Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-15-2022, 01:29 PM   #45
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBLK View Post
Apart from CCB, B&O, Alcantara headliner, rear entertainment and night vision what else is it missing?

I’ll be doing the Dinan tune, intake, suspension and carbon front / rear. After that keep the mileage low and see how the value holds
Which one did you eventually pick up ?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 09:27 PM   #46
WolfBLK
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp

Alpine White option 1 with 497 miles on it
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 09:37 PM   #47
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Alpine White option 1 with 497 miles on it
Have you got it yet WolfBLK? If so, happy with it?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 08:00 AM   #48
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisterB View Post
Have you got it yet WolfBLK? If so, happy with it?
I did get it.. I was surprised to see it does have the Alcantara headliner. The car is amazing and has very few cosmetic flaws. I received it with 497 miles and after a round trip to the tint shop to remove what was there and add double 3M Crystalline all around and sunroof to block some of that FL heat. So up to 511 miles . Did notice it has heavy vibration around 80mph I’m sure the tires have flat spots from sitting for so long so I’ll be getting that checked out along with a fresh fluid change just to be safe.

I can say I was a bit underwhelmed by the factory exhaust note.. I’ve never driven an M5 prior to this one and I was under the impression that it would be a much deeper tone because every video I’ve watched was with an exhaust I guess. I haven’t had time to mess around with the settings but I do love it. Definitely an “Ultimate Driving Machine”

Once I figure out how to attach photos & videos on here I will start a new thread
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2022, 02:21 PM   #49
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
I did get it.. I was surprised to see it does have the Alcantara headliner. The car is amazing and has very few cosmetic flaws. I received it with 497 miles and after a round trip to the tint shop to remove what was there and add double 3M Crystalline all around and sunroof to block some of that FL heat. So up to 511 miles . Did notice it has heavy vibration around 80mph I’m sure the tires have flat spots from sitting for so long so I’ll be getting that checked out along with a fresh fluid change just to be safe.

I can say I was a bit underwhelmed by the factory exhaust note.. I’ve never driven an M5 prior to this one and I was under the impression that it would be a much deeper tone because every video I’ve watched was with an exhaust I guess. I haven’t had time to mess around with the settings but I do love it. Definitely an “Ultimate Driving Machine”

Once I figure out how to attach photos & videos on here I will start a new thread
Check if it's got the Exhaustmeister with remote..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 11:48 AM   #50
PB-32
Private
Rep
Drives: B6 S4, B8.5 S4, F10 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440i6MT View Post
Not the biggest fan of the options on the low mileage option....

But

With those miles? In a heartbeat. You're buying a brand new f10 M5. Keep the miles low, and this car will never depreciate..
Apart from CCB, B&O, Alcantara headliner, rear entertainment and night vision what else is it missing?

I’ll be doing the Dinan tune, intake, suspension and carbon front / rear. After that keep the mileage low and see how the value holds
Check out Carbahn. It's Steve Dinan's new shop after he sold Dinan. I'm very happy with my tune from them. Congrats on the car!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 05:51 PM   #51
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-32 View Post
Check out Carbahn. It's Steve Dinan's new shop after he sold Dinan. I'm very happy with my tune from them. Congrats on the car!
I did come across Carbahn. I do like that Dinan can stay on/in the car and goto a BMW service center without them having a panic attack. I’m not drag racing the car or anything so adding Dinan components, adding the Dinan badge and being able to service at the dealer when needed are a plus for me. Unless I’m misinformed with the vehicle being under extended warranty a Dinan tune or any other Dinan upgrades will not void the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 07:22 PM   #52
Rated M Roadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, i3, Z4M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-32 View Post
I did come across Carbahn. I do like that Dinan can stay on/in the car and goto a BMW service center without them having a panic attack. I’m not drag racing the car or anything so adding Dinan components, adding the Dinan badge and being able to service at the dealer when needed are a plus for me. Unless I’m misinformed with the vehicle being under extended warranty a Dinan tune or any other Dinan upgrades will not void the warranty.
Dinan tunes do void the warranty (factory at least). They just cover the cost of repair if warranty declines it, assuming it was related to the tune.

CURRENT ll F10 M5 l E85 Z4MR l I01 i3 REX
SOLD ll E70 X5M l E85 Z4MR VF570 l E36/7 Z3MR l E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #53
WolfBLK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
Dinan tunes do void the warranty (factory at least). They just cover the cost of repair if warranty declines it, assuming it was related to the tune.
Thank you for that.. any traps to choose Carbhan over Dinan?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 10:35 AM   #54
careagax5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

I have DINAN carbon fiber intakes for sale

If interested
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #55
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If it ain't standard warranty is void over here
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 07:51 PM   #56
440i6MT
Brother
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i, soon E60 M5 Manual

For the sake of exaggerating, the car has 6 miles on it. Why do you care about a warranty
Save your money.

In terms of options, I was referring to the cosmetic interior/exterior/wheels. But like I said, with those miles, it could be baby-sh*t green and I would have bought it!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #57
WindUp
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Congratulations on the purchase. Your car was LITERALLY three times as much as my 2013 with 97k miles. If you plan on not driving it much, then you made the right choice. It will hold its value and be worth more to the next guy. I daily drive mine and could not imagine it just sitting in the garage. It puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel.

I was unimpressed with the stock exhaust too, but I picked up an Exhaust Meister, which plugs into the stock system and opens and closes the exhaust valves at the touch of a button. You can use the provided remotes to program your garage door openers in the car, so you don't have to fiddle with the stupid remotes. I open it up during cold start, and it sounds so good. Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #58
sylky
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Option 1 better
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 10:41 PM   #59
golferdude
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread but Marshall Goldman BH still has the F10 M5 in Black Sapphire Metallic over Sakhir Orange Merino leather. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread but not sure if someone bought it or was looking at it. The Carfax number of owners is a bit confusing.

I've been torn between getting an F10 M5 or F90 M5/M5C. I prefer the body of the F10 but the "newness" of the F90.

Anyone else know anything about this car?

https://www.marshallgoldmanbh.com/us...bmw-m5-c-2120/
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 12:31 AM   #60
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
I'm sorry to resurrect this thread but Marshall Goldman BH still has the F10 M5 in Black Sapphire Metallic over Sakhir Orange Merino leather. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread but not sure if someone bought it or was looking at it. The Carfax number of owners is a bit confusing.

I've been torn between getting an F10 M5 or F90 M5/M5C. I prefer the body of the F10 but the "newness" of the F90.

Too many owners, I'd stick to two max. And also overpriced, this should be around $50k.

As for the f10 vs f90, I'd say f10 all day. The DCT alone is enough to justify it, makes the car feel very raw. Same with it being RWD only. And on average an F90 is ~$30k-$40k more expensive and same engine. I'd say the F10 has more road presence too due to the boxier design.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #61
golferdude
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferdude View Post

Too many owners, I'd stick to two max. And also overpriced, this should be around $50k.

As for the f10 vs f90, I'd say f10 all day. The DCT alone is enough to justify it, makes the car feel very raw. Same with it being RWD only. And on average an F90 is ~$30k-$40k more expensive and same engine. I'd say the F10 has more road presence too due to the boxier design.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the info! I agree 100% with everything.
Appreciate 0