Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykjones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Day 8 - Installed RW Carbon - Center Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler. It was super easy.

Jack the car up, don't forget to use a BMS BMW Jack Pad Adapter (so you won't tear up your plastic jack pads) and Jack Stand for the center jack point. Remove 4x8mm screws from the bottom. The lip doesn't come pre-drilled, but it does have indentation for where the holes should be (you can see them in the photo). So I drilled 4x1/4" holes (start with the smaller bits, then work up to 1/4"). Drill at a lower speed and wear a mask to avoid breathing in resins. I just hold my breath and walk away after each hole, LOL.

Once drilling and fitting is done (test fit the screws position, enlarge the holes as needed). Wipe the bumper and lip with a micro fiber cloth soaked in a bit of rubbing alcohol. Stick 3 strips of 3M outdoor double sided tape on the center section and one strip of tape on each side of the lip. Position the tape about 3/4" away from the front of the lip so it's out of the view. (sorry, I forgot to take photos of the tape position).

Once tape is on, test fit one more time. I don't remove the tape all the way from the 5 strips, I peeled it half way and have it hanging out in front for access. Go ahead and install 4 screws half way while trying to keep tape in front from sticking. Once you're satisfied, peel the tape (red part) all the way and press. Tighten the screws and Voila, you're done. This shouldn't take more than 45min.

I'm super happy with the carbon fiber quality and fitment on this lip.
Thanks for the review and the post. How's the fitment and quality with the RW Carbon Center Carbon Fiber spoiler? Strongly considering it. Also have RKP center spoiler in consideration but it's hard to justify the price.
Fit and finish are very good. The spoiler did take some minor sanding to have that OEM fit. Everything else didn't require adjustments. CF is a natural product, so the surrounding climate does impact it shape a tiny bit so some sanding is needed to fit perfectly.

Also, even with 3M VHB didn't hold the spoiler well. I decided to take it to the body shop to use body glue on it. It sits more flush than tape and there's no worry of it coming loose.
      03-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #134
ykjones
Master Gunnery Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Signapore Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Fit and finish are very good. The spoiler did take some minor sanding to have that OEM fit. Everything else didn't require adjustments. CF is a natural product, so the surrounding climate does impact it shape a tiny bit so some sanding is needed to fit perfectly.

Also, even with 3M VHB didn't hold the spoiler well. I decided to take it to the body shop to use body glue on it. It sits more flush than tape and there's no worry of it coming loose.
Thanks for the feedback.
VF Engineering Hex Stage 1, RPI GTM Black edition, KW HAS, Dinan sway bars, Matt Schnell spacers, IND black chrome, M Performance rear spoiler, M Performance rear diffuser, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, ESS stainless steel brake lines, EBC Red Stuff ceramic pads, BMC air filters, charcoal filter delete, sprint booster, V1w/Blendmount, BIM coding all options, Pedal Haus pedals, Formula One Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #135
aayaz
M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 Monte Carlo M5

RW Carbon Front Center Spoiler

How precise did you get when drilling holes into the spoiler? I don't want to just whip out my drill and drill a hole through the "markings" on the spoiler without taking precaution.

Looks like you also sanded it to improve the fitment. What part of the spoiler did you do that on. When i did a pre-fitting, it looks like the center portion of it, stick out a tiny bit from the body, so it doesn't fit completely flush.
Appreciate 0