M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

05-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
akh23456
All I do is Win... Eat Race Sleep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Range 2011 M3 2019 600lt

Garage List
Quick video of turner Muffler delete

Hey guys i got the turner muffler delete installed today at VAC motorsports and it sounds soo mean. I will give a review after i get some more miles put on the car and some dyno numbers shortly. Here is a quick video

Rs7 : 10.4 133.50 with a 1.7 60ft Toyo R888
F10 M5: 11.308 131.96 with a 1.9 60ft Street Tires
E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Sounds like trouble - I mean for other makes that line up against you.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
thhddd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh23456
Hey guys i got the turner muffler delete installed today at VAC motorsports and it sounds soo mean. I will give a review after i get some more miles put on the car and some dyno numbers shortly. Here is a quick video

Is this gonna be too loud? I live in high rise condo for now and I don't want to disturb my neighbors....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

This sounds similar in tone to the RPi GTM (Muffler Deleted) Straightpiped Exhaust as well, but sounds much quieter in loudness than the GTM.

People need to know that only the cold start is very loud with a muffler deleted system, after that the idle volume level is very quiet and only slightly louder than stock. Driving around at slow speeds and low rpms the muffler deleted system is very quiet as well. Nobody will think your car is loud, unless they hear the cold start or if you start revving the engine in the neighborhood.

I have been able to get away with revving my engine in my neighborhood but that is only because I do such things in the middle of the afternoon on weekdays and weekends, when nobody gives a shit. If you do that kind of thing at 6am on a Sunday morning, then you are an A-Hole.

People need to stop being so sensitive that ANY aftermarket exhaust on F10 M5 will be too loud for their neighborhood. It's simply not an issue. The fact is that unless you go with catless downpipes combined with a muffler deleted exhaust, then that shit WILL be too loud for the neighborhood. I've even heard F10 M5's with catless downpipes that still included exhausts with resonators and mufflers on them, and they are still tame to the ear.

The Twin Turbo V8 is not a V10, and you will not get the same amount of exhaust loudness by ONLY changing out the exhaust on the TTV8 as you would the V10 from the E60. An Eisenmann Race exhaust on an E60 V10 WILL wake the neighbors where as the same Eisenmann Race exhaust on an F10 V8 WILL NOT wake the neighbors.

Stop worrying about it people. I've owned an E60 M5 V10 FULL Straighpiped before. I know from experience what I'm talking about.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
akh23456
All I do is Win... Eat Race Sleep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Range 2011 M3 2019 600lt

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Sounds like trouble - I mean for other makes that line up against you.
yea i am really liking the exhaust right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhddd View Post
Is this gonna be too loud? I live in high rise condo for now and I don't want to disturb my neighbors....
ill post a video of cold and everything soon with go pro footage to give you a sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
This sounds similar in tone to the RPi GTM (Muffler Deleted) Straightpiped Exhaust as well, but sounds much quieter in loudness than the GTM.

People need to know that only the cold start is very loud with a muffler deleted system, after that the idle volume level is very quiet and only slightly louder than stock. Driving around at slow speeds and low rpms the muffler deleted system is very quiet as well. Nobody will think your car is loud, unless they hear the cold start or if you start revving the engine in the neighborhood.

I have been able to get away with revving my engine in my neighborhood but that is only because I do such things in the middle of the afternoon on weekdays and weekends, when nobody gives a shit. If you do that kind of thing at 6am on a Sunday morning, then you are an A-Hole.

People need to stop being so sensitive that ANY aftermarket exhaust on F10 M5 will be too loud for their neighborhood. It's simply not an issue. The fact is that unless you go with catless downpipes combined with a muffler deleted exhaust, then that shit WILL be too loud for the neighborhood. I've even heard F10 M5's with catless downpipes that still included exhausts with resonators and mufflers on them, and they are still tame to the ear.

The Twin Turbo V8 is not a V10, and you will not get the same amount of exhaust loudness by ONLY changing out the exhaust on the TTV8 as you would the V10 from the E60. An Eisenmann Race exhaust on an E60 V10 WILL wake the neighbors where as the same Eisenmann Race exhaust on an F10 V8 WILL NOT wake the neighbors.

Stop worrying about it people. I've owned an E60 M5 V10 FULL Straighpiped before. I know from experience what I'm talking about.
I agree with you the v10 e60 with a exhaust sounds mean and is loud. The v8tt is now much louder compared to stock but i'll have a review up here soon.

Rs7 : 10.4 133.50 with a 1.7 60ft Toyo R888
F10 M5: 11.308 131.96 with a 1.9 60ft Street Tires
E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Rich65
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

Would you say the Eisenmann race is the same way during cold start and only during revs otherwise its comparbale to OEM? And I'm wondering with just the rear section and or rear and straight pipes?
Appreciate 0