M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Boots Rpi exhaust install

My friend and I installed my Rpi Gts exhaust last night. It took us approx 3 hours and was a fun project. I'm glad I installed it as there are so many bolts and screws you have take off and I just don't trust too many people to work on anything of mine. After the install and test drive, I went back under the car to make sure all the bolts and screws were tight and made a couple of adjustments.

1st off the stock exhaust only comes off easily as a one piece unit. Dont know how I'm going to get that one home. It actually is a nice unit but with too many bends so I can see why hp will be lost. The install was straight forward, but you have to make sure you check your alienment/fitment with the exhaust tips.

Sound wise, it has a deeper tone to it and sounds real nice. Revs are so much meaner than stock which is a no brainer with any exhaust. Sounds badazz. It was raining so I couldn't get down like I wanted to, but did enough in the neighborhood to know I made the right choice in the exhaust. Cabin noise...I rank it stock 4 and rpi 6. It's still quite in the cabin with just a hint of aftermarket until you get down on it. No drone which I like. If you drove in a roush mustang stage 3 you know that sound badazz from the get go. With this exhaust it is kind of a sleeper. I do wish it were meaner but then again, this is the classy hooigan of the bmw series. Ok, now I need to get paid for this free rpi advertisement to offset the price of the exhaust. LOL

I tried to upload my videos from yutube, but for some reason, maybe my camera is the wrong format for this site. I will paste the url anyway in case anyone wants to go there and view. Enjoy.

1. stock

2. install

3. revs

Country run
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

thanks again, enjoy =)
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
bclk55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 35D, 15 GT3

Just got mine put on earlier today from Trinity Auto Sport. I got the RPI GT version. The sound is so much better than stock, very deep!. I do notice that the car is much quicker on highway pull. Thanks Joe & Nerwyll for the install.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

No problem Nerweezy. Everyone here likes this exhaust.

NOW, I have the results from my dyno run today. I realize that I have to run the car kinda hard for the first couple of days so the afe sets in so I will go back on Monday for 3 more pulls. 1st pull with no air. 2nd pull heat soak, 3 pull with air. Mustang dyno: On the 3rd run the guy said the computer was just now learning the new mixture so when I return I should have better results. Let me know what you guys think as I haven't seen any dyno pulls posted yet. Posted are runs 1 and 3.

Attached Images

Country run

Last edited by boots; 12-28-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Is anyone else planning on putting their beast on the dyno? It would be good to see what others are getting out of their cars with the different exhaust. I'm going back tomorrow to back mine up.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
Is anyone else planning on putting their beast on the dyno? It would be good to see what others are getting out of their cars with the different exhaust. I'm going back tomorrow to back mine up.
Yes, there's a plan here in Cali to get a bunch of exhausts on the dyno this month. See thread: who has the most powerful M5

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775934
      01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

thanks rob. guess i didnt see that thread.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

sounds sick! thx 4 sharin foo haha

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
sounds sick! thx 4 sharin foo haha
LoL No problem my man. Glad you like it.

Country run
Appreciate 0