M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #23
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

This is a vid of my new system!!

GtHaus Super Light GT w/ LXR Center Section:

I like it much better than my Eisenmann Sport System. It was good but not loud enough for me.

MindlessMark07
///2013 M5 Alpine White/Black,Orange County CA\\\

Last edited by mindlessmark07; 03-27-2013 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #24
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessmark07 View Post

I like it much better than my Eisenmann Sport System. It was good but not loud enough for me.
Sport is not supposed to be loud
      03-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Sport is not supposed to be loud

When I was ordering the Eisenmann , I heard too many stories of how loud it was going to be and got spooked enough to choose the sport system. After 3 months with it, I needed more. Don't get me wrong, the E-Sport sounds phenomenal, but I needed just a bit more. I considered going with the E-Race setup, but after hearing the GtHaus system in person, I was sold. I remember the day very well...Vic55 was there with his E-race setup & BlackMarket was there with his GtHaus system, and I had the rare opportunity to do a side by side comparison. Both are extremely loud, but had distinctly different pitch and tone differences. The Meister just had that higher pitch that I was searching for. Ideally, if Akra made a "race" setup, I would go that route, but the current Akra solution available right now is not loud enough for my taste. The Akra has the best Tone of any system IMHO, just not enough volume for me.

The funny thing is, after reading dozens of posts discussing which exhaust system is the right choice, the real answer is that they all sound great. Hell, even the stock OEM system sounds amazing. I have personally been lucky enough to hear the RPI, Meister GTC & GT, Akra, Eisenmann Sport, Eisenmann Race, SuperSprint,& the RPI muffler delete and truth be told, they are all kick ass! Honestly, I probably will rock the GtHaus Gt system for a while, and eventually swap for another system. I know that probably sounds crazy, but I find it really fun to keep tweaking the car, and bringing out the different personalities that the M5 engine is hiding.

Sorry about the long narrative, but I wanted to share my 2 cents about the unanswerable question of which exhaust system sounds the best. Each driver will be drawn to a different sound. The best way to decide is attend as many car meetups as you can or reach out to local forum members and try to hear their systems for yourself. The M5 modding community is more like a family and I know from personal experience that we will help each other out whenever possible.

MindlessMark07
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
The M5 modding community is more like a family and I know from personal experience that we will help each other out whenever possible.
That's EXACTLY the way that I feel. I feel like some people don't seem to care about this as much.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
It's interesting to hear Mark's comments but I prefer the more baritone pitch of the Eisenmann. To me that is what a German performance car should sound like. Not surprising Porsche and AMG use Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
It's interesting to hear Mark's comments but I prefer the more baritone pitch of the Eisenmann. To me that is what a German performance car should sound like. Not surprising Porsche and AMG use Eisenmann.
Exactly! The best sounding exhaust is the one that sounds best to you.

MindlessMark07
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #29
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
When I was ordering the Eisenmann , I heard too many stories of how loud it was going to be and got spooked enough to choose the sport system. After 3 months with it, I needed more. Don't get me wrong, the E-Sport sounds phenomenal, but I needed just a bit more. I considered going with the E-Race setup, but after hearing the GtHaus system in person, I was sold. I remember the day very well...Vic55 was there with his E-race setup & BlackMarket was there with his GtHaus system, and I had the rare opportunity to do a side by side comparison. Both are extremely loud, but had distinctly different pitch and tone differences. The Meister just had that higher pitch that I was searching for. Ideally, if Akra made a "race" setup, I would go that route, but the current Akra solution available right now is not loud enough for my taste. The Akra has the best Tone of any system IMHO, just not enough volume for me.

The funny thing is, after reading dozens of posts discussing which exhaust system is the right choice, the real answer is that they all sound great. Hell, even the stock OEM system sounds amazing. I have personally been lucky enough to hear the RPI, Meister GTC & GT, Akra, Eisenmann Sport, Eisenmann Race, SuperSprint,& the RPI muffler delete and truth be told, they are all kick ass! Honestly, I probably will rock the GtHaus Gt system for a while, and eventually swap for another system. I know that probably sounds crazy, but I find it really fun to keep tweaking the car, and bringing out the different personalities that the M5 engine is hiding.

Sorry about the long narrative, but I wanted to share my 2 cents about the unanswerable question of which exhaust system sounds the best. Each driver will be drawn to a different sound. The best way to decide is attend as many car meetups as you can or reach out to local forum members and try to hear their systems for yourself. The M5 modding community is more like a family and I know from personal experience that we will help each other out whenever possible.
Thanks for the review. I just wanted to make sure that M5post members did not get the wrong idea about the Eisenmann Sport performance. Eisenmann Germany designed it with the same DB level as the OEM F10 M5 exhaust but changed the tonality of the exhaust. The Sport performance is a great option for clients looking for a more unique sound but without the added volume.
      03-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #30
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The Sport performance is a great option for clients looking for a more unique sound but without the added volume.

++1!!!

MindlessMark07
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
Elliotdds
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

You absolutely nailed it on the head. The car is really a fantastic piece of engineering. Everyone here is lucky to own any BMW to be honest.

The stock exhaust is really great in it's own way. In fact, I think the factory did a nice job with it compared to some of the constrictions found in previous OEM exhausts.

Most of the aftermarket companies out there really produce fantastic add on's to compliment these cars. The fact that we can discuss & be excited about what others have done to individualize these cars - THAT is one of the things that is great about driving an M. Enthusiasts are a unique breed. I am lucky to be in such company.

Whatever system someone goes with - it is perfect for them - in that respect they are all fantastic! All have unique sounds and attributes.

Now if someone could sell the damn M6 steering wheel - functional of course - THAT would be really exciting!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotdds
You absolutely nailed it on the head. The car is really a fantastic piece of engineering. Everyone here is lucky to own any BMW to be honest.

The stock exhaust is really great in it's own way. In fact, I think the factory did a nice job with it compared to some of the constrictions found in previous OEM exhausts.

Most of the aftermarket companies out there really produce fantastic add on's to compliment these cars. The fact that we can discuss & be excited about what others have done to individualize these cars - THAT is one of the things that is great about driving an M. Enthusiasts are a unique breed. I am lucky to be in such company.

Whatever system someone goes with - it is perfect for them - in that respect they are all fantastic! All have unique sounds and attributes.

Now if someone could sell the damn M6 steering wheel - functional of course - THAT would be really exciting!!!!!
+1!

MindlessMark07
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #33
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotdds View Post

^ +1!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #34
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Awesome mark. You are so right. All the exhaust sound and perform great. Not one is better than the other. It just depends on what kind of sound, quality and dollars we are looking to hear, see or spend. Heck if someone is willing to give me some money, I will make a voice over and they can use it in their car. Vroom Vroom!

Country run
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #35
Elliotdds
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

LMAO - you are SO right!

To be honest - no matter what exhaust you choose - they are all beautiful in their own respect.

I heard the clip of Mark's GTHaus exhaust - it is simply breathtaking!!!!

If money were no object - I think that exhaust in full Titanium with EVC would be absolutely amazing!!!!

Great clip Mark! It is awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
If you want the loudest/meanest exhaust I would say go with the full meistershaft and then straight pipe it and add downpipes.
Here is what that sounds like!!

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #37
GTHAUS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4

Quote:

GtHaus Super Light GT w/ LXR Center Section:

Thanks for sharing the video! We "borrowed" it to show on our Facebook page
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #38
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M

check this out : http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821577
      03-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
Charlie Brown
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Azurite Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk688
a friend of mine is currently searching an exhaust system for his 12' F10 M5

he seeks for:
-as loud as the exhaust can be
-lots of HP gain

currently he ordered akrapovic, but he can still cancel it, since we heard from many people that it doesnt sound that "loud".

thanks,
If you want loud and power gains. I just heard the Eisenmann full race with cat-less down pipes at iND. We are talking full on ridiculous sick sound! Loud? Check! Sounds very aggressive. I have no idea what the power gains might be but a quick ride in the shop M5 was enough to impress.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #40
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
I just heard the Eisenmann full race with cat-less down pipes at iND. We are talking full on ridiculous sick sound! Loud? Check! Sounds very aggressive.
That's great to hear! I have been waiting for IND to get the catless pipes mounted. I think the catalyst removal is going to change the game for the exhaust sound, and I am hoping that IND will indeed test the stock exhaust system with the catless downpipe to let us know if it has a deeper, louder, and more alive tone to it. The only drawback to the stock system might be that its resonators and mufflers will be a more limiting factor for HP with the cats gone.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 07:55 AM   #41
straightpipeguru
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

dug out the video for the sweetest sounding exhaust Loud as hell too

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 12:59 AM   #42
srtoad4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M5 / 2016 SRT Jeep

I have the Borla with catless DP and love it..had Akra before that and it was way too quiet, sounded stock at idle but sang up top. Borla has a nice deep tone and with catless gives it a bit of that Eisenmann/Meister rasp 👍
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #43
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

Quote:
I have now heard pretty much all options in person.

My favorite-
1. Eisenmann Race rear section only
2. Eisenmann Sport + center pipes
3. Akrapovic EVO
Hi Nate, sorry for question so late in the thread...but are these still your top 3..?
What will give you the best sound/loudness between E-Sport with catless or E-Sport with E/OEM resonator delete?

Thanks

Morten
Appreciate 0