M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Question for those with Dinan Sway Bars

Is your car a Comp pack?

How do you like the kit?

Where do you live/drive?

How much more stiff is the suspension now?

Did the bars make going over bumps more 'dramatic'?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Comp Pack: Yes
Do I Like the Kit: Yes
Where do I live: Houston/Suburbs - hwy and back roads
Stiff?: I did both the suspension and the sways at the same time so it's hard for me to tell what is doing what... BUT i could assume that the sways are what made my car feel more planted - less body roll and flex. (suspension and some part too). @Stealth.pilot who only has sways. Maybe he would be better to comment.

Bumps: No issue here.

I have noticed that since installing the Dinan that I do get an odd vibration sound through my steering colum. I had a vibration before the Dinan that would make the wheel vibrate like crazy but that is now gone. The new vibration is more of a sound only (sounds like the plastic around the steering colum/just below the steering steeringwheel) wants to vibrate off). I know another member has also experianced this sound but his is much worse than mine. I cant really confirm its the Dinan and it happens so rarely that i have not investigated it further. Anyone else have this sound w/ or with out the Dinan setup?
      12-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Thanks Spinny!

I was hoping you were going to respond.

How are you enjoying the Dinan tune?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Thanks Spinny!

I was hoping you were going to respond.

How are you enjoying the Dinan tune?
Very much so. The power is insane. I am able to hit the limiter often. The car does have a problem when you hit 165 ( on speedo) it gets starved for fuel and throws a drive train mal. If you don't stay at 165 then it's a null issue. Dinan support thinks it may be a bad fuel pump. The dealer is looking in to this.

I have done some research and another forum member confirmed that there is a map that BMW has that is actually cutting the fuel making this happen. So we have to get a real tune to correct this from happening. So just don't hang out at 165 ( speedo) very long =). ( note BMS users have noted the same issue)
      12-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Very much so. The power is insane. I am able to hit the limiter often. The car does have a problem when you hit 165 ( on speedo) it gets starved for fuel and throws a drive train mal. If you don't stay at 165 then it's a null issue. Dinan support thinks it may be a bad fuel pump. The dealer is looking in to this.

I have done some research and another forum member confirmed that there is a map that BMW has that is actually cutting the fuel making this happen. So we have to get a real tune to correct this from happening. So just don't hang out at 165 ( speedo) very long =). ( note BMS users have noted the same issue)
Thanks bud! I hit this limit yesterday. Isn't this the BMW governor to limit the speed?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post

Thanks bud! I hit this limit yesterday. Isn't this the BMW governor to limit the speed?
Yes, don't really have much info on the map and why it does what it does but all the codes show that it is cutting the fuel. Since a BMS user also has this problem I would assume it maybe a safeguard on HP/TQ or something ??? I am sure a much smarter member has the correct answer on what is going on. The few with a real tune don't have this issue because this map was able to be edited in order to have the fuel not cut off.
      01-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
alienstudio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP | G05 X5 40i

Is there any weight advantage with the dinan sway compared to the cp sway?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #8
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienstudio View Post
Is there any weight advantage with the dinan sway compared to the cp sway?
Yeah, the Dinan's are lighter. The weights are listed on Dinan's site.
Appreciate 0