M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
rocky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

M5 father/son stories - you'll love this !

Those of you who have sons, have you ever heard these comments from your son:

1) Whoa dad....nice ride, when did you get it....can i drive it ? I know how to drive it, trust me.

2) Hey dad...wad up with the new wheels?

3) Yo dad...nice buggy,,,,, can i please take it for a spin...wait here dad no reason for you to go along...ill bring it right back in two minutes... I Promise

4) Dad...where did you get the jack to buy that beast?

5) Daddy,,,i love you so much, your the best dad and so generous and loving.........can i drive it?

6) dad...i noticed a weird noise when you drove off.....maybe you should stand by the curb and listen to the M5 as I drive it by you...several times.

7) dad...billy that punk down the street called me a wussie as i drove my civic by his mustang....can i borrow the M5 and drive by billy's house and show him who da man is now !

8) dad....can i have the M5 to take cindy-lou to the beach? I promise i wont jump on it or show off in front of my buddies ....really dad ill be careful

9) dad....while you were taking a nap i had to borrow your M5 to go to the store to get you some beer....i thought you would appreciate it,

10) dad....while you were in the shower i saw some great online deals for after market mods...today was the last day to get the discount...so i saved you 30 percent.... i couldnt find my credit card so i didnt think you would mind if i used your master card....dont worry ill pay you back next week when i get paid. i promise.......oh yeah i almost forgot, the bill is only
$7,500....but remember i did save you 30 percent.

11) Hey dad... you wont believe what just happened to your M5..... !

12) dad.... i swear that scratch on the front bumper didnt happen while i was driving your car...... you better talk to mom !

13) dad... i really need to show you how to drive the M5 as it is very complicated and my friend Billy Joe told me he knows everything abt the M5 and he told me i should test drive it...billy should know as he learned everything abt cars from his uncle Queedo who is a taxi driver in NY city.

14) dad.... i didnt ask you for permission to drive your car as i thought i heard you say last week i could drive it

15) hey dad ,,,, can i have a separate set of keys for the M5 just in case you lose yours ?

16) Dad....dont look at me....i didnt spill that catsup on the seat....and that smell of McDonalds hamburgers in your car isnt from me either....but yes i do admit i did borrow your car last night while you were sleeping tp meet some of the fellas at the parking lot next to Macdonalds.

17) Dad....dont worry you just sit there on the couch and watch the game....ill take care of washing your car and fill it up for you.....where's your wallet so i can get your credit card.... ?

18) hey dad, i was wondering....ummm....ahh....do you think...ahh...errr...could i....mmmmm....take the M5 to the store.....just to go there and back.... i promise. !!! but ill text you if i decide to swing by Joey's house to study for our chemistry test...

Now here is my favorite all time "son" request.....

Hey Bub....I mean dad... give me da damn keys....Im takin the M for a spin, dont wait up !

How many of you M5 owners have come across these types of M5 requests or comments from our sons or daughters ?
or perhaps you can share some of your own..... gotta love the M5.

11)
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
Zahar
Moldova
Rep
Drives: M5 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
Those of you who have sons, have you ever heard these comments from your son:

1) Whoa dad....nice ride, when did you get it....can i drive it ? I know how to drive it, trust me.

2) Hey dad...wad up with the new wheels?

3) Yo dad...nice buggy,,,,, can i please take it for a spin...wait here dad no reason for you to go along...ill bring it right back in two minutes... I Promise

4) Dad...where did you get the jack to buy that beast?

5) Daddy,,,i love you so much, your the best dad and so generous and loving.........can i drive it?

6) dad...i noticed a weird noise when you drove off.....maybe you should stand by the curb and listen to the M5 as I drive it by you...several times.

7) dad...billy that punk down the street called me a wussie as i drove my civic by his mustang....can i borrow the M5 and drive by billy's house and show him who da man is now !

8) dad....can i have the M5 to take cindy-lou to the beach? I promise i wont jump on it or show off in front of my buddies ....really dad ill be careful

9) dad....while you were taking a nap i had to borrow your M5 to go to the store to get you some beer....i thought you would appreciate it,

10) dad....while you were in the shower i saw some great online deals for after market mods...today was the last day to get the discount...so i saved you 30 percent.... i couldnt find my credit card so i didnt think you would mind if i used your master card....dont worry ill pay you back next week when i get paid. i promise.......oh yeah i almost forgot, the bill is only
$7,500....but remember i did save you 30 percent.

11) Hey dad... you wont believe what just happened to your M5..... !

12) dad.... i swear that scratch on the front bumper didnt happen while i was driving your car...... you better talk to mom !

13) dad... i really need to show you how to drive the M5 as it is very complicated and my friend Billy Joe told me he knows everything abt the M5 and he told me i should test drive it...billy should know as he learned everything abt cars from his uncle Queedo who is a taxi driver in NY city.

