M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #23
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #24
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Right!?!? It just bothered this guy that I didn't have the plate on the car. Who are these people anyway? He directed me out of the line of traffic and just warned me with a grin on his face. Worse, its the same guys there all the time in the AM. They will be ticketing me every day. LOSER!

I'm not a LEO but I know many of them. These people are the ones who enforce the laws set by lawmakers. If you think the law is stupid (and it very well may be) blaming Police Officers or calling them LOSERS is an elitist attitude. Enjoy your M5.
Interesting point. BUT, when a cop stands a few miles from one of the murder capitals in the united states and wastes my time and his "enforcing" a front plate law, it still seems like nonsense to me.

Every NJ State and County Police officer should be immediately ordered out of the bushes on the NJTPK and into the hood in Newark to stop the civil war that's going on there. We have bigger issues than license plates. Elitist or not, the guy was a jerk. If anyone was being elitist it was him, not me. I was just trying to get to work to pay his salary.
That last part of your post really proved the point about you being elitist... Your tax dollar might go towards his salary. But that doesn't put you above the law or make you become a better person than the Police Officer!

You have knowingly put yourselves in a position where you are breaking the law, but since you feel it's a stupid law your opinion is that you should be allowed to do so. Where would you draw the line for other citizens freedom to be above the law?

And it's usually not as simple as just saying that every Officer should be where YOU think they would be of most use. Where are more people killed? In traffic accidents or in gang wars? Visible Police on the roads are one very effective way of fighting dangerous driving etc. I am glad that governments also see the need to fight traffic deaths and have Police there as well.

BTW, where I live drinking as much as you said and driving afterwards would be DUI...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #25
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

I can't tell you how many times I pulled someone over for a minor infraction and they ended up being a dangerous wanted felon who deserved to be put back in prison. Your view suggest that those officers should have something better to do. I guess everyone at the Mexico border should just drive on in w all their dope while removing American dollars back to Mexico. Sorry but you got it all wrong buddy. It's easy cleave your plate off so you can add extra dollars to the city/county
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #26
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
I can't tell you how many times I pulled someone over for a minor infraction and they ended up being a dangerous wanted felon who deserved to be put back in prison. Your view suggest that those officers should have something better to do. I guess everyone at the Mexico border should just drive on in w all their dope while removing American dollars back to Mexico. Sorry but you got it all wrong buddy. It's easy cleave your plate off so you can add extra dollars to the city/county
Well if you're saying that catching felons justifies pulling people over for minor traffic violations, then I say that's a very stupid way of going after felons.

Why not just train cops to pull over people who look like felons and give them the right to profile and pull over. This way a solid tax paying Brioni suited BMW driving guy like myself can go about his business while you pull over the gold chain wearing felons in their pimped out cars with dark tints and lowered suspensions.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #27
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Well if you're saying that catching felons justifies pulling people over for minor traffic violations, then I say that's a very stupid way of going after felons.

Why not just train cops to pull over people who look like felons and give them the right to profile and pull over. This way a solid tax paying Brioni suited BMW driving guy like myself can go about his business while you pull over the gold chain wearing felons in their pimped out cars with dark tints and lowered suspensions.
Hence the reason why I changed my tint. Didn't want to be a wanted felon to any cop anymore, at least on the East Coast. I already had a VA Cop call me a drug dealer even though I'm active duty military. Profiling at its finest. On the West Coast it was never a problem though. I miss the West Coast.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #28
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

Are you freakin kidding me.

Whatever, I guess I am a felon now, or just "dissreepectin" the law.

I ran into a jerkoff cop, that's it. Every profession has them.

Let's get back to the gas tank. Geez. you guys need a life.

PS, The plate is on! Thank god! Now we can all sleep at night.

Last edited by BMWonlyZone; 04-05-2014 at 12:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #29
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
You should hang out with the guy that warned me. I am sure you could solve the crime problem in this country finding the guys in M5's with no front plate.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #30
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
That last part of your post really proved the point about you being elitist... Your tax dollar might go towards his salary. But that doesn't put you above the law or make you become a better person than the Police Officer!

You have knowingly put yourselves in a position where you are breaking the law, but since you feel it's a stupid law your opinion is that you should be allowed to do so. Where would you draw the line for other citizens freedom to be above the law?

And it's usually not as simple as just saying that every Officer should be where YOU think they would be of most use. Where are more people killed? In traffic accidents or in gang wars? Visible Police on the roads are one very effective way of fighting dangerous driving etc. I am glad that governments also see the need to fight traffic deaths and have Police there as well.

BTW, where I live drinking as much as you said and driving afterwards would be DUI...
OK. Have to take these one at a time...

1. My tax dollars paying his salary are a fact. Do you disagree? You might somehow find it offensive, but it is indeed, a FACT! It makes HIM better that he has a badge.

2. Guilty! I am sooo guilty on this one. Sheesh.

3. You hardly have any place commenting on Police action in the USA> You can just spend some time focusing on your own problems in the EU. They are much worse than what we have here.

4. I am sure you would consider 2 glasses of wine driving drunk. You are European! I mean, working 30 hours a week for 9 months a year makes sense too!

Let's just agree to disagree. let's just get back to wheels, tires, and vibrating steering.

!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #31
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

I'd love to meet you all in person.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #32
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post

OK. Have to take these one at a time...

1. My tax dollars paying his salary are a fact. Do you disagree? You might somehow find it offensive, but it is indeed, a FACT! It makes HIM better that he has a badge.

2. Guilty! I am sooo guilty on this one. Sheesh.

3. You hardly have any place commenting on Police action in the USA> You can just spend some time focusing on your own problems in the EU. They are much worse than what we have here.

