M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

01-03-2017, 05:26 AM   #1
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 60i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Phone lead

Hi Guys

New ish to this site so sorry if this has been covered before. I live in the UK and have just picked up my new M5 on the 23rd December.

I have been reading about the phone cradle and the issues around them especially if using a phone cover as I do for the iphone 6s so I was wondering if there was a lead that you can buy as opposed to the cradle?

If yes then where can I get one please?

Cheers, Russell.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japseroony View Post
Hi Guys

New ish to this site so sorry if this has been covered before. I live in the UK and have just picked up my new M5 on the 23rd December.

I have been reading about the phone cradle and the issues around them especially if using a phone cover as I do for the iphone 6s so I was wondering if there was a lead that you can buy as opposed to the cradle?

If yes then where can I get one please?

Cheers, Russell.
BMW makes universal cradles for Android and iPhone devices. They have a clip that holds the phone in place and a cable that connects to the phone.

Just search BMW's accessories catalog and you'll find them.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 01:56 AM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

You can always use OEM usb cable.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #4
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
I have my ipod plugged into the USB socket but wish to use the phone for the office and extra antenna facilities if possible? Hence I wondered if there was a cable available as opposed to the snap in adapter?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I have my ipod plugged into the USB socket but wish to use the phone for the office and extra antenna facilities if possible? Hence I wondered if there was a cable available as opposed to the snap in adapter?
The USB port is used for vehicle antenna. Office functionality can be used via BT.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #6
Japseroony
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 BMW X7 60i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
The USB port is used for vehicle antenna. Office functionality can be used via BT.
Thank you for confirming this - actually downloaded the app yesterday and can lock/unlock the vehicle and turn on/off the lights as well as the ventilation from my phone now lol.

My problem is I have my ipod connected to the USB so was wanting a lead from the other socket under the dummy snap in cradle if possible but heyho maybe can't do that.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #7
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for confirming this - actually downloaded the app yesterday and can lock/unlock the vehicle and turn on/off the lights as well as the ventilation from my phone now lol.

My problem is I have my ipod connected to the USB so was wanting a lead from the other socket under the dummy snap in cradle if possible but heyho maybe can't do that.
You can purchase or make your own adapter if you have actual phone plate. I have not tried, but another option maybe using splitter.
Appreciate 0