06-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #23
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Guys, I just wanted to get feedback from you whether this is now usual practice for orders with IND. I have ordered from them in the past and don't remember how they went as I believe I got the items right away. Anyway I was thinking of ordering items for the transmission and exhaust but a bit apprehensive as to how long before they could deliver. I have something on order with them at the moment, nothing that significant, just the M5 mats, however, they still have not shipped them and logging in my account at their site, the order has the status of "pending" (was expecting shipped), but they have already charged my credit card (since the 11th of June). Now, assuming that the item is not in stock, shouldn't IND charge when the item is ready to be shipped? I was intending to order the short throw stick shift as well as an exhaust system but as I mentioned, I am afraid that IND might go ahead and charge me right away after ordering but still look into months before getting delivery of the items. Please share your thoughts and opinion.
So your complaining because they charged your credit card on things you ordered and it's delayed a few days, on the weekend? Did you try calling them maybe?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #24
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
I know IND is revered in this forum and I am sure they are great however what would have cost me $1000 with IND I had done for $200 by wrapping (grills gills and handles) and they look great. (Yes I understand the difference but people be smart! Money doesn't grow on trees for most of us!!) The painted reflectors are also overpriced IMHO nearly double the price for M5 vs msport and they are the same reflectors which I can confirm. (I bought clear ones for $55 IND has different prices for M5 and msport) As for the mats yes I like them however they are charging 150+\- for embroidering which is just not worth it to me. No offense to IND I just believe they take a little liberty with the M5 tax with the pricing.

However OP it's only been a few days chill these are CUSTOM it may take a while
I'm having mine sprayed by my bodyshop in the body color for alot less than it costs to buy them.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #25
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Anyway, I just wanted to get justification say if I order something like an exhaust system thats almost 9000 dollars and be charged right away yet be told to expect the item to come weeks or months after, and not even being offered, say to put down an initial deposit but charged the whole -- would that be something acceptable?
That is what I just did with my $6250 Dinan purchase through the BMW dealer. They wanted it all up front although the DTronics won't ship for two weeks. On the other hand, last month they offered to let me pay for the exhaust when it arrived but I paid them when I ordered. If I can't trust the BMW dealer then I am in trouble so I think it's really a matter of how much business you have done with them in the past. I have bought a lot of product from this dealership, four cars and two Dinan products so far not including the latest stuff. So I have a track record with them. It's harder if you don't have past experience so I usually don't order anything more than $500 where I don't have experience or there isn't a good rep already established. With IND, based on the number of people here that have good relations, I would think that counts.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #26
DesertEagle50
Admiral General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 FB

Garage List
2013 BMW M5 F10  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
My mats took about 2 weeks or so, like stealth said.
      06-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #27
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Ordered many things from IND including the custom mats with no issues...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #28
Goranot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Ind are fine.they are very much customer focused ...just need to communicate with them...issues and misunderstandings happen ..it's the resolution that's important..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A View Post
I have always heard great things about IND and Their website and products represent that. But I went to a motorsport shop and I had ordered BMW pedals and Special Exhaust tips for 2014 M5. They sent my pedal in 5 days but the EXHAUST tips took little over 2 weeks. But that's not the bad part. I had ordered my exhaust tips to have the M logos with is an extra $100 charge and they specify that but it did not specify it would charge more for full color M logos with 3 colors stripes M LOGO. My invoice said it was so pose to be full color. Then the shop calls me and says they receive the tips and they send me pictures of the tips and I see they are gloss black tips and the M logo as I ordered but it was white logos only not the M logo with the 3 stripe colors as I ordered. So my sales man at the shop called them and they said oh I know it said it was full color but we are going to charge an extra $250 just for the M color logos to be on the tips. I WAS OUTRAGED for them lying on their website for what I ordered and giving me the tips engraved in a color I did not ask for. They did not want to stand by what my invoiced said. Since then, they now specify which color and for full color is $250 charge for the gloss black tips with M color logos. They lost my business even though I am very tempted to buy stuff because they have great products. But I was fooled and taken advantage of by IND in what was ordering I thought I paid for what I ask for and instead they gave me something else and wanted to charge me more after I received my product that I did not ask for. IND
My experience was quite the opposite:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthr...5#post15503616

Go to post 359.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0