M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

07-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #1
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

How often do you change your oil?

I had a big argument with my SA before i left for eurotrip, who was trying to convince me that you don't need to change oil before car asks to...

I was changing oil every 5-8k miles on my m3, as i had no service pack and never took it to dealer, except for break-in.

i have an amazing guy in london, who worked for bmw service for over 10 years and has certificates from bmw on his wall in his garage. no issues with him whatsoever, original parts from bmw with good discount half price for his job and NO WAITING time for service.

I will be coming from eurotrip end next week and my car will have about 13k miles on clock, CBS will be showing that next oil change is in 2-3k miles, meaning no change for an oil for 14k since break-in.

shall i wait for bmw or just do it myself?

i have also just found in other thread that bmw is changing service gaps from 15k miles to 10k miles on same engines from JULY 2013 built, which is absolutely not fair.

sorry if it has been discussed million times. new here
Appreciate 0