BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #155
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

@tigumz...If you get anywhere on using this towards the 2-day school, let me know. I'd be interested in exercising that option.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #156
Wrotwro7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 IB M3 / 2013 SG M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrotwro7
Quote:
Quote:
Just received a call from BMW. They said a rep from the NJ office would be contacting me in 3-5 days but with the hurricane damage it may be a bit longer. I have requested comp similar to what other members have received. Hopefully this will be closed soon so I can look at my beast with anticipation again rather than remember the month it was parked and useless.

I'll post updates as this progresses. Best of luck to everyone who is going through the same process!
Update: Still getting the runaround.

Timeline so far:
10/31- initial call received. Should hear back in 3-5 business days.

11/7-called them back and received a voicemail. Response: Another 3-5 days promised.

11/13 - see 11/7. Exactly the same
11/21 - called and left a rather direct message. Needless to say I don't look forward to the poor sap who has to deal with me on the next call.

With this level of service failure, how can they expect to keep their customers? A brand can only take you so far. When your products and customer service fail at the level I have experienced with this vehicle do you honestly now want me to fill out the survey I just received? Here's a hint: you are not going to like my unedited responses. Although I don't know what good it will do to tell you in yet another format of your failures when you don't seem to give a damn and treat long term customers in this manner.

End rant.
Update

Received a call today to inform me my request has now been put in front of a "supervisor" (whose name I couldn't attain) and they will get back to me (wait for it) in 3-5 days.

I informed them this is the last time I will accept that response and should this not be resolved in that time frame I am contacting BMW directly.

At this point I am not being treated like a long term customer. I am the next person to read an index card to over the phone.

Fail.

:
Good news. Once this got escalated to a manager, it got resolved. Compensation check is on the way. I also received the M school notification but will not be using it.

The key is to stay persistent, polite and keep communicating so you aren't lost into Na's communication black hole.

Now just to work out the bugs I have:
1. I drive randomly reboots
2. Random speaker crackle
3. Random clunk in the trunk
4. Active bolster (wishing counts)

This did finally get resolved but I have to wonder if I will enjoy the car as much of a pain it has been.

For now I drive on, gremlins and all...

Appreciate 0