M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Wheel and Tire Insurance

Anyone opting for this? I was thinking of doing this since the wheels and tires would be expensive to replace
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
ilfz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Im thinking of doing this. Not sure what the pricing is, but I do warn you that when I purchased my M3, the bmw dealer told me if i wanted to go with a 3rd party tire/wheel insurance to save money and it only costed me $500 for 3 years. I was like you cant beat that deal. Within a year here in nyc I had about 3 blown tires (worst roads ever) and I do have to admit that the wheels took some big pot hole hits and they were perfectly fine. Now the process with the 3rd party was a pain in the ass. I would have to call the 3rd party to open up a claim, then bring the car to service, have the service guy call up the 3rd party and talk to them about the damage and submit some paperwork, then the 3rd party has to approve it, and then they can do the work. Feel the pain in the butt? I'd say just go with the BMW tire/wheel protection. My only problem is that I am getting a AW and want dark/black wheels on it, so I am either thinking of getting the insurance and powdercoating the 20's or get aftermarket wheels which will look better but no insurance :/
Appreciate 0