M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-23-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

Oil on Charge Pipe coming from IC Passenger Side

I noticed last night that there is some oil on the top of my Passenger IC below the rubber hose on the charge pipe. The clamps are all tight and just showed up last night. Is this a sign of something i should be worried about? It is not alot at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

Normal for very little.. question is how much ?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550 View Post
Normal for very little.. question is how much ?
Not much, but I've never seen it before and the clamp is still on all the way
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #4
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Is there oil in your intake pipes too?
SSP Spec-R
KW V3/ Corsa Axle back
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #5
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
Will have to remove and see, there was non when I removed the stock ones 7k miles ago. I know these motors get blow by, but I've never heard of it leaking out of the top of the ic boot from change pipe
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #6
stockm5
Private
Rep
Drives: 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMORGSM5 View Post
Quote:
Will have to remove and see, there was non when I removed the stock ones 7k miles ago. I know these motors get blow by, but I've never heard of it leaking out of the top of the ic boot from change pipe
Just curious. Is the car tuned? We usually see this after we tune the car. It seems the stock one-use clamps just don't hold that well. We remedy the problem by replacing all those one-use clamps with regular hose clamps.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #7
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5allday View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just curious. Is the car tuned? We usually see this after we tune the car. It seems the stock one-use clamps just don't hold that well. We remedy the problem by replacing all those one-use clamps with regular hose clamps. Done.
I have eventuri intakes, JB4+bcm and catless dp's. Ordered new charge pipes because I keep blowing the factory clamps off running in Map 2.
But I was wondering if there is cause for concern having a little to moderate amount of oil ontop of the IC coming out of the charge pipe hose connecting spot
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #8
stockm5
Private
Rep
Drives: 991

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just curious. Is the car tuned? We usually see this after we tune the car. It seems the stock one-use clamps just don't hold that well. We remedy the problem by replacing all those one-use clamps with regular hose clamps. Done.
I have eventuri intakes, JB4+bcm and catless dp's. Ordered new charge pipes because I keep blowing the factory clamps off running in Map 2.
But I was wondering if there is cause for concern having a little to moderate amount of oil ontop of the IC coming out of the charge pipe hose connecting spot
We see it all the time. Cars with tunes that have 5k miles all the way to cars with 40k miles. Pretty normal. Changing the charge pipes is the way to fix this issue so you are on the right track.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #9
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We see it all the time. Cars with tunes that have 5k mikes all the way to cars with 40k miles. Pretty normal. Changing the charge pipes is the way to fix this issue so you are on the right track.
Thanks! Will be a good project to do over the weekend. New ones have been sitting in the trunk
Appreciate 0