4. I am sure you would consider 2 glasses of wine driving drunk. You are European! I mean, working 30 hours a week for 9 months a year makes sense too!

Let's just agree to disagree. let's just get back to wheels, tires, and vibrating steering.

!!!!!!!
That reply made me smile 😄👍 No one doubts your tax dollars paying his salary. It's just so sad that you need to justify yourselves with that argument.

No need to comment on your "European comments", it kinda falls in line with your views on Police officers and other things you feel you are better than...

Here is a clip from Norwegian Police arresting a drunk, it apparently has become quite popular...

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #33
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post

That's not what I said stealth. I never suggested targeting anyone. If you observe a minor infraction, investigate it sometimes it turns into larger more serious situation. It's easy for some of you guys to think what the officers role is when you have no clue. If you haven't been in that job position your clueless and don't know what their responsibilities are.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 06:24 AM   #34
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
You should hang out with the guy that warned me. I am sure you could solve the crime problem in this country finding the guys in M5's with no front plate.
Clueless so you now lump every officer into being a knucklehead. Just because they have that job doesn't mean they should have the job. Funny

Last edited by boots; 04-05-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #35
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That's not what I said stealth. I never suggested targeting anyone. If you observe a minor infraction, investigate it sometimes it turns into larger more serious situation. It's easy for some of you guys to think what the officers role is when you have no clue. If you haven't been in that job position your clueless and don't know what their responsibilities are.
I know you didn't say that. But I am saying that. I support profiling as a means of avoiding pulling over regular people. I just don't think that the definition of profiling is pulling people over that don't have a front plate on a high end car. We all know why they do that. Profiling is looking at behavioral and attire related signals which correlate to criminal activity. BTW the TSA is doing this now and it has cut back on random screenings dramatically.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #36
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:

Hence the reason why I changed my tint. Didn't want to be a wanted felon to any cop anymore, at least on the East Coast. I already had a VA Cop call me a drug dealer even though I'm active duty military. Profiling at its finest. On the West Coast it was never a problem though. I miss the West Coast.
Yeah I think it was a good move on the tint. Don't want to make yourself look like someone you're not.

Do you also have military plates? I would imagine those would also help.
http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/dmv206.pdf

I hope you reported that cop. Sounds like a racist.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 07:56 AM   #37
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Stealth I surely don't know what a felon looks like and I don't support profiling. But I'm not going to get into a debate w anyone in this topic.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #38
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Stealth I surely don't know what a felon looks like and I don't support profiling. But I'm not going to get into a debate w anyone in this topic.
That's cos you haven't been trained to do it. People can be trained to profile criminals. The Homeland Security operation depends on this approach and if it works for them, then why should law enforcement be dumbed down for police.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #39
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
That's cos you haven't been trained to do it. People can be trained to profile criminals. The Homeland Security operation depends on this approach and if it works for them, then why should law enforcement be dumbed down for police.
Stealth your too much. I'm glad u know what my training existed of and what my experience was. Done
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #40
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

It has been good fun reading this post, and I'm quite proud to have been part of it! In fact, I've had so much fun, I feel the need to "rope start" a bit more...

1. When a cop stops me for no front license plate, he's "worrying about fire ants while elephants are stomping down the barn"...
2. Elitist? Yes. Your point?
3. As for the two glasses of wine being fodder for a DUI on the other side of the pond, certainly, we have many differences; thus our decision to declare independence... Heck, over here (at least in the great state of Texas) many of us legally (licensed) carry a concealed weapon the vast majority of the time. Now I know you gents on the other side of the pond don't do that... Heck, even my brethren in the NE don't do much of that...

Let's just acknowledge our differences, and try to stick to talking about M5s... though this is doggone fun...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #41
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
It has been good fun reading this post, and I'm quite proud to have been part of it! In fact, I've had so much fun, I feel the need to "rope start" a bit more...

1. When a cop stops me for no front license plate, he's "worrying about fire ants while elephants are stomping down the barn"...
2. Elitist? Yes. Your point?
3. As for the two glasses of wine being fodder for a DUI on the other side of the pond, certainly, we have many differences; thus our decision to declare independence... Heck, over here (at least in the great state of Texas) many of us legally (licensed) carry a concealed weapon the vast majority of the time. Now I know you gents on the other side of the pond don't do that... Heck, even my brethren in the NE don't do much of that...

Let's just acknowledge our differences, and try to stick to talking about M5s... though this is doggone fun...
Differences?? Sounds like you and I think exactly the same!

God Bless America, and the Men and Women who serve, have served, and will serve her.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #42
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
Differences?? Sounds like you and I think exactly the same!

God Bless America, and the Men and Women who serve, have served, and will serve her.
Amen
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #43
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Stealth your too much. I'm glad u know what my training existed of and what my experience was. Done
I was just reacting to your comment that you don't know what a felon looks like. If you don't know it then it was reasonable to infer that you either haven't been trained on that the training wasn't very good.

Profiling has a bad reputation because it has been done badly in the past. Profiling is a combination of behavioral, psychological and tactical observations. I have to believe it is possible to tell the difference between a guy who just doesn't want to ruin the lines of his M5 and a guy who is trying to evade the cops.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #44
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I was just reacting to your comment that you don't know what a felon looks like. If you don't know it then it was reasonable to infer that you either haven't been trained on that the training wasn't very good.

Profiling has a bad reputation because it has been done badly in the past. Profiling is a combination of behavioral, psychological and tactical observations. I have to believe it is possible to tell the difference between a guy who just doesn't want to ruin the lines of his M5 and a guy who is trying to evade the cops.
^. Best post of the thread-the last sentence in particular...
Appreciate 0