Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Powersliding in Eff/Comfort/Comfort/Full Traction Control

Well I'm going to put this down as a first for me and ask if anyone else has had this experience yet.

So I am running around in Efficient / Comfort / Comfort / Full Traction Control as the title implies, and I pull out heading north from this intersection.

Now granted, there is a bit of an elevation change up onto the road, but I pull out, see some headlight pop over the bridge to my left (behind me) out of the corner of my eye and I got on the gas. Well next thing I realize is I am in a short powerslide and I can literally feel a good solid prolong shift of traction from left rear wheel to right rear wheel. Now during this time, no reduction of engine power occurred and I was in a nice controlled slide left, then right. After what seemed like a couple of seconds, I lightly let off the gas evened it out and zoomed on.

I loved every moment of it , but the wife = not so impressed. I was plenty far away from the car that I glimpsed out of the corner of my eye and no cars around me so I wouldn't count myself as being particularly dangerous.

Doing this in MDM at various other locations is kind of old hat, but has anyone else had such an experience in what I call full nanny mode?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Yes, I find MDM mode in the F10 gives much more latitude to break the rear loose than the E60.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0