14) dad.... i didnt ask you for permission to drive your car as i thought i heard you say last week i could drive it

15) hey dad ,,,, can i have a separate set of keys for the M5 just in case you lose yours ?

16) Dad....dont look at me....i didnt spill that catsup on the seat....and that smell of McDonalds hamburgers in your car isnt from me either....but yes i do admit i did borrow your car last night while you were sleeping tp meet some of the fellas at the parking lot next to Macdonalds.

17) Dad....dont worry you just sit there on the couch and watch the game....ill take care of washing your car and fill it up for you.....where's your wallet so i can get your credit card.... ?

18) hey dad, i was wondering....ummm....ahh....do you think...ahh...errr...could i....mmmmm....take the M5 to the store.....just to go there and back.... i promise. !!! but ill text you if i decide to swing by Joey's house to study for our chemistry test...

Now here is my favorite all time "son" request.....

Hey Bub....I mean dad... give me da damn keys....Im takin the M for a spin, dont wait up !

How many of you M5 owners have come across these types of M5 requests or comments from our sons or daughters ?
or perhaps you can share some of your own..... gotta love the M5.

11)
Love this story. But my sun only 13 )
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
WuTang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT

Are these true haha?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
rocky
Private First Class
Rep

yup...all true not only with me but with some other M5 owners as well
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:31 PM   #5
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
This one applies to the children

"Dad, what does that button do?" And we all know which button that is

"When I stayed round Billy's house his dad took us out and drove really fast on the lights" Then waits for me to press the M button

"I love it when the car drops down gears" Waits for me to floor it

Anyone ever let their kids drive the car? I let my 15 year old drive it all the time (Private property obviously)
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

True confession, me many years ago.
"Dad, can I take your truck? Its behind my car. I'm taking a friend to the movies."

Several hours later....
"Dad, call a tow truck, I got your truck stuck in the mud".

Yes he did forgive me, even after the front solid axles later froze up. Thanks to bearings caked with mud.

If it would have had the better tires on it at the time, it just might have dug itself out....
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #7
rocky
Private First Class
Rep

im just learning what this car can do.....there is no way even in my most hallucinogenic dreams would i let a 15 year old drive an M5...not even up the driveway.... ive seen too many horror stories of inexperienced drivers wreck M5 cars and one story of a 16 year old driving his dad's M5 and losing control and was involved in a fatal accident..... thats negligent entrustment by the father who now has to live with his mistake in allowing Jr to drive his M5. Sad, but true...

My advice....be prudent and safe not only for yourself but to your loved ones... the M5 is not an amusement item or a "fun toy" to be played with or abused. its a highly engineered, sophisticated powerful machine thats needs to be fully appreciated....allowing a 15 year old drive it at that tender age even on private property may not be wise IMHO. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #8
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
I can understand your concern but I have let him drive a variety of cars, he started off with my wife's old ML 270 at 13 and then I suppose we sort of built upon that, he drove the companies 520D and then the current X5 35D. They are all automatic cars so they are simple to drive, I sit in the passenger seat with him all the time with him but he knows that if he ever does anything stupid in the car he'll lose all privileges. I feel that half the time children get hurt in cars is because the parents are just too lenient, I mean if I even heard him rev the car I'd go mad, what if he didn't realise it was in gear? He knows the boundaries and knows to never step over them, especially when driving.
I can agree that there are too many people who let kids drive over powered cars and then face the gruelling consequences (I would never let JR drive on public roads, even when he as a license) when on private property I always think of how fast could he go here and what would happen if he did? We don't have a very long driveway so he wouldn't be able to get to an excessive speed, also when in the car park he isn't allowed to drive if there is another car there. I do take precautions and never feel as if I'm lenient towards him but he knows why. Totally agree that these are not toys for kids to play with but I feel that I take the necessary steps to ensure he's safe. There is always that what if feeling but he always takes it slow and makes sure everything is perfect e.g no obstacles around the car, handbrake off, in gear etc which is why I feel safe for JR to drive. Totally understand your concerns though Rocky
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
rocky
Private First Class
Rep

well said my friend....please be careful nonetheless....happy new year to you and your family
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Take care buddy, happy new year
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #11
WuTang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT

The M5 is my dad's. I pay for the gas that I use but other than that I'd say I'm blessed.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #12
M8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Too funny. Thanks for posting.

At the end of the day, it's only a car. I do allow my 17 yo son to drive it occasionally. I, however, don't let my 16 yo son drive it. Gotta have trust in your kids! Happy New Year to everyone.
Cadillac Escalade
Subaru Outback (it's required in Boulder!)
Appreciate 0