M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #23
Kato
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 //M5

Subscribed... I like to push mine as well...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #24
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
What are the updates on this? I just purchased the as lines from challenge. How much did people need and what's the best for road and maybe 1 to 2 track events per year? Will it work with the carbon ceramic brakes?

Edit:
Thinking of getting the Castrol SRF. It has the highest wet boiling point. Prob buy two Liters to have some left over. They are in my amazon cart. Just waiting for some other opinions

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Spinny02; 12-10-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #25
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasm View Post
M54ccibo,

I have experienced it multiple times on the street -- I actually drive very, very aggressively and have had the brake fade occur within the city (due to multiple frequent hard slowdowns for turns or traffic avoidance), as well as on mountain roads coming up to corners (The Snake on Mulholland for example). The car is very heavy for the brakes, so they heat up quickly.

I need the increased stopping performance for sudden slowdowns on the freeway from ~140-150Mph speeds due to sudden traffic congestion, or possible inept drivers cutting me off and having no passing or longer braking distance options.
WTF??
How is anyone else inept when your doing 150mph on public roads??
You need to get to a track near you asap and go often.....after that you will stop driving like a getaway driver on the streets before you kill us all.....or at least a few of us.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #26
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek
Quote:
M54ccibo,

I have experienced it multiple times on the street -- I actually drive very, very aggressively and have had the brake fade occur within the city (due to multiple frequent hard slowdowns for turns or traffic avoidance), as well as on mountain roads coming up to corners (The Snake on Mulholland for example). The car is very heavy for the brakes, so they heat up quickly.

I need the increased stopping performance for sudden slowdowns on the freeway from ~140-150Mph speeds due to sudden traffic congestion, or possible inept drivers cutting me off and having no passing or longer braking distance options.
WTF??
How is anyone else inept when your doing 150mph on public roads??
You need to get to a track near you asap and go often.....after that you will stop driving like a getaway driver on the streets before you kill us all.....or at least a few of us.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 03:04 AM   #27
clubcsl
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL,M5 F10,M4 CS, Z4 M40i

Garage List
2003 BMW M3 CSL  [0.00]
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2019 BMW M4 CS  [0.00]
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Has anyone found a better pad for the M5 steel brakes ?

Unfortunately Mintex does not offer something.
Pagid RS29 is an option, but they are too aggressive for a street car.

www.clubcsl.com - I am a BMW Motorsport fan !

My youtube channel is here
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #28
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
M54ccibo,

WHy are driving at this speed on the freeway??
Appreciate 0