BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #23
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Im only 34 and in my 20s i was the worst! My best friend and i even pulled a cab driver out of his car after we caught him at the light. I did a lot of dumb stuff too and thank God i didnt run into the wrong guy with more than just a bat if u know what i mean. As of now i had a guy the other day catch up with me at a light after some "spirited" driving to tell me...."why do you have to drive like that? Why do you have to make your car sound so loud?" And he was dead serious. The old me would say go f**k yourself but the new me just said...."because i can" and just drove away! I didnt buy an M5 beacause i like cruising at 20mph behind some slow POS car, i enjoy it every minute i can.
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #24
chong0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frcotting
Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413
Sorry to hear that. I am sure there are some people here also drive and own mini vans but I just have to say most of the mini van drivers are trouble makers on the road according to many scenarios I had came across in the past. Sorry, pick-ups are not any better.
For some reason, I've noticed that people who drive Town & Country's are the biggest A-holes. Strange but true.
That's funny I've noticed the same thing- it's as if the dads are extremely pissed they are driving these minivans.

couple that with some dads being overly protective and voila instant road rage

road rage dads plus a potential zombie outbreak is why I carry a machete in my trunk (partially kiddingĺ
'16 X5 50i M-sport (3rd row!)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #25
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

I had an incident once that taught me a great lesson, self-taught you might say. Many years ago in Berkeley when I was in college I was approaching an intersection and the light turned yellow - I debated whether or not I should go through but then I decided I better stop because I had enough time. The guy behind me apparently did not agree with my decision and laid on his horn a long time as if to tell me I should've run the light so that he could run the light too. I don't know what got into me because I'm normally mild-mannered, but something inside me snapped. I jumped out of my car and confronted the guy. He was in a little MG and really didn't know what to do with a crazy man standing in the street screaming at him. I stood over him cursing and yelling saying what the F is wrong with you - I'm not going to run a light because you want to. He just slumped down deeper into his car and said nothing. After I was finished venting I turned around to go get back in my car. However when I had jumped out of the car in a blind rage I had forgotten to set the parking brake and my car was slowly rolling across the intersection since it was a slight downslope. I went from self righteous anger to total humiliation in a millisecond. I had to chase down my car, open the door and hop in as it was rolling. I felt like the world's biggest idiot. Thank goodness at that moment there was no cross traffic and I was able to get in and sheepishly drive away with my tail between my legs.

I think about that time whenever some bonehead driver pulls some stupid move and I chuckle to myself and let it go. Since that self-inflicted lesson I have not come close to losing it on the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #26
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
So I had to deal with some road rage on a whole new level today. Today I was driving down a single lane road that was very straight, very flat and with no much traffic on it. There were two cars in front of me a big truck and a small van that was in front that was doing 40mph in a 60mph zone. With nobody coming in the other direction for at least a couple of miles, I decide to pass both of them. There was a proper dashed passing line on the road and it was all clear.

I only passed the van in front going about 80mph but I was at full throttle, which is a probably above 113db. So a few miles later I come up to the intersection with heavy traffic and red light. I have to make a left turn so I get in the left turn lane. The guy in the small van I passed catches up to me and gets right behind me. He then starts making frantic arm gestures and is holding up his phone and I could immediately tell he's calling 911. The light turns green and I can't accelerate because now there is a lot of traffic all around me. So I continue on to my destination and then I notice the dude in the van starts weaving through traffic to follow me. He starts making every turn that I make. So I was like ok, let's play. Instead of using my 700hp to make a quick getaway, I decide to have some fun with him instead and I ditch my route to my destination and start to drive around aimlessly. I drove through a Pizza Hut parking lot, a self serve car wash, a mall parking garage, and then I head out of town to the country. Lol! At this point he is still following me and more pissed than ever, so thanks to my excellent BMW iDrive Navigation, I come up with a route where I drive around some country roads in circles. I eventually lose him due to traffic, but he sure made an effort. I think I may have scared him with my car being so loud. I've never seen anything like that before. Anyways I got out of the area and didn't see a single cop or him again. What a lunatic. Have you guys ever seen that before? Lol!

Otherwise I've been getting crazy compliments, thumbs up, and random people taking cell phone pictures on my M5. I really is incredible in the sunlight. I think the general public loves it!
There is nothing wrong with passing somebody on the opposite lane as long as it's done safely, which you did, but it's something american drivers don't seem to see often or experience, but i wouldn't drive out of my way aimlessly to waste me time with somebody following me. I'd drive somewhere where the problem would be handles properly, legally and/or illegally.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #27
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Afster struggling through many of these incidents, I finally found the perfect accessory:

2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #28
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
In he NE its very common for someone to pretend they are calling 911. Iv had a lady try to read my plates to someone on the phone, but interestingly cops can not do anything as they did not witness the road rage. So they can "call" all they want, but cops will not respond.
Yep, cops can't even issue a warning. I actually look forward to these events, since I don't get enough exercise lately.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #29
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by frcotting View Post
For some reason, I've noticed that people who drive Town & Country's are the biggest A-holes. Strange but true.
If I drove a Town and Country I would feel inadequate and pissed off all the time too......
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #30
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
I had an incident once that taught me a great lesson, self-taught you might say. Many years ago in Berkeley when I was in college I was approaching an intersection and the light turned yellow - I debated whether or not I should go through but then I decided I better stop because I had enough time. The guy behind me apparently did not agree with my decision and laid on his horn a long time as if to tell me I should've run the light so that he could run the light too. I don't know what got into me because I'm normally mild-mannered, but something inside me snapped. I jumped out of my car and confronted the guy. He was in a little MG and really didn't know what to do with a crazy man standing in the street screaming at him. I stood over him cursing and yelling saying what the F is wrong with you - I'm not going to run a light because you want to. He just slumped down deeper into his car and said nothing. After I was finished venting I turned around to go get back in my car. However when I had jumped out of the car in a blind rage I had forgotten to set the parking brake and my car was slowly rolling across the intersection since it was a slight downslope. I went from self righteous anger to total humiliation in a millisecond. I had to chase down my car, open the door and hop in as it was rolling. I felt like the world's biggest idiot. Thank goodness at that moment there was no cross traffic and I was able to get in and sheepishly drive away with my tail between my legs.

I think about that time whenever some bonehead driver pulls some stupid move and I chuckle to myself and let it go. Since that self-inflicted lesson I have not come close to losing it on the road.
That's hilarious
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #31
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post

See I would have sat at the light till it turned yellow again and just before it turned red and them went. Just to really get the guy going.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #32
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Some B in an e46 convert called the cops on me because I took off from a stoplight. Cop pulled me over and said she's probably just mad bc you have a nicer Beemer.

On a side note I do keep my torque wrench behind the drivers seat just in case.
Appreciate 0