BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

My very lightly modded M5 1st pic...

More pics to come after she's out of surgery (getting the performance mods in my signature put on). I have 55% tint including the windshield for those wondering.

More pics on my Instagram NikB316
Attached Images

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Look great Nick!
      03-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Nice - Im going to Auto Couture soon for some cosmetic mods as well. Saw youre adding the CF spoiler, are you using beta link for that or tape?
      03-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #4
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickC23 View Post
Nice - Im going to Auto Couture soon for some cosmetic mods as well. Saw youre adding the CF spoiler, are you using beta link for that or tape?
Thanks Patrick. IND + ACM =

Can't beat the cosmetic package from IND. When my car gets back and door handles get in I'm going to do a nice photo shoot. The IND cosmetic package is a must have IMO. I told myself I wouldn't spend much modding this (well that didn't happen) but the cosmetic package makes a world of difference on the car. Chrome does not belong anywhere on a sporty car! BMW uses nice black trim some places then hideous bright line killing chrome on the door handles, side grills, and front grills. The orange reflectors on the front are . Those alone make the front end of the car look 10x better. They are a huge eyesore. I went for the rear reflectors as well. Would love to do a proper bumper fill and will probably do so on the front after getting resprayed. I made the mistake of not getting a clear bra from day 1 and now with chips on it there's no point. Would rather wait a year, repaint and protect.

Sorry for rambling, regarding the spoiler I actually may go for a Vorsteiner trunk (negotiating one now...another mod expense). If I decide to stick with a spoiler I'm really not sure. Beta link is permanent and although it's recommended, my m3 was totally fine with just 3m tape. I think I would do 3m tape first and beta link if I see there is a need.

Hit up Nate & Jesal @ IND above! They are awesome.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Thanks Patrick. IND + ACM =

Can't beat the cosmetic package from IND. When my car gets back and door handles get in I'm going to do a nice photo shoot. The IND cosmetic package is a must have IMO. I told myself I wouldn't spend much modding this (well that didn't happen) but the cosmetic package makes a world of difference on the car. Chrome does not belong anywhere on a sporty car! BMW uses nice black trim some places then hideous bright line killing chrome on the door handles, side grills, and front grills. The orange reflectors on the front are . Those alone make the front end of the car look 10x better. They are a huge eyesore. I went for the rear reflectors as well. Would love to do a proper bumper fill and will probably do so on the front after getting resprayed. I made the mistake of not getting a clear bra from day 1 and now with chips on it there's no point. Would rather wait a year, repaint and protect.

Sorry for rambling, regarding the spoiler I actually may go for a Vorsteiner trunk (negotiating one now...another mod expense). If I decide to stick with a spoiler I'm really not sure. Beta link is permanent and although it's recommended, my m3 was totally fine with just 3m tape. I think I would do 3m tape first and beta link if I see there is a need.

Hit up Nate & Jesal @ IND above! They are awesome.
Oh I already got a bunch of IND mods, pre LCI and LCI grills, AW front markers, AW rear markers, black side gills, and M-Perf CRT themed spoiler. I spoke with Sal at AC and he says they use beta link, thing is Im not sure Ill love the CF spoiler, just dont want to respray it bc I damage the paint removing it if i dont like it. From the sounds of it, IND and most people on the board use just 3M tape for it. Thing is the Vorsteiner spoiler is a lot bigger, and probably needs beta link. Luckily I got the clear bra on the first week of ownership.