04-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
jordanegan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive28i

Ordering an M5... what transmission?

Hi guys,

I've only just signed up to the forum but have been stalking these posts and threads for ages! It has been customary for me to check the posts everyday for any news concerning all BMWs!

Well anyway, to the point. My father is currently looking to order a 2013 BMW M5.

I like the idea of getting it in MCB with Silverstone leather and my dad seems to like that color combination too.

The primary problem is deciding what transmission he wants. We both are driving enthusiasts and love manuals, hence my car being manual <3
However, he is having trouble deciding whether or not the manual will fit the cars profile considering how the car has evolved over the years. Also, well at least to us, it seems as if the DCT is so good it may be silly to miss out on it.

Would love to hear your opinions on ordering this car and your favorite configurations.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

MCB with silverstone looks great. There's pics of it in the MCB pics thread I think.

Theres no more performance debate over transmission since DCT is clearly faster now so it comes down to driving preference. If its a weekend type car and you both like manuals traditionally then 6mt makes sense. But if it's used for commuting or city type driving then DCT starts to win out IMO. Either way you can't go wrong since both are connected to a beast of an engine and car
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
jordanegan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive28i

Thanks, I think we're going to go for a DCT and my dad was thinking about restoring an old MG and we're going to get that in manual <3
Appreciate 0