M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #23
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBoy View Post
I have gone through the ranks with my BMW dealership and have names of BMW NA employees and have never seen such a lack of respect for the customer.

There is so much hate on this forum its disgusting. IF ITS NOT A BMW IT SUCKS I keep seeing it constantly (You might not come out and say it)

I agree if its a great car I will say it. The mustangs not my style but it kicks ass.

OP you can find some used M3s for a good price... But personally I am so set on a V coupe its nuts.

When people get fed up with BMW and they start losing market share things will change.

Your saying BMW customer service is bad or ford? Sorry didn't understand what you were trying to say.

I love the m3 but honestly it isn't that impressive to me, especially for the price tag.

V coupes are really nice, wouldn't mind one myself.

I am starting to think of saving for another FD and keeping the BMW for daily.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 04:06 AM   #24
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I don't think it matters what BMW aims for, the mustang set the bar for a sports coupe and beat the 1 series, 3 series, and m3 in every category besides interior quality and probably customer service although I am not sure how Ford is on service.
Why should BMW care, they sell all the M3's they can make, they build cars to compete against Audi, Mercedes, Jaguar and Lexus, they are a premium brand, Ford is a budget brand, nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #25
MikeyV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
That's a horrible comparison. The current C6 is one of the most successful cars in FIA GT2 racing history (along with the C5), more so than the E92 or E46. So how can it be "physically unfit" when that is pretty much the benchmark for racing performance?

I sometimes don't understand the utter disregard for American cars on this forum.
Even you must realise that a car that's success on the track has absolutely nothing to do with the car it's based on, comparing the C6 GT2 car to the road C6 is just daft.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 04:31 AM   #26
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Silly question. There is the M3/M4. Of course it costs more. I'd rather ask if BMW plans on making anything in the future to compete with the GT86/BRZ and MX-5. This car would be priced even lower than a Mustang but with better driving capabilities and alot of potential.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #27
MikeyV
Captain
Rep

MX-5 that's what the Z3 was originally built to compete with, unfortunatily it grew big and bloated and turned into the current Z4 which is nothing at all like the MX5.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #28
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
Even you must realise that a car that's success on the track has absolutely nothing to do with the car it's based on, comparing the C6 GT2 car to the road C6 is just daft.
While comparing a dedicated racing car(GT2) is a far cry from one bought off the dealer floor is unrealistic a quick look at Nurburgring times prove the C6's racing pedigree built largely on competitive motorsport. The ZR1 and Z06 are near the top of the list of world best sports cars.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #29
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
I think it also depends on age. I post on Rennlist, and the discussions tend to be fairly mature (compared to here) when it comes to cars of other manufacturers. But Rennlist is also populated with more well-to-do, older, owners. They don't emotionally identify with a brand or car, and defend it as part of their persona. That's a young man's viewpoint of the world. That's why you get so many "kill" stories here on E90Post, because a lot of younger guys think it's actually a life accomplishment to race people at the stop light.
A little thread jack but I just saw a brand new GT2 RS yesterday with Lux plates all black. Looked awesome. I also went on rennlist and it seems to be all Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Your saying BMW customer service is bad or ford? Sorry didn't understand what you were trying to say.

I love the m3 but honestly it isn't that impressive to me, especially for the price tag.

V coupes are really nice, wouldn't mind one myself.

I am starting to think of saving for another FD and keeping the BMW for daily.
I have never dealt with ford but I was having so many issues with my BMW I took it up to BMWs corporate office in NJ and they couldn't have gaven 2 SH!%s

I agree the price tag on the M3 is up there and I have problems buying a used M3 that I would have 20 ta 30k miles in warranty... you can understand why..

The lease deals on the V are great and not many issues either.. Cadillac is 3rd in JD power for reliability.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #31
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
While comparing a dedicated racing car(GT2) is a far cry from one bought off the dealer floor is unrealistic a quick look at Nurburgring times prove the C6's racing pedigree built largely on competitive motorsport. The ZR1 and Z06 are near the top of the list of world best sports cars.
http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html
Exactly my point.

The soul of the C6 and 997 is in motorsports. I respect the C6 so much because that car and the 997 have gone head to head in the GT classes brilliantly over the past 6 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyV View Post
Ford is a budget brand, nuff said.
"Nuff said"?

Ford has a distinguished history in motorsport, one which includes kicking Ferrari's ass all over the place.

Like I said, I find this disregarding of American brands just slightly immature.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #33
rfx45
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Silly question. There is the M3/M4. Of course it costs more. I'd rather ask if BMW plans on making anything in the future to compete with the GT86/BRZ and MX-5. This car would be priced even lower than a Mustang but with better driving capabilities and alot of potential.
For BMW to compete with that they'd have to price it at ~$25k, ~$30k the most. With the 128i starting at $31k and 328i starting at $35k, I just don't see BMW going farther down than that price range even if they do come out with a FWD Z2. I think BMW needs to stay within a certain price range and not go too far down, at least not here in the US. They are still considered a world class luxury car, selling one to compete with a $25k Mazda/Toyobaru at a similar price might have negative impact on their brand stature and I'm sure BMW knows that. Would I like it if BMW did it anyways? Of course, I'd love it, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
      06-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #34
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx45 View Post
For BMW to compete with that they'd have to price it at ~$25k, ~$30k the most. With the 128i starting at $31k and 328i starting at $35k, I just don't see BMW going farther down than that price range even if they do come out with a FWD Z2. I think BMW needs to stay within a certain price range and not go too far down, at least not here in the US. They are still considered a world class luxury car, selling one to compete with a $25k Mazda/Toyobaru at a similar price might have negative impact on their brand stature and I'm sure BMW knows that. Would I like it if BMW did it anyways? Of course, I'd love it, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
Having owned both a Miata and a Z3 (M Coupe) and driven plenty of Z3's and both Z4's, BMW doesn't really understand this market. If they build a fwd Z2, I will laugh for months, maybe years. What a turd. Lotus Elan, anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #35
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx45 View Post

That is what most never understand. They think everything is about price to power ratio. Why should they price a Z2 low ? What is wrong with a ~1000 kg ~300 PS Z2 M priced at 40.000 € ? Nothing, except that nobody will by the overweight pig, the M2.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #36
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Exactly my point.

The soul of the C6 and 997 is in motorsports. I respect the C6 so much because that car and the 997 have gone head to head in the GT classes brilliantly over the past 6 years.
indeed they have.
Quote:
"Nuff said"?

Ford has a distinguished history in motorsport, one which includes kicking Ferrari's ass all over the place.

Like I said, I find this disregarding of American brands just slightly immature.
immature and obviously uninformed.

Last edited by NYC6; 06-22-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0