Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #23
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

Thanks for all of your advice.

I've had a productive discussion with the sales manager this morning and have opted to have the car re-ordered with the correct colour interior. They have estimated it will take around 8 weeks.

In return, they will give me the same trade-in value for my car as they would have this weekend, have offered to pay my out of pocket expenses for cancelling the insurance and costs incurred at the weekend going over to them as well as a further gesture of goodwill.

This is as good as a result as I think I could have got.
      03-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #24
neiluk
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulT_335i View Post
Thanks for all of your advice.

I've had a productive discussion with the sales manager this morning and have opted to have the car re-ordered with the correct colour interior. They have estimated it will take around 8 weeks.

In return, they will give me the same trade-in value for my car as they would have this weekend, have offered to pay my out of pocket expenses for cancelling the insurance and costs incurred at the weekend going over to them as well as a further gesture of goodwill.

This is as good as a result as I think I could have got.
Did you discuss any further concession they may have been prepared to make in order for you to accept the incorrectly configured car, or did you simply not go down that avenue?

I would have been inclined to try and swap all the 'goodwill' they offered for a few more options, unless the car has literally everything you think you could possibly want.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #25
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

I was offered a further discount to accept the car, but decided it just wasn't the right colour for me, and as others have said, I probably wouldn't have been happy every time I got into the car.

From the options I've specified, there were two I originally had, but removed before placing my order as they were luxuries (Soft Close Doors and Powered Bootlid / Trunk). Other than that, I've got the options I need and can justify. If I were to get them to throw in additional options, they wouldn't be adding any value to me, so a further discount is actually more preferable.