M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #23
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Picked up the car today. they changed two coils and two sparks. They told me it wasn't covered by warranty since they saw water in the engine and told me that I washed the engine. The engine was washed by hand and not by a spray of water, and it should be insulated. I doubt that it is the reason. It is costing me 230 dollars and they dont want to cover it under warranty for this reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #24
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
Trust me this is not the problem. I live in a country where no ones stops you for speeding.
Lucky you. We aren't so lucky. Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #25
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Picked up the car today. they changed two coils and two sparks. They told me it wasn't covered by warranty since they saw water in the engine and told me that I washed the engine. The engine was washed by hand and not by a spray of water, and it should be insulated. I doubt that it is the reason. It is costing me 230 dollars and they dont want to cover it under warranty for this reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #26
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I completely agree with you. The problem here is that this is the only dealer for the whole country, so I can't go anywhere else.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 05:12 AM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Woaw.. That's alot of parts to fix.. they chnaged the sparks at the last service interval about 1500 miles ago. A friend of mine just told me that he had the same problem with his M3 and it turned out that there was water mixed with the fuel. This is what you get when you live in a third world country..
How much damage would water mixed with petrol do to the car?
There are fuel inspectors which test the fuel and if there's an anomaly like water in the petrol or having 95 unleaded in a premium pump then the station would be at risk of being closed down.
If 'proceed moderately' is coming on and car runs fine without WOT then burn up the remaining fuel and fill up somewhere else rather than taking straight to the dealer who won't know if it's bad fuel and may fit parts that are not needed.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #28
STL_MPWR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

I just got my car back yesterday due to a similar scenario. I had to get 4 injectors replaced and now she runs amazing.
      05-25-2022, 01:24 PM   #29
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Quote:
I've diagnosed a hundred or so cases of misfires and poor running on S63/N63 series engines, caused by owners and detailers using water to clean the engine bays. The ignitions coils are susceptible to water ingress and corrosion at the spark plug due to water pooling around the bottoms of the coils and injectors. It's not absurd and definitely wouldn't be covered by warranty. ( considered environmental influence or owner damage, either or)