M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-05-2016, 08:56 AM   #1
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Question about m5 order

Ordered my m5 around april 16th or so, i got approved by bmwfs back in march. so from what i understand, i have 90 days (west coast) from the last day of the month i got approved, which takes us to the end of june to get the car.

my question is (and i'm asking here because i haven't been able to reach my dealer for over a week now, which is starting to irk me)

the car is not scheduled to start production until june 13th (which i also think is ridiculous, but i digress) so i'm thinking the car won't be here till mid july, early august, but by then, the 90 days will have expired. Is my deal still good? or will bmw have to redo another app?

i also don't want to have the car get here 3 months from now and not have my numbers guaranteed, and face a price hike. if that is the case, i'll just cancel my order. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Sounds like you should have used a different dealer. I ordered mine April 1st, production was completed April 20th and I take delivery on June 9th. It's on the boat crossing the pond right now.

It sounds like your dealer might not have had an allocation until June. I would have hashed all this out before placing the order.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2016, 06:56 AM   #3
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Timing of your build really depends on whether the dealer has an allocation to work with, has to trade for one or wait for one to be assigned and if Individual is involved. I ordered in mid March, but my car isn't scheduled to be built until June with a probable delivery in late July/early August. Once Individual approved TB, my build week did get pushed back several weeks.

With regards to the credit app, yes, using a west coast dealer gets you 90 days until expiration. So if your app expires end of June, you have until then to sign the paperwork. (Say you were taking delivery early July, you could go ahead and sign at the end of June and take delivery a week later) But if it will take longer for the vehicle to arrive, yes, another hard pull would probably be required and you can only use the numbers from the month of the hard pull until delivery. (So if you submitted another credit app today, you would be good until end of August, but you could not use March or April's numbers) Since I am looking at late July/early August for my PCD, I was re-pulled at the end of April. In doing so, I lost the March residuals/MF/lease credit, but I can use any months program from April through July now.

As for the dealer not responding to you in a week, that's concerning and I wouldn't be too happy. Did you end up using Greg at Pacific? Your selling price should be set and not change, only thing I would imagine could change is the MF/Residual and any other incentives from BMWFS. (Assuming this is a lease and not a purchase)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum903 View Post
Sounds like you should have used a different dealer. I ordered mine April 1st, production was completed April 20th and I take delivery on June 9th. It's on the boat crossing the pond right now.

It sounds like your dealer might not have had an allocation until June. I would have hashed all this out before placing the order.

live and learn, never ordered a car before.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Ordered my m5 around april 16th or so, i got approved by bmwfs back in march. so from what i understand, i have 90 days (west coast) from the last day of the month i got approved, which takes us to the end of june to get the car.

my question is (and i'm asking here because i haven't been able to reach my dealer for over a week now, which is starting to irk me)

the car is not scheduled to start production until june 13th (which i also think is ridiculous, but i digress) so i'm thinking the car won't be here till mid july, early august, but by then, the 90 days will have expired. Is my deal still good? or will bmw have to redo another app?

i also don't want to have the car get here 3 months from now and not have my numbers guaranteed, and face a price hike. if that is the case, i'll just cancel my order. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys
From what you described, your lock ends on the last day of June. If your build actually happens on June 13th (it is not uncommon for priority one orders to fall into production early) there is no way that your car will arrive on time. You should relock right now to lock in May programs and that will mean a small hit to the rate and residual. I do not know if the cash incentives changed for May.
      05-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #6
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
From what you described, your lock ends on the last day of June. If your build actually happens on June 13th (it is not uncommon for priority one orders to fall into production early) there is no way that your car will arrive on time. You should relock right now to lock in May programs and that will mean a small hit to the rate and residual. I do not know if the cash incentives changed for May.
Cash incentives did not change.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #7
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post

thanks for your reply. i finally spoke to my adviser, he will relock me end of this month. i should def be good for my car by then. i think he said i could choose which incentives etc for 3 months coming or something like that too
Appreciate 0