M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Dolt
Rep
Drives: 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Very frustrated with BMW salesperson follow up

I am really disappointed at the apparent apathy of BMW CA's. I have been trying to find the car I want and negotiate a deal with dealers from the east coast to LA and the lack of follow up, answers to questions and absence of promised return phone calls and emails etc is amazing. These guys must just be so buried in business that they do not need my sale, but I find this a little hard to believe.

My local dealer never had someone get back to me. I called four to five times and sent two emails. Many others have never gotten back to me when they said they were going to and I have to end up calling them back myself. I had a guy that was supposed to call me last night after discussing potential pricing with this sales manager and never called me back after promising me to get back to me last night. I gave it 24 hours and called him this evening and got his voicemail. I even tried to get ahold of David Aviles that everyone here can not say enough good things about and he never got ahold of me after I called and sent an email.

Sorry to vent, but I just want to get the right car and can not seem to find anyone who wants to sell it to me! Unfortunately I know the specific options I want and the number of ideal cars in the country is limited. I also do not want to wait to order as I need to get rid of my current car asap. Any advice is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolt View Post
Unfortunately I know the specific options I want and the number of ideal cars in the country is limited. I also do not want to wait to order as I need to get rid of my current car asap. Any advice is much appreciated.
You summed it up right there in that last paragraph.

Dealers are going to want to sell the inventory that they have in stock first. I would guess that only a hungry sales person would search out your perfect vehicle if he didn't have it on the lot. Then they have to arrange the trade/transfer between the dealerships.

If you can't wait to order your car that isn't the fault of the dealership. No disrespect intended, but why can't you just extend and keep your ride for a couple of months while you order exactly what you want?

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Dolt
Rep

That is just it, I am only calling dealerships that have exactly what I want in stock. They still do not seem to be able to work a deal with follow through.

It does not seem necessary to wait as there are several cars that meet my needs for sale all over the country.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Ahh, gotcha. I didn't know that they were sitting on inventory that you were interested in.

Well, in that case... If your local dealership has a car you want, go down there and see it. Stop trying to do everything the easy way

Plus, once you're down there you can use the line "I'll walk outta here right now!!!!"

Seriously, you need to make a visit in person to the dealership if they are local. As for the dealers far away.... I guess it is just their loss.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #5
quitethesnapper
bimmerlover
Canada
Rep
Drives: the panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolt
I am really disappointed at the apparent apathy of BMW CA's. I have been trying to find the car I want and negotiate a deal with dealers from the east coast to LA and the lack of follow up, answers to questions and absence of promised return phone calls and emails etc is amazing. These guys must just be so buried in business that they do not need my sale, but I find this a little hard to believe.

My local dealer never had someone get back to me. I called four to five times and sent two emails. Many others have never gotten back to me when they said they were going to and I have to end up calling them back myself. I had a guy that was supposed to call me last night after discussing potential pricing with this sales manager and never called me back after promising me to get back to me last night. I gave it 24 hours and called him this evening and got his voicemail. I even tried to get ahold of David Aviles that everyone here can not say enough good things about and he never got ahold of me after I called and sent an email.

Sorry to vent, but I just want to get the right car and can not seem to find anyone who wants to sell it to me! Unfortunately I know the specific options I want and the number of ideal cars in the country is limited. I also do not want to wait to order as I need to get rid of my current car asap. Any advice is much appreciated.
Reach out to GOLFFRR on the forum. I think it's Steve Thomas BMW. I've read nothing but great things about them.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Well, in that case... If your local dealership has a car you want, go down there and see it. Stop trying to do everything the easy way
Agree.

I can't speak for all the dealers you spoke to, but I called my CA last week and he said they've been swamped for the last few weeks. Seems there's a lot of pent up demand after the crazy winter we've had. The dealers will always give preference to the customers in the store ready to buy versus they guy on the phone.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:

First of all with these cars selling $1000-1500 near invoice, the CA probably doesn't make much on a sale, especially if its a dealer swap. So the lack of response is a consequence of lack of margin. If they were making $5-10k like Porsche dealers, they would be falling over themselves to call back.

Second, the lease deals on M5s are so good now that the demand is strong.

This said, I have always had good response from some of the online board sponsoring dealers. The 2 guys I have used in past are Adrian Avila in Atlanta (adriansbmw@gmail.com) and Greg Poland at Pacific BMW (gregpoland@pacificbmw.com). Both are usually very responsive. I know Adrian was able to work a dealer swap for a friend of mine. Bear in mind that doing this does raise the price due to margin stacking (although it seems you are prepared for that within reason).
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
Dolt
Rep

The local guys were the only ones who did not have the right car. I just contacted them to try to give them a chance to find me a car. I always feel bad showing up for service there with cars I have bought elsewhere. They are just a really small dealership and do not usually have much in stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
Dolt
Rep

I have tried to reach out to GOLFFRR (David Aviles if I am not mistaken) at Steve Thomas and have not heard anything back. It may just be that they do not have anything in stock, at least per their website. He seems to be a good guy so I assume that there is good reason he has not gotten in touch.
It does not appear that Pacific has any M5s in stock either, again at least not on their website.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #10
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

How smooth is buying a car from Greg for example and getting it delivered in Michigan where Dolt is from??
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Dolt
Rep

Stealth.pilot may be on to something. My expectations may be shaped by my Porsche purchases. My last three cars I have bought new have been Porsches and I am used to the responsiveness of their salespeople. Not to say that they do not have their duds as well, but on the average they do seem to be a bit more motivated.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
How smooth is buying a car from Greg for example and getting it delivered in Michigan where Dolt is from??
I don't know if Greg has shipped cars, but I would imagine he has. I know Adrian often ships cars to out of state customers. He handles everything.

There is an even easier option. Closed container shipping from CA to MI is probably $1000-1500. Most local dealers will do a courtesy delivery for $500-1000. A courtesy delivery is where BMW delivers the car to a different dealer than the selling dealer, and the selling dealer charges a fee to the customer to receive the car. Obviously it costs the receiving dealer nothing, BMW doesn't care where they deliver the car, so it's often an optimal solution in these situations where you prefer to buy from an out of state dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 06:44 AM   #13
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:

If you have tried to reach out to David and he didn't get back to you please let me know. I personally am available pretty much all the time till 7pm everyday and will reply within 5 min. If I don't reply I am either sleeping or don't have cell service and will get back to you ASAP.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. However if you are not willing to order a car and like you state you need a car asap and we don't have it on the lot then its apparent we can not help you at this time.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #14
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
I have tried to reach out to GOLFFRR (David Aviles if I am not mistaken) at Steve Thomas and have not heard anything back.
I apologize if I missed it but I went through my pm's from the last 2 weeks and I have nothing from you? Are you sure you PM'd me GOLFFRR? Either way sounds like you are looking for a in stock car that is exactly what your looking for which we must not have which is a bummer, however if you change your mind and are willing to order please let me know I would love a chance to earn your business.

If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #15
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Century West has that very rare yellow M5 in stock if you are interested.
      04-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #16
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Greg ships all over the country. He is the best !

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #17
Susoa
4 Star General
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC

I was at a dealership this weekend and heard that all the 2014 allocations are takin! Wonder if this is correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #18
cassidysdad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 gone, 2016 pms m5

i used ali delareza
at alexander bmw in los angeles
he was awesome
he can also ship cars
he was working on a deal for my brother in law in chicago which fell through
good luck
a thousand dollars is a thousand dollars
i would never go back to those guys ever
business is business
a profit is a profit
they all add up
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #19
Dolt
Rep

I did not PM but used the email in your sig and called the dealer for you directly and left a message. No worries though. I am sure something must have happened. It seems like it may not be an issue though as I am looking for something soon and you are unfortunately out of stock currently. I will definitely keep you in mind for next time around! Thanks again for reaching out.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #20
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^No worries, I am actually not David Aviles, I am Jimmy David is our internet sales director.

Def PM me next time you need anything and I will makes sure you get whatever you need. Good luck with your search!

Appreciate 0