M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

06-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #1
rainmkr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

Oil Leakage

Has anyone ever experienced a brownish very sticky substance leaking from mid-under belly of car? Upon reversing have noticed it in middle of garage floor on 3 occasions. On board info states oil level good. Nothing grossly visualized upon looking at underbelly.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmkr View Post
Has anyone ever experienced a brownish very sticky substance leaking from mid-under belly of car?
I only experienced something like this on another of my cars which is several years old and was told by my mechanic that it was normal as gaskets shrink and lose their sealing abilities. Depending on where the leakage may be, replacing the gaskets may be an expensive and time-comsuming endeavor, however, my mechanic fixed it by pouring some sort of oil additive to reinvigorate gaskets. I'm sure your car is still under warranty and you should ask your service center to have a look. Have you had an oil change lately? If so, it could be that your oil filter was not properly closed. So it is best to have your service center do the check -- just my 2 cents.
      06-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Could it be some of the anti corosion gunk they spray underneath the car? That stuff is pretty sticky.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #4
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
diff fluid?