M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
Quicksilver72
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP Individual

Random CELs & Dinan Equipment

I'm running DINANTRONICS Stage 2 + Cold Air Intakes and would experience CELs occuring at random intervals. At first it was thought they were related to not having the latest firmware/software in the DINANTRONICS a Stage 2. This was not the case. It turns out that the CAI is the culprit. The CELs were triggered by the ECU registering 'excess airflow.' Fortunately Dinan has a fix for this & I will be returning to Prestige BMW to get it installed.

--Ray
2014 F10 M5 Individual, Azurite Black, Competition Package, 20" 601 M Wheels, Ai Custom Laser Interceptor & BelSTiR Radar Package, Bang & Olufsen Stereo, Heads Up Display, Executive Package, Driver's Assistance Package, LED Lighting Package, DINANTRONICS Stage 2, Dinan Cold Air intake, Akrapovic Exhaust. Dyno'd 622RWHP.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver72
I'm running DINANTRONICS Stage 2 + Cold Air Intakes and would experience CELs occuring at random intervals. At first it was thought they were related to not having the latest firmware/software in the DINANTRONICS a Stage 2. This was not the case. It turns out that the CAI is the culprit. The CELs were triggered by the ECU registering 'excess airflow.' Fortunately Dinan has a fix for this & I will be returning to Prestige BMW to get it installed.

--Ray
Do you have the round air filters or the odd shaped ones ? I also had a cel and they sent me a new air filter design that solved the cel. You want the round ones w/ out the Dinan logo.
      12-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Quicksilver72
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Do you have the round air filters or the odd shaped ones ? I also had a cel and they sent me a new air filter design that solved the cel. You want the round ones w/ out the Dinan logo.
Thanks for the information. IIRC I have the 'odd shape' air filters. When I first contacted Dinan this wasn't mentioned as a possibility for my random CEL problem. And if they knew this was a problem why didn't they give their dealers a heads up? I really don't need this aggravation.

--Ray
2014 F10 M5 Individual, Azurite Black, Competition Package, 20" 601 M Wheels, Ai Custom Laser Interceptor & BelSTiR Radar Package, Bang & Olufsen Stereo, Heads Up Display, Executive Package, Driver's Assistance Package, LED Lighting Package, DINANTRONICS Stage 2, Dinan Cold Air intake, Akrapovic Exhaust. Dyno'd 622RWHP.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Quicksilver72
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Prestige has ordered the replacement air boxes from Dinan. Thanks again for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Glad it all worked out for you.
Appreciate 0