on a pre-lci F10 M5 6MT myself that im hoping to jump on by the end of the year when it comes off lease.
You guys are my first stop of course.
I love what youve done so far... Since the G35 days man you're a visionary.
Subscribed.
      05-02-2015, 03:10 AM   #36
BavariaExclusive
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Spaceship

Sick!!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 01:25 AM   #37
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

marvelous color,
definitely very unique.. rustyyy brown!
      05-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #38
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Looking great! Looking forward to your wheels! Headlights look awesome too..!
      05-26-2015, 09:52 PM   #39
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
stunning!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #40
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Saw your build at bimmerfest..great wheels!