02-14-2014, 02:32 AM   #67
vishwen
Private First Class
Mauritius
Rep
Drives: MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
That's just not the right way to handle this. Jeez, he had already been quoted - it's ridiculous to change a post and not explain it. If I had made a 100 kph error in describing an accident I would have reposted immediately IN BOLD. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear nothing more from the OP.
correct it was a typing error , even that i even push the to 250 but not on this day .

so am letting all giving the point of view and also most of us driving the car fast when possible
330i M sport (2001) SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #68
vishwen
Private First Class
Mauritius
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Damn.. thats a small ass island.. probably the only F10 M5 in the entire country.

.. Are you going to be selling the Ceramic Brakes???
there was 4 but now 3 yes i will sell the ceramic and teh Acrapovic exhausr
330i M sport (2001) SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 02:42 AM   #69
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
First, I am def not getting hot. ...

This jerkoff,...

He almost killed at a minimum 3 innocent people and ran to this forum to blame his car for it and show us how cool the wreck is.

I will restate...this dude should have hung his head in shame and quietly apologized to everyone in the car, then the judge, and moved on with his life. Running to me for validation wasn't the best move.
State the basis for assuming did not apologize to his passengers, and point out exactly the line which shows he sought the forum's validation (as he clearly did not seek yours).

This was his earlier thread http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931337
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #70
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwen View Post
correct it was a typing error , even that i even push the to 250 but not on this day .

so am letting all giving the point of view and also most of us driving the car fast when possible
Thanks for the response, sorry I doubted that you would. None of us can really judge the difficulty of that curve from your pictures, at least I can't. 70+ mph is still plenty fast enough to lose control of a car and do serious damage. In fact, if the crash was at 216 kph, that car looks remarkably good. Is your first language French? If it is, merci bien pour la réponse et bon courage.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #71
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
CL did you replace your M5?
I bought an M6 cab for the wife to drive then after driving it a few times I got tired of the M5. So I went out and ordered an M6 comp pkg coupe. Then I switched the order up too late and ordered a second M6 coupe-lol! Then I changed my mind before they were delivered (one unhappy dealer with 2 M6s on the lot at the moment-yikes) and bought a C2S (the "darkside begins! ). Then a TT about a month ago, kept it for 6 days, took it back and ordered a TTS. I will have her at the end of April!

What a ride! Has me worn out. The TTS is the last car I will buy for a while. (I am going to keep telling myself this!)

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 10:06 AM   #72
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
CL did you replace your M5?
I bought an M6 cab for the wife to drive then after driving it a few times I got tired of the M5. So I went out and ordered an M6 comp pkg coupe. Then I switched the order up too late and ordered a second M6 coupe-lol! Then I changed my mind before they were delivered (one unhappy dealer with 2 M6s on the lot at the moment-yikes) and bought a C2S (the "darkside begins! ). Then a TT about a month ago, kept it for 6 days, took it back and ordered a TTS. I will have her at the end of April!

What a ride! Has me worn out. The TTS is the last car I will buy for a while. (I am going to keep telling myself this!)
Your dealer should be hating you
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #73
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post

The TTS is the last car I will buy for a while. (I am going to keep telling myself this!)
Hmmm; where was it I had read such a statement?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #74
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
The TTS is the last car I will buy for a while. (I am going to keep telling myself this!)
Wait until Vic keeps posting how much better a driver's car his GT3 is than his TTS... that's a thread I'm waiting for
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 03:13 AM   #75
vishwen
Private First Class
Mauritius
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
Thanks for the response, sorry I doubted that you would. None of us can really judge the difficulty of that curve from your pictures, at least I can't. 70+ mph is still plenty fast enough to lose control of a car and do serious damage. In fact, if the crash was at 216 kph, that car looks remarkably good. Is your first language French? If it is, merci bien pour la réponse et bon courage.
Salut a toi mon frere tu est tres gentil et te remercier beaucoup.

meme moi je ne peux rien dire de plus car en perdant une belle voiture comme ca , sa te laisse a deprimer.
330i M sport (2001) SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 04:12 AM   #76
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwen View Post
Salut a toi mon frere tu est tres gentil et te remercier beaucoup.

meme moi je ne peux rien dire de plus car en perdant une belle voiture comme ca , sa te laisse a deprimer.
Ne soyez pas déprimé, où il ya la vie, il ya de l'espoir. Gardez le sourire et bonne chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 05:00 AM   #77
vishwen
Private First Class
Mauritius
Rep

[QUOTE=Actor;15447571]Ne soyez pas déprimé, où il ya la vie, il ya de l'espoir. Gardez le sourire et bonne chance.[/QUOT

Merci a toi mo frere a car tu la seul persone a me comprendre.
330i M sport (2001) SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #78
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep

[QUOTE=vishwen;15447651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Ne soyez pas déprimé, où il ya la vie, il ya de l'espoir. Gardez le sourire et bonne chance.[/QUOT

Merci a toi mo frere a car tu la seul persone a me comprendre.
Vous êtes les bienvenus
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #79
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

everyone makes mistakes... All of us have... My only complaint is not to do it with 3 other people in the car...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #80
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkim85 View Post
I totally agree with you 100%.

