Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabe View Post
I just recieved my confirmation... It will be delivered week 1 2012
Congratulations! That's not far off at all. What color and options??

Please share your photos and review when you receive it
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

Congrats! You are lucky -- getting this beaute beginning of the new year. We, here in the U.S. still have 5 more months to wait until production intended for us begins. Although I have already put down a deposit, I do not expect to see mine until summer of 2012 (probably).
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

Where are you from?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

I live in Belgium..

Specs from the M5 are .... like the picture above.
The red leather is changed for the full black leather.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I live in Belgium..

Do you have a chassis number yet or anything official like that? Do you know the production date of your exact car?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
I live in Belgium..

Is that Singapur Gray? Lucky u, mine should only arrive by end Feb 2012.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

And mine is that colour too, except with silverstone. Delivery in week 1 2012.

And I am driving the new m5 today at ascari ..... Yippee
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #9
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
Do you have a chassis number yet or anything official like that? Do you know the production date of your exact car?
I got the production week from my dealer yesterday week 50/2011

here in Belgium no chassis number is available for the customers.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #10
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
Yep Singapur Gray... Mine was planned begin Feb... but they rearranged the quota's and now it's a month earlier...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #11
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS14 View Post

When you are done, please tell more...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:46 AM   #12
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Please give a review when finished!! :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 03:48 AM   #13
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
Yep Singapur Gray... Mine was planned begin Feb... but they rearranged the quota's and now it's a month earlier...
How did you get them to rearrange the quotas so I can try it :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
How did you get them to rearrange the quotas so I can try it :-)
I did not do that... BMW Belgium did it.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
04S
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So I have not long ago finished the day with BMW ///M. I have to start by saying the day (and evening last night) was above my expectations and absolutely brilliant. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The car is fantastic, mesmerizing. Completely different from my E92 M3, but mostly in good ways.

Where to start ?

The torque is amazing - this thing is an absolute torque monster. All over the rev range there is dieselesque pulling power. I was a little thrown by the lower rev limit compared to the M3, but by the end of the day I had got used to that.

Turn in is better than I expected - lets be honest here the car is extremely heavy, but taking that into account I found that it pointed very well - and that was at speed on the track. It tends towards under steer at the limit, which I was able to find a couple of times, but I don't think that is a bad thing.

The DSC on the track was extremely intrusive. But that is to be expected. I can understand that the BMW bods did not want another car written off - last week some maniac rolled one of their M5 fleet on the scenic drive (public roads), and apparently went off the road and rolled at 150km. The car was a write off, but luckily everyone walked away from the accident which is good. It only takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone else !

The acceleration is blistering - there is no other word for it. There is a wall of torque and power which thrusts you forward towards the horizon at an alarming rate. Overtaking in this car is a new dimension. The rolling acceleration from 80 - 150 (in third) is absolutely mind boggling.

The noise the car makes, from the inside is a little disappointing - there are moments of glory - the 2500rpm groan under acceleration is impressive and something I kept seeking out. Outside the car, it is a different story. User hard acceleration the noise the car makes is absolutely orgasmic. Acceleration from a stand still to 150kph by the instructor taking people on the sideways laps was the highlight of the day for me. Absolutely awesome. BMW completely nailed that noise. No reason for an aftermarket exhaust from my point of view.

The interior is luxury plus. There is so much leather in there it feels wrong. Every surface you can see is either leather or alcantara. Very classy interior.

I think the auto close boot, the soft close doors and some of the other things the cars were optioned up with were completely pointless, but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

Overall I am extremely excited about this car, and not because I am getting one soon. It is a huge step forward on the old model, with some compromises for sure, but I firmly relieve it is a better car (both on the track and the road, where I have drived both fairly extensively).

I can only say this ad is brilliant overall.

I would like at this point to disclose that I have no relationship with BMW and I am not being paid for these comments by them. I am genuinely excited about this car. You see why the first time you lift off at 4000rpm. Amazing.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #16
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So I have not long ago finished the day with BMW ///M. I have to start by saying the day (and evening last night) was above my expectations and absolutely brilliant. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The car is fantastic, mesmerizing. Completely different from my E92 M3, but mostly in good ways.

Where to start ?

The torque is amazing - this thing is an absolute torque monster. All over the rev range there is dieselesque pulling power. I was a little thrown by the lower rev limit compared to the M3, but by the end of the day I had got used to that.

Turn in is better than I expected - lets be honest here the car is extremely heavy, but taking that into account I found that it pointed very well - and that was at speed on the track. It tends towards under steer at the limit, which I was able to find a couple of times, but I don't think that is a bad thing.

The DSC on the track was extremely intrusive. But that is to be expected. I can understand that the BMW bods did not want another car written off - last week some maniac rolled one of their M5 fleet on the scenic drive (public roads), and apparently went off the road and rolled at 150km. The car was a write off, but luckily everyone walked away from the accident which is good. It only takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone else !

The acceleration is blistering - there is no other word for it. There is a wall of torque and power which thrusts you forward towards the horizon at an alarming rate. Overtaking in this car is a new dimension. The rolling acceleration from 80 - 150 (in third) is absolutely mind boggling.

The noise the car makes, from the inside is a little disappointing - there are moments of glory - the 2500rpm groan under acceleration is impressive and something I kept seeking out. Outside the car, it is a different story. User hard acceleration the noise the car makes is absolutely orgasmic. Acceleration from a stand still to 150kph by the instructor taking people on the sideways laps was the highlight of the day for me. Absolutely awesome. BMW completely nailed that noise. No reason for an aftermarket exhaust from my point of view.

The interior is luxury plus. There is so much leather in there it feels wrong. Every surface you can see is either leather or alcantara. Very classy interior.

I think the auto close boot, the soft close doors and some of the other things the cars were optioned up with were completely pointless, but I guess that is a matter of opinion.

Overall I am extremely excited about this car, and not because I am getting one soon. It is a huge step forward on the old model, with some compromises for sure, but I firmly relieve it is a better car (both on the track and the road, where I have drived both fairly extensively).

I can only say this ad is brilliant overall.

I would like at this point to disclose that I have no relationship with BMW and I am not being paid for these comments by them. I am genuinely excited about this car. You see why the first time you lift off at 4000rpm. Amazing.
Awesome!! Does the sound inside the car change depending on any settings that you give the engine? Also did you have the stereo on to experience the 'active sound design'?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
04S
Captain
Rep

No. The sound was the same no matter what settings I used. I also did not have the stereo on so not sure I experienced the active sound thing.

Really good car. Can't wait to get mine in the first week of Feb.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
good car. Can't wait to get mine in the first week of Feb.
Can't wait either.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
Wabe
Private
Belgium
Rep

Does anyone have pictures of a other Singapore gray m5?
Appreciate 0