F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Just revealed 2014 Lexus IS F-Sport Compared to BMW F30 3 Series M Sport
Extreme Powerhouse

02-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #309
ktula
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31

Garage List
Lexus, continuing its proud tradition of making ugly cars

When you are desperate for inspiration, sometimes, you have to dig deep.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #310
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA B5 View Post
to be honest, the bmw sales and service team in my country is so stuck up and piss poor due to really good sales, adding to the numerous complaints of the locally assembled bmw's.... im really tempted to jump overboard to lexus, where they really treat you like a customer that spent USD100k on his car. while its no beauty its rather interesting imo. even if you're not a fan of the exterior the interior of the lexus beats the BMW's plasticky spartan interior anyday. Only thing left to determine is how it drives. The only saving grace for the BMW is the option of a manual or a 8-speeder for the smaller engines, and it uses a proper handbrake. But as BMW's are all sold as normal automatic's and comes with a singular crap spec in Malaysia (no such thing as the F30 M-Sport here)...the gap is even smaller

having said that.... I almost converted into a Volvo S60/V60 because its as well equipped as a 7 series in malaysia.
No Proton?

I think the BMW interior is fine now. We have a 2010 IS and the 3 series interior is every bit as good.

But I am not as opposed to the look of the new IS as others are. At least they're doing something different.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #311
ALPINA B5
Banned
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: the subway. otherwise the bmw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
No Proton?

I think the BMW interior is fine now. We have a 2010 IS and the 3 series interior is every bit as good.

But I am not as opposed to the look of the new IS as others are. At least they're doing something different.
ah haha. the symbol of corruption in my country. its good but not as great as some would think. malaysia due to the various screwed up laws, the cars are assembled here (basically shipping the parts from germany and then making the car in malaysia) to enable it to become more affordable, often leading to catastrophic circumstances.

i like the new IS. but problem is its never going to be an Altezza (the perfect car for someone who just ditched his impreza in the 2000's, slightly grown up image but can still be fun).
Appreciate 0