Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Uhm, not the be the insensitive bastard of the group, but...

Why exactly do we need a fund raiser? Is his insurance not going to cover the damage?
I'm with you, to me is silly and disrespectful attitude.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #25
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
Wow, offline for 18 hours and missing so much!

1) Of course I am in for a fundraiser for Mika, see my reply on the OP vandalism post. My understanding that we would have to chip in for the deductible and whatever else Dave is stuck with. More a matter of band of brothers rather than that I would expect Dave to really need it. Tell me where to send the check!

2) With all of us here driving $100k+ cars, I think it is an excellent discussion about "what do we need". I have a different idea: Every time something happens (good or bad to one of us, I believe it is fair to assume that we are all well covered by insurance and beyond that we all have the means to bear some extra expenditure. After all, nobody really needs (as in a matter of survival) an ///M car. So every time that something happens to one of us, good or bad, we all donate a nominal amount $100 or so each (a full tank of gas or alike) to a charity that we agree upon (preferably to people that are really in need). That would be a sign of all of us remembering that we are truly blessed with having issues like "oh, somebody rear-ended me". Believe me, I am not saying that such an incident is pleasant, I have recently had my fair share of unpleasant incidents. But in comparison what many other people in this world are struggling with, these are really luxury issues to have. So just an idea to stay grounded.

3) The "let's meet in the middle" idea is awesome. Let's thing big: The first ever national star-cruise and meet of ///M cars in North America. As many ///M cars from all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico etc. would drive to the geographic center of the U.S. If we do this right, I could see that we get BMW NA involved with heavy sponsoring, imagine the PR benefit of such an event. From coast to coast, there would be meeting points and group cruises. This would be a week long happening with regional sub-events. Once you start dreaming, the sky is the limit as to how big this could be. I nominate @RingMeister01 to head the organizing committee ;-)

Im in to help. Please PM me the details.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #26
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Im in to help. Please PM me the details.
Thanks RingMeister, but I've received plenty of support from the community so far. Thank you though kind sir.

Good news, though, the repair of the damages is almost complete. Mika goes into drydock this week to get the vinyl replaced. Then I have a separate issue with one of my wheels/tires to deal with. I'm hoping to have her fully restored by this Saturday. There is the annual Oktoberfest at one of our local BMW Indy Shops that I'm hoping for me and Mika to attend.

Appreciate 0