But my point was that this whole thread's purpose is misleading some people into judging and lecturing the OP. In MY perspective, I thought it was nice of the OP to share his loss, and warn others about what can happen if your reckless (even with DSC on). He messed up, he probably feels like shit and wanted some sympathy from fellow forum members, but what he got in return was a lot of lecturing and bitchin.
Well said. If you go back to his original thread, he felt like crap and was hospitalised. This thread was to update the forum on news and to repost the pictures he had to remove for some unstated reason. It was an accident that could happen to any of us.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 08:26 AM   #81
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Anyone of you guys ever been to Mauritius?
I have.
It's impossible to drive hard without risking to kill some innocent bystanders. Roads are tight, slippery, and crowded. Plus people tend to build their houses smack next to the road. So lots of pedestrians and kids playing on the roads (no sidewalks whatsoever).
      02-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #82
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dude, chillax. Last time I checked, you weren't in the car with him so you don't know exactly what happened. Maybe a cute little squirrel ran out in front of him. We've all pushed these cars hard from time to time on public roads, there's always a time and a place. We just should be prepared for the consequences, and think about Murphy's Law when we do. "If it can happen, it will happen."
More sensible comments from RPi

And I am being serious not sarcastic here for the avoidance of doubt
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #83
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Don't read into this thread as a warning about DSC On. The DSC system when fully engaged is very impressive. Even in severe and adverse weather conditions (rain, snow, etc) the DSC system and the M Rear Differential are phenomenal and perform very well. I don't believe DSC On can fail you. The traction control systems in my M's and AMG's never have. MDM on the other hand absolutely can fail you. Many drivers look at it as a fail safe / safety net, and that's not exactly what it is. The MDM program has changed over the years.

MDM is another story as that DSC mode is basically DSC off, with a safety net, but doesn't reel the car in for the driver everytime. Extra caution is needed when traveling over different surfaces with MDM enabled. For example if you are rolling on asphalt and then roll over leaves and blip the throttle, you will easily kick the rear out. If you have ever constantly and completely drifted around a wet skid pad, you have to make corrections each time the wheels hit a dry patch of the polished concrete, and correct again when it reaches the wet. I find that MDM functions at its best when the driver takes corrective action, as it assists you while you do so. It doesn't save you all the time because it's allowing you that lee way instead of being too over protective as if it were programmed to be the latter, it becomes counter intuitive when using it on the track. So the MDM program doesn't always save you in all scenarios and it works best with the drivers input.

The F10 M5 MDM is much different than the E60 M5 MDM and E90 M3 MDM - all of these models have a different variation of MDM which is simply a module with software allowing an increased amount of slip. F10 M5 CP for example has an even more aggressive MDM mode than the standard M5. You always need to be aware and on your toes if you are driving in MDM mode. However with DSC On, you can be relaxed and count on the DSC system to reel in any slip, abort any excessive throttle input (such as if you apply too much throttle in the rain/wet road), etc.

Yes, the OP (the driver) stated he had DSC enabled. However due to the fact that he (understatement) grossly overestimated the capabilities of the M5 (and the law of physics), the DSC system could not prevent the accident.

The photos themselves easily tell the story of what happened. In fact if you look at the tire marks on the road, it looks as if the DSC system helped lessen the severity of the accident. It looks like when the driver lost control, the DSC cut off the throttle, routed power to the appropriate tires for optimal grip, and primed the brakes. If there was more street or no curb, the M5 probably would not of flipped. Unfortunately for the driver, the sloped curbs combined with excessive speed is the perfect storm that created a roll scenario. So this accident is 100% driver error.

So the point of this post is that the driver took the M5 way past what the chassis is capable of handling.. and there was really no saving it unless he were at an airfield or somewhere with lots of extra flat tarmac to spin out on.
Yes the DSC system is very impressive, but, on the track in the rain it was not able to compensate for my lack of driving ability (and I track cars frequently). The DSC could not keep the car straight at 100 mph in the rain. Luckily I was on a track and knew enough to pull out of the situation safely. You can't rely on the DSC to save you when the laws of physics disagree
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #84
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Shoot, I spun the 991 TT in the same manner the first day I had it and that was just from trying to change lanes from a stop and hitting the throttle too hard. I was trying to impress myself.-lol Ended up scaring myself half to death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie F10M View Post
Yes the DSC system is very impressive, but, on the track in the rain it was not able to compensate for my lack of driving ability (and I track cars frequently). The DSC could not keep the car straight at 100 mph in the rain. Luckily I was on a track and knew enough to pull out of the situation safely. You can't rely on the DSC to save you when the laws of physics disagree
+1. Traction control is not going to save you in cars this powerful, even at low speeds/part throttle. I've been surprised on a couple of occasions just how soon DSC needs to cut in, whereas a less powerful car could have been driven harder/faster in similar conditions.

And none of us can say with any certainty what happened in the OP's case with such limited evidence; we don't even have the full scene photos, so even if you had access to crash modelling s/w, there's not enough detail provided in this post to conclude anything. All I will say is that the damage on the car as shown could have occurred if it were travelling at much less than 70mph at the point that it rolled.

Last edited by Dionysus; 02-15-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0