BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saab Aero

any special order options?

Just ordered my new F10 M5! Its for ED on oct 14, Singapore Grey, Silverstone Full interior, Exec, 20s.

I did not order the drivers assist package because I simply dont need or want all thats on there except for the speed limit info. I see that other countries let that optin be ordered seperately. Anyone ever get luck ordering special options outside of packages such as this?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

You would need to seek approval. Similar to the approval required for Individual options.
Unless $$ is the concern, I would recommend the DAP.
Active Driving Assistant: If you have your blinker on to change lane, this will let you know if a car is approaching at high speed via steering wheel vibration and an audible noise.
Blind Spot Assistant: I do not rely on it 100%, but it is a nice feature to have. I coded my BSA to work at 30km/h instead of the default 50km/h. Which is key, and makes it that much more useful.
Camera System: The F10 M5 is longer and wider than its predecessor.. making the cameras a very useful feature. Overhead is nice if you are parking by a curb that jets out, or just want to align your car perfectly into the spot. I personally use it to park either as close as possible to the left side of the parking spot, or as close as possible to the right side of the parking spot. I make this decision based on the type of car to the left/right of me, or if there is no spot on one side, I will park as close as possible to that side. Prevents injury to the car. That's right, injury.
Speed Limit Info: Very cool option. When you see a cop car you never ask yourself what the speed limit is.

Last edited by avlnch; 09-13-2013 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0