M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

02-06-2015, 12:50 AM   #23
black-n54
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

last Week I've installed my OEM catless Downpipes.

I have the JB4 on it and set the PSI to 4.

the car is a beast but if i drive faster than 250 kmh I get also this fault code with drivetrain.

i read the error memory and It were the fault codes 120618 and 120208
boost pressure too high

Has anyone a idea how I can solve this? Maybe with less boost from JB4?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 05:43 AM   #24
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vz_335 View Post
last Week I've installed my OEM catless Downpipes.

I have the JB4 on it and set the PSI to 4.

the car is a beast but if i drive faster than 250 kmh I get also this fault code with drivetrain.

i read the error memory and It were the fault codes 120618 and 120208
boost pressure too high

Has anyone a idea how I can solve this? Maybe with less boost from JB4?
I've been running catless for over a year now with JB3 and fully maxed out in mods and don't have any of these issues.

One thing for certain is a lot of people that have these issues are not letting the car adapt properly or driving the car in automatic mode. I don't know if you have jb3/4 but if you do you can watch the boost graphs and see the inconsistencies in the boost, as it would adapt the boost graph would be smoother by the pull. also if you can watch your airfuels that's another way to see if your car has fully adapted to what ever mods you've done or plan to do.

A customer of mine came down for a half mile event, I had to change couple things on his car to do installer error. With that said his car now is hauling ass and consistent with no malfunction lights and also his AFs are back to normal of 12.5-12.6 peak AFs just like factory. After doing some adaption pulls and now the car runs perfect. You have to take baby steps when it comes to changing anything on these cars the MAFs and all other sensors are very sensitive so if you install something and go out and beat on it you will malfunction light, but if you do a couple third gear pulls park the car lock it for a while and do the same a couple more times throughout the day, the car adapts by the pull and in sleep mode.
If you have any questions feel free to email me maybe I can guide you to where you're not getting these issues
Info@mstreetracing.com

G

Last edited by m6beast; 02-07-2015 at 04:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 08:06 PM   #25
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

you can also buy the ODb 2 bluetooth adapter and install Code reading app on your phone... every time you get code from the downpipe just clear it and continue on.
      02-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #26
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
I've been running catless for over a year now with JB3 and fully maxed out in mods and don't have any of these issues.

One thing for certain is a lot of people that have these issues are not letting the car adapt properly or driving the car in automatic mode. I don't know if you have jb3/4 but if you do you can watch the boost graphs and see the inconsistencies in the boost, as it would adapt the boost graph would be smoother by the pull. also if you can watch your airfuels that's another way to see if your car has fully adapted to what ever mods you've done or plan to do.

A customer of mine came down for a half mile event, I had to change couple things on his car to do installer error. With that said his car now is hauling ass and consistent with no malfunction lights and also his AFs are back to normal of 12.5-12.6 peak AFs just like factory. After doing some adaption pulls and now the car runs perfect. You have to take baby steps when it comes to changing anything on these cars the MAFs and all other sensors are very sensitive so if you install something and go out and beat on it you will malfunction light, but if you do a couple third gear pulls park the car lock it for a while and do the same a couple more times throughout the day, the car adapts by the pull and in sleep mode.
If you have any questions feel free to email me maybe I can guide you to where you're not getting these issues
Info@mstreetracing.com

G
+12345

The adaptation of this car is not so straight forward as u always did on other car.

Last time I also got a lot of misfire code n problems with piggyback but after M6beast share his experience n method on how to let the car adapt properly thereafter I didn't have any at all. U really got to do it slowly n do the right way n not just start the car warm it up n start pushing it. The secret is to run it on 3rd n 4th gear n even 5th if the road allow u to do so. Push the gas slowly down on 3rd gear n 4th gear(don't just floor it all the way in a sec) to let the MAF read the AFR, even when u let off the gas also do it slowly to let the sensor read the mixture. Do it for 4 to 5times, stop the car shut it off n let it sleep for a while(take a drink or do something else for at least 1/2 an hour) when u r back do the same thing again for a few times(3-4 times) After which the car will feel much different from the past. It works for me, no harm trying it.

Now I have bms jb3 stage 2(jb4) catless DP, full Arka exhaust system, open port intake, meth injection, Zex Nitrous 100 wet shot without any problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 05:28 AM   #27
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can84
Hi guys i got installed cattless dp's and whenever i hit 230km/h or end of 4th gear i always got drivetrain malfunction error! how can i get rid of this i can't send my ecu for tune cause Turkey customs have very difficult process and also don't want to spend 3500k on a tune its too expensive!!!!! i don't want freaking 700rwhp or something like that i just want to drive with dp's )
@boots has his CAN tool for sale that will stop your DT mal. They are not made anymore and are very rare. Worth looking at.
      02-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #28
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
+12345

The adaptation of this car is not so straight forward as u always did on other car.

Last time I also got a lot of misfire code n problems with piggyback but after M6beast share his experience n method on how to let the car adapt properly thereafter I didn't have any at all. U really got to do it slowly n do the right way n not just start the car warm it up n start pushing it. The secret is to run it on 3rd n 4th gear n even 5th if the road allow u to do so. Push the gas slowly down on 3rd gear n 4th gear(don't just floor it all the way in a sec) to let the MAF read the AFR, even when u let off the gas also do it slowly to let the sensor read the mixture. Do it for 4 to 5times, stop the car shut it off n let it sleep for a while(take a drink or do something else for at least 1/2 an hour) when u r back do the same thing again for a few times(3-4 times) After which the car will feel much different from the past. It works for me, no harm trying it.

Now I have bms jb3 stage 2(jb4) catless DP, full Arka exhaust system, open port intake, meth injection, Zex Nitrous 100 wet shot without any problem at all.
+1 glad someone is taking my advice and seeing the way to run these cars with BMS. I had other guys who are running my same setup on their M5s with CP and non CP with no issues. All I can say is people are missing out because they had no patients and not properly adapting the car.
I've Dyno tested these cars over 100 times with all different set ups and seeing first hand how they react through every kind of test.

Once again adaptation is key but with that said you have to stay consistent in fuel, boost, ect. When you start adding or playing with boost expect inconsistancies no surprise there.

I talked to can84 and gave him every detail you could imagine hopefully his issues are resolved.
G
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #29
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
... All I can say is people are missing out because they had no patience and not properly adapting the car...
I don't have a dog in this fight yet, so still keeping all of my options open including BMS and Dinan. For reasons I've posted before, I like the idea of an ECU map, but will wait for an OBDII flash, amongst other things. Anyway, do you have instructions posted somewhere on how should run these piggybacks in when installed so that they adapt properly? I read the post above. I don't have access to a track, so this would be on public roads. Hopefully, I can find vacant ones.
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2015, 11:05 PM   #30
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronch View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight yet, so still keeping all of my options open including BMS and Dinan. For reasons I've posted before, I like the idea of an ECU map, but will wait for an OBDII flash, amongst other things. Anyway, do you have instructions posted somewhere on how should run these piggybacks in when installed so that they adapt properly? I read the post above. I don't have access to a track, so this would be on public roads. Hopefully, I can find vacant ones.
Send me an email info@mstreetracing.com I'll send you some tips to getting it adapted properly and consistently

G
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 09:24 AM   #31
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can84 View Post
Hi guys i got installed cattless dp's and whenever i hit 230km/h or end of 4th gear i always got drivetrain malfunction error! how can i get rid of this i can't send my ecu for tune cause Turkey customs have very difficult process and also don't want to spend 3500k on a tune its too expensive!!!!! i don't want freaking 700rwhp or something like that i just want to drive with dp's )
Did you ever solve this issue?
Appreciate 0