M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Closed Thread

08-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #67
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

I still miss the supercharged motor in my E55 - what a great powerhouse! I always said a great car would have been the blown E55 mill in my E60 M5 chassis.
      08-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #68
Omar
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbimmer View Post
I think you're overreacting. I'm just pointing out that the absence of HUD does not mean AMG has "dark age" technology. Also while I personally not crazy about the looks of CLS, I do think that AMG engines are great. And I'm not alone. Clarkson agrees with me

Also the reason there are "plenty of CLS 63" is because unlike BMW MB brings the cars early and releases them on time to their loyal customers.
Well said! I think some people are missing the point that there is no customer service from BMW. People who are representative of BMW in this list should take the comments seriously and fix the issues rather than becoming combative with the customers.

MB had the same isssues in late 90s. They lost most of their customers, including me. Now they are trying to fix many of the customer service issues they had. It is taking them a long time to salvage their image. If BMW does not realize these issues are paramount to the customers they will have the same experience.

There are many great cars out there. The competition is stiff. I test drove the new 9/11 today and I was amazed with the handling of that car. The whole experience with the dealership was class A.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 06:58 AM   #69
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

I don't see or hear of too many people going through all of this for an AMG. I am buying a car not presales support. Only service I care about is from the service dept.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #70
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Guys, I visited my dealer today to sign my paperwork for my ED F10 M5. We're talking about all the hold stuff going on right now for the U.S. Deliveries, and it appears that BMW will be looking for a launch of U.S. Deliveries on 9/1 as originally stated back in May this year. However, they may release them early only if their numbers for August sales are not where they want them to be. So, in other words they may release the M5's early to count towards August sales in order to out sell Audi, Mercedes, and the like. This seems very plausible to me, and I thought that I would share this with the community.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #71
jmoto
Rep
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey M5

According to their website, CARB certification is done. I'll post once I hear from my CA that car was released to transport.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #72
jmoto
Rep
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey M5

Actually the executive order says executive order was signed on the 13th of august. Unless there are other holdups we don't know about, looks like a coordinated release is a very possible explanation.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #73
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoto
Actually the executive order says executive order was signed on the 13th of august. Unless there are other holdups we don't know about, looks like a coordinated release is a very possible explanation.
Oh the pain!!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #74
M3JHWK
Nutter
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Now that the info has been officially posted, everyone go pester your dealers to coax further info from BMW NA. A September 1st launch makes no sense, we shouldn't have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #75
Omar
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Need to write letters of complaint to BMW

Wouldn't that be great if we all cancel our orders in protest if the cars are not delivered this week?

I suggest we all write a letter of complaint to BMW NA even if our cars are delivered this week. They need to hear from their loyal customers.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #76
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

+100....thatll be nice if we all cancel the M5 orders and let the cars sit on dealers lot for months. With winter around the corner....these will be sitting at the lot and licking dust. Nice way to teach them a lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Wouldn't that be great if we all cancel our orders in protest if the cars are not delivered this week?

I suggest we all write a letter of complaint to BMW NA even if our cars are delivered this week. They need to hear from their loyal customers.
      08-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #77
cmhsam
Major
Rep

From what I have been told BMW will do what they want around their timelines. They are very stringent and are not flexible. As a company they have a right to do what they feel is in the best interest for their company while balancing the right level of customer experience. If waiting until for another 10-11 days to get your car is so difficult then maybe BMW isnt the right choice. You wont regret the decision to wait.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #78
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The point is BMW as a company has failed and they have been hiding this information about the release dates. Every one here is just speculating without any evidence to back it up. The dealers have no clue , and they are kept in dark and saying same EPA stuff is delaying the launch. What can't BMW has the balls to come out and send a bulletin to all the dealers about the realse date.
This is just greedy business.....and our cars are sitting at the port for weeks and licking dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
From what I have been told BMW will do what they want around their timelines. They are very stringent and are not flexible. As a company they have a right to do what they feel is in the best interest for their company while balancing the right level of customer experience. If waiting until for another 10-11 days to get your car is so difficult then maybe BMW isnt the right choice. You wont regret the decision to wait.
      08-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #79
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy
The point is BMW as a company has failed and they have been hiding this information about the release dates. Every one here is just speculating without any evidence to back it up. The dealers have no clue , and they are kept in dark and saying same EPA stuff is delaying the launch. What can't BMW has the balls to come out and send a bulletin to all the dealers about the realse date.
This is just greedy business.....and our cars are sitting at the port for weeks and licking dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
When did BMW ever say anything to lead you to believe it would be delivered before 9/1? I think dealers starting speculating and setting expectations without having all the info. I wouldn't blame BMW but your dealer. My thought process is unless it's officially announced by the manufacturer it's all rumor and hearsay. I compare it to Apple product launches. There are several rumor sites and people that have "inside info" and people get excited and then upset or disappointed when the information they read or have been given is incorrect
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #80
dkoren
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 - 6spd

Believe me, I want my car 2 weeks ago too, but I'm not sure how BMW holding *THEIR* cars until they are ready to do a launch is greedy business? Remember, until you sign the paper work BMW still owns the cars.

Wouldn't greedy business be releasing the cars as soon as possible ignoring any business plans and just going to get their money as quickly as they can for the cars?

In the end, they have a business plan, they want to release the cars at a specific time, maybe that was a hold for a date, EPA/CARB, the planets to align, enough cars to get to the US, who knows. But the point is they are under no obligation to release them just because they are sitting at the port. In fact, every day they sit at the port costs BMW money. Clearly this means they are being forced to, or are willing to, hold off launch until what ever requirements are met.

The information we're all getting is coming from various sources, CAs, BMWNA Customer Support, friends inside BMWNA, etc. It is clear that everything is just educated guesses right now.

If you really are that upset about it, call your dealer, cancel your order and vote with your money. I personally will pick up my car as soon as it hits my dealer. Even if that's another month from now. I don't think it's the end of the world to wait a few more days or weeks, because honestly I'm going to forget about the wait with a single push of that starter button.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #81
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

honestly, life must be really really good for some people to get so worked up over this. relax, they will be here. what's a couple weeks in years of ownership down the road. if you can't wait, then make a statement, cancel your order and move on. its that simple.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #82
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It's easy for you guys doing ED as you have your mindset for the 09/1 release. I am sure if you guys were picking up your cars here n the US, you would have been crying / bitching about it...simple !

Again I have been hearing this about the 09/1 released info but none could provide the link or any info about it. You just are guessing that it'll be released with ED date. One dealer can be wrong but not all dealers in the US can be wrong and I contacted at least 50 dealers to get the deal and everyone told me the cars will be delivered ASAP. None told me that delivery date for US orders is 09/1.....
      08-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #83
JaSTL
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Maybe it is the lack of information that is driving people crazy. If they were clear and stated when in fact the cars would be released that would be helpful. The biggest thing people don't like is uncertainty. I don't mind waiting be at least let me know how long. To think that every day could be the day is tiring.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #84
M5DDS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 (In Production)

The first question I asked when I ordered my car was, "When will it be ready for pick up?". The answer was given to me in quite a matter of fact tone of voice with no hesitation or speculative manner. This is what is upsetting the M5 customer, not the fact that we have to wait. Waiting is no big deal. It is the fact that we were told something and BMW couldn't deliver, figuratively and physically. BMW NA, the CAs, sales managers are all in the same sinking boat. None of them are aware of what is happening with the M5s release. This should say something about what type of company BMW is. Is it worth it to wait a few weeks after we were expecting to take delivery? Of course. Will we be happy about it? Of course not. I'm willing to bet that sales may reflect our disappointment in this company, albeit, an indiscernible decrease.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #85
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSTL View Post
Maybe it is the lack of information that is driving people crazy. If they were clear and stated when in fact the cars would be released that would be helpful. The biggest thing people don't like is uncertainty. I don't mind waiting be at least let me know how long. To think that every day could be the day is tiring.
      08-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #86
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

+1

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5DDS View Post
The first question I asked when I ordered my car was, "When will it be ready for pick up?". The answer was given to me in quite a matter of fact tone of voice with no hesitation or speculative manner. This is what is upsetting the M5 customer, not the fact that we have to wait. Waiting is no big deal. It is the fact that we were told something and BMW couldn't deliver, figuratively and physically. BMW NA, the CAs, sales managers are all in the same sinking boat. None of them are aware of what is happening with the M5s release. This should say something about what type of company BMW is. Is it worth it to wait a few weeks after we were expecting to take delivery? Of course. Will we be happy about it? Of course not. I'm willing to bet that sales may reflect our disappointment in this company, albeit, an indiscernible decrease.
      08-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #87
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy View Post
It's easy for you guys doing ED as you have your mindset for the 09/1 release. I am sure if you guys were picking up your cars here n the US, you would have been crying / bitching about it...simple !

Again I have been hearing this about the 09/1 released info but none could provide the link or any info about it. You just are guessing that it'll be released with ED date. One dealer can be wrong but not all dealers in the US can be wrong and I contacted at least 50 dealers to get the deal and everyone told me the cars will be delivered ASAP. None told me that delivery date for US orders is 09/1.....
ASAP = As Soon As Possible. Obviously it hasn't reach the point of "possible". When that date comes is anyone's guess at this point. Lack of information makes the wait even longer. As previous people have pointed out if you are so upset and are not willing to work on BMW's Timeline, whatever that may be, then cancel your order.

As far as being a ED customer and knowing I will have a pickup date of 9/1, yes I have a confirmed pickup date in Munich, not the US. The car still has to be shipped back to the US from Munich. My CA did not tell me the car will be here by this week if you drop if off on this date. He said it will be here ASAP once you drop the car off. That could take four weeks, it could take six. The difference is that he hasnt committed to anything since its out of his control.

If your issue is that you have to wait for a $100K car its a good problem to have. Most people have bigger problems than this. I got 99 problems but the "wait" isnt one.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #88
racer10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy View Post

My dealer told me 2 weeks ago that he believed it would be 9/1. Maybe he was guessing , maybe he wasn't